Windows 10: Trying to fit an extender for wifi

Discus and support Trying to fit an extender for wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have bought a unbranded extender and followed the instructions by typing in the IP address 192.168.1.254 as it said in the instructions but am not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ICIT2LOL, Sep 25, 2020.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Trying to fit an extender for wifi

I have bought a unbranded extender and followed the instructions by typing in the IP address 192.168.1.254 as it said in the instructions but am not getting any hits for it.
    This extender was not cheap and I am wondering if I am going about it the wrong way because the device is not even listed in my net connections.

Any ideas greatly appreciated *Smile

:)

ICIT2LOL, Sep 25, 2020

2. Wifi not found after trying to install wifi extender

Running Windows 10 on a Dell Latitutde I was trying to setup a Netgear Wifi Extender because the Fios Router does not reach all the way to the other side of the house. I did the setup (so I thought) the way the manual told me and my computer was trying to connect to the extender, but it just stayed in "Connecting..." For a long long time. Eventually I gave up and thought I'd hit the reset button on the extender and try again.

Now my wifi adapter finds NO networks. All my other devices see all the networks.

The only other time this has ever happened I had accidentally hit the network adapter switch on the side of the PC, so I'm 100% sure that's not the problem and that it is 'on' in the settings. I've tried restarting the pc several times as well as toggling the adapter on/off, airplane mode on/off, and the switch on the PC on/off.. And it still sees no networks.. Any suggestions?

realtordcnova, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Belkin Debuts New Mini WiFi Range Extender

Belkin has today introduced a new WiFi Range Extender to help consumers achieve whole home WIFI coverage. The new WiFi Range Extender's compact form means it can be discreetly plugged into any wall socket, to maximise WiFI coverage and allow consumers to use their mobile devices anywhere in the home.

Belkin's WiFI Range Extender has been designed with a smaller form factor to plug directly into an electrical outlet without blocking the second socket, and despite its compact size can significantly increase the WiFi range of your router. Belkin's new WiFi Range Extender includes Simple Start Installation and is compatible with virtually any Wi-Fi router. It can be installed using a tablet or smartphone, as well as a PC or laptop. Just plug it in, find the home network, and enjoy greater wireless in minutes.

Trying to fit an extender for wifi Belkin_F9K1015_01_thm.jpg

The new WiFi Range Extender's single SSID makes installation and set-up even easier. The Range Extender uses the same user name and password as the router, and will automatically connect to the strongest WiFi signal it finds. This ensures all the WiFi enabled home devices will automatically be able to connect after the initial set up, without the user having to set devices up individually.

"Having WiFi is seen as a commodity today but achieving whole home coverage is still a challenge for many consumers," said Bart Bomers, director of Networking, Belkin EMEA. "With people using more devices throughout the home this is becoming an important challenge to address. With our new WiFi Range Extender, we offer people a smart solution that can be installed in minutes and extends WiFi range and eliminates dead spots in the home."

The new Belkin Wi-Fi Range Extender comes in a white ultra slim design that fits neatly into a wall outlet, and in most of the cases leaves enough space for other devices to be connected in the other socket. It is compatible with routers from any manufacturer, using standardized Wireless N technology.

WiFi range extender (F9K1015) - £ 29.99 / € 34.99
    • Smaller form factor fits discreetly to your wall socket without blocking other outlets
    • Simple Start Installation - Browser-based setup from a smartphone or tablet
    • Single SSID
    • Single band N300 (2,4 GHz)
    • WPS - WiFi Protected Setup

Cristian_25H, Sep 25, 2020
  4. erocker Win User

Fit's current machine... always changing

I'm just waiting for evga to list them for a step-up! Looks killer fits.

erocker, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Trying to fit an extender for wifi - Similar Threads - Trying fit extender

2. Wifi Extender causing BSOD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Extender causing BSOD?: Hello,I've recently received a Pc and for some reason, I keep receiving a BSOD after connecting to the internet. This used to be my brothers PC, and he used to use Linux on his Nvme drive. Since then, I have completely wiped the Nvme SSD and transferred my old data from a...
  3. Wifi Extender causing BSOD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Extender causing BSOD?: Hello,I've recently received a Pc and for some reason, I keep receiving a BSOD after connecting to the internet. This used to be my brothers PC, and he used to use Linux on his Nvme drive. Since then, I have completely wiped the Nvme SSD and transferred my old data from a...
  4. Wifi extender

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi extender: Netgear wifi extender. Windows 10 laptop. The extender is set up and running fine, phones are talking to it. Windows laptop can see it fine, but is still trying to connect to the real wifi router. Problem is that the internet keeps cutting in and out in the office, hence...
  5. wifi extender

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wifi extender: My wifi extender connects to the wifi used by my router and works on my phone but not my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-extender/878e7736-e422-4ba8-a243-b223bd003ba3
  6. re Wifi extender.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    re Wifi extender.: I installed a wifi TP extrender on my laptop and now even with it unplugged from the wall, it still shows on my network list. I want it out of my computer for good. Please help me remove all traces of it. thanks...
  7. Alexsixs WiFi Range Extender

Alexsixs WiFi Range Extender: I just set up the Alexsixs WiFi Range Extender to boost the signal strength of my Router for the four WiFi Windows 10 PCs being used at my home. The boosted signal gets invariably picked up by my mobile phone and by my Amazon Fire TV Stick. But my PCs sometimes pick up the...
  8. WiFi Extender Questions

WiFi Extender Questions: Yesterday I setup a WiFi Extender so that I could use my laptop when I'm outside in my work shed. Today I noticed that a device was connected to my extender. I checked my laptop and it was off. I found out that my desktop is connected to the extender and not directly to the...
  9. connecting to my wifi extender

connecting to my wifi extender: I cannot connect to my wifi extender (netgear) from my laptop. I have Windows 10 installed. I can connect with all other devices (cell phones). I can connect to my modem/router but when trying to connect to the extender it says "internet not available". Any suggestions or...
  10. Wifi not found after trying to install wifi extender

Wifi not found after trying to install wifi extender: Running Windows 10 on a Dell Latitutde I was trying to setup a Netgear Wifi Extender because the Fios Router does not reach all the way to the other side of the house. I did the setup (so I thought) the way the manual told me and my computer was trying to connect to the...