Windows 10: Trying to Fix Corrupted files in Windows 10 with command prompt but fails to repair files

Discus and support Trying to Fix Corrupted files in Windows 10 with command prompt but fails to repair files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am having issues with Windows 10 atm. My animations such and windows animations and my mouse moving around is very laggy to the point everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Zengo366, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Zengo366 Win User

Trying to Fix Corrupted files in Windows 10 with command prompt but fails to repair files

I am having issues with Windows 10 atm. My animations such and windows animations and my mouse moving around is very laggy to the point everything skips and has even affected my youtube video playback where the audio and video go out of sync and I know my internet connection has nothing to do with all of this. The lagging only goes away after a restart but comes back if i leave my PC idle for like 5 mins and it has never done this before I want a fix that DOES NOT INVOLVE REINSTALLING WINDOWS AND MAKING ME REINSTALL EVERYTHING AFTER IT. I want a fix that will auto repair it while keeping all my stuff installed.

My Specs
    1TB HDDwindows 10 installed with a 2TB external HDD
    24GB of ram
    GPU GTX 1050
    CPU AMD Phenomtm II x4 925

I just want this fixed I am tired of the mouse and window animation lags. I don't want to reinstall windows and lose everything now help me. forgive the category i put this in i can't find one related to my issue.

this is what i get when i ran "sfc /scannow
    "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
    For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
    windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
    repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag."

Please help me fix this.

:)

Zengo366, Feb 14, 2021

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Feb 14, 2021
  3. Corrupt file - Can't fix. [Fixed]

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community.

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Please perform the below steps and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope this information helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Feb 14, 2021
  4. mroofie Win User

Trying to Fix Corrupted files in Windows 10 with command prompt but fails to repair files

Corrupted file RAR

as far as I know you can try the repair option but usually that never works and that's why it might be impossible to get the files back :/

Who owns those rar files ?

mroofie, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Trying to Fix Corrupted files in Windows 10 with command prompt but fails to repair files - Similar Threads - Trying Fix Corrupted

2. Corrupt registry that command prompt can't fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt registry that command prompt can't fix: Can't play games related with battle eye service, so i checked and command prompt tells me there are some corrupt, damaged files but it can't fix it , ran DISM command, it says nothing is wrong, while SFC scan says otherwise, please help, thank you....
  3. Corrupt registry that command prompt can't fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupt registry that command prompt can't fix: Can't play games related with battle eye service, so i checked and command prompt tells me there are some corrupt, damaged files but it can't fix it , ran DISM command, it says nothing is wrong, while SFC scan says otherwise, please help, thank you....
  4. Windows 10 corrupted file repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 corrupted file repair: I've recently encountered a problem with my windows 10 update, so to solve this i went into cmd and did a sfc /scannow, now after doing this it found a corrupt file. i don't know how to fix this. can anyone help me...
  5. Windows 10 corrupted file repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 corrupted file repair: I've recently encountered a problem with my windows 10 update, so to solve this i went into cmd and did a sfc /scannow, now after doing this it found a corrupt file. i don't know how to fix this. can anyone help me...
  6. Windows 10 corrupted file repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. corrupt files command prompt cannot fix

corrupt files command prompt cannot fix: I am having win32kfull.sys bluescreen, and then I had a sfc /scannow with command prompt, and then it said windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them, how can I fix it? thanks...
  8. SFC failed to repair corrupted files Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SFC failed to repair corrupted files Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but...: Hi, I have performed sfc /scannow to check the integrity of the system files as the system is taking much time to boot and the disk read time is getting higher and often encounters STOP ERROR memory management error. and came to know that, "Windows Resource Protection...
  9. Windows 10 - repair corrupted filed

Windows 10 - repair corrupted filed: Hi everybody, I ran as admin the command "sfc /scannow" which "found some corrupt files but was enable to solve some of them". So I ran the command to get the sfcdetails.txt, everything is flagged as "info". Basically the log is as follow : 2018-11-09 13:22:55, Info...
  10. SFC failed to repair corrupted file

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC failed to repair corrupted file: Hello, I'm not a computer enthusiast. I periodically run sfc, dism and chkdsk to keep my operating system in working condition. Just today when I ran sfc via an elevated command prompt window it found some corrupted files but was unable to fix. I ran chkdsk and dism and...