Windows 10: Trying to fix DISM "source" not found issue with Techbench ISO-how?

Discus and support Trying to fix DISM "source" not found issue with Techbench ISO-how? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I started having the DISM online /cleanup-image errors when I used the command saying "source not found" I downloaded the Techbench ISO from a source... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pittguy578, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Trying to fix DISM "source" not found issue with Techbench ISO-how?

I started having the DISM online /cleanup-image errors when I used the command saying "source not found" I downloaded the Techbench ISO from a source and put the contents into a Folder called ISO in native directory on C drive. What command do I use now from the command line to fix this?

:)

pittguy578, Jan 30, 2016

2. SRX1313015978ID - Windows 10/Issue with Found corrupted files not fix

These steps solved my corrupt opencl.dll issue.

• dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
    • dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth
    • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    If Step 3 gives you and error. Download the appropriate Windows 10 ISO from
    Microsoft Techbench
    :
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-

Mount the ISO. Then run the following command where "X" is your mounted Windows 10 ISO.

Helpful links.

How to repair your file system
    using DISM and SFC

Windows 10 DISM Error

Qasim Shahid, Jan 30, 2016
  3. 93tid Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Jan 30, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Trying to fix DISM "source" not found issue with Techbench ISO-how?

Right click at the ISO you downloaded from Tech Bench > click Mount > leave it there.

Go back to the elevated command prompt you were using, copy/past this command ............

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

Note : H is the drive where the iso is mounted. Change it if your driver letter is different.

When it is completed, you should get the report that the operation is successful.
    Now run the sfc /scannow again. It should be ok this time.

davidhk, Jan 30, 2016
  5. Thank you for the response. One question I have though is do I have to make an actual external ISO with a DVD or USB stick?
    Reason I am asking is I just extracted the contents of the ISO image into a folder on my C drive. Can I "mount" a folder?

pittguy578, Jan 30, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Open the folder, mount the iso. That's what I always do and I do not use any other way.

It is always wise to burn the iso to a DVD or USB for future reinstall in the event your computer breaks down.
    But you don't need that in this operation.

davidhk, Jan 30, 2016
  7. topgundcp Win User
    If you've already extract the content of the ISO. Then use:
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:C:\PATH\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess
    Where PATH is the folder under C:

For example, if you axtract the ISO to a folder called xxx under C then the syntax would be:
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:C:\xxx\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

No need to burn to DVD or mount.

topgundcp, Jan 30, 2016
  8. Trying to fix DISM "source" not found issue with Techbench ISO-how?

How do I mount it? Just right click? I don't see an option to mount.

pittguy578, Feb 4, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    I was asking you to use the ISO file. Not the bootable DVD or ISB you have burnt.

Go to the folder where the iso file is saved at > Right click at the iso file > do you see the Mount option now ?

Trying to fix DISM "source" not found issue with Techbench ISO-how? [​IMG]

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Trying to fix DISM "source" not found issue with Techbench ISO-how?

1. Trying to fix DISM "source" not found issue with Techbench ISO-how? - Similar Threads - Trying fix DISM

2. DISM source files could not be found error - tried EVERYTHING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM source files could not be found error - tried EVERYTHING: Trying to run C:>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthAlways returnsError: 0x800f081f> The source files could not be found.> Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the featureTried all suggestions I could find online....
  3. DISM source files could not be found error - tried EVERYTHING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM source files could not be found error - tried EVERYTHING: Trying to run C:>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthAlways returnsError: 0x800f081f> The source files could not be found.> Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the featureTried all suggestions I could find online....
  4. Guys, dism issue Source file could not be found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Guys, dism issue Source file could not be found: 0x800f081f - Error Code.I ran: Dism /online /cleanup-image /RestoreHealthIt says source file couldn't be found.Please help...When I ran:Dism /online /cleanup-image /Checkhealth It says Repairable component.Guys, I'm afraid why it shown and how to fix it. I thought to run it...
  5. Guys, dism issue Source file could not be found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Guys, dism issue Source file could not be found: 0x800f081f - Error Code.I ran: Dism /online /cleanup-image /RestoreHealthIt says source file couldn't be found.Please help...When I ran:Dism /online /cleanup-image /Checkhealth It says Repairable component.Guys, I'm afraid why it shown and how to fix it. I thought to run it...
  6. DISM 'The source files could not be found’

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM 'The source files could not be found’: It gets irritating quite fast, when your system is not responding on a "mail open" or "open terminal" command. Press on a mail you want to open, and see Outlook start with "not responding". Do a right click on the terminal icon to open it as administrator and see nothing...
  7. DISM sources not found windows update not working issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISM sources not found windows update not working issue: I have noticed on a brand new laptop a windows update not working, i seem to have tried every step in the book for windows update fixes and no luck. Troubleshooting is disappointing Iv tried to fix things with sfc /scannow and DISM / ect.... But i keep getting "sources cannot...
  8. Dism source files not found

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dism source files not found: I have several problems on my pc and want fix win10 without reinstalling all apps. When I run: Code: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth[/quote] I get Error 87. With: Code: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /CheckHealth[/quote] I get a message, that it can be...
  9. DISM - The source files could not be found

DISM - The source files could not be found: Something is really screwed up with this image. Booting from an USB installation image indicates that it's already part way through an upgrade ???, and to remove the install media, then select 'yes', which then just boots back to the 0xc000021a error. I've now pulled...
  10. DISM Source Not Found

DISM Source Not Found: Been Having problem with my video drivers lately, virtual dj, and such, ran sfc/scannow no intergrity violations found, then tried to run Dism and it said "sources not found" that part not sure how to work around it. Windows 10 Pro x64bit 1703 15063.250 Finally got drives...