Windows 10: trying to fix screen resolution on my game

Discus and support trying to fix screen resolution on my game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My game has a resolution display, just updated to windows 11 and download some drivers from geforce experience, and when i change thee resolution in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mistrevous, Feb 28, 2024.

1. trying to fix screen resolution on my game

My game has a resolution display, just updated to windows 11 and download some drivers from geforce experience, and when i change thee resolution in the client side to 1920x1080 it over shoots and becomes barely interactable, also my keyboard keeps messing my my letters. my resolution on screen is set to 1920x1080 so i dont understand whats happening the experience isn't very good so far. I've downloaded nearly every update something just doesn't feel right.

:)

Mistrevous, Feb 28, 2024

2. Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 28, 2024
  3. full screen problem in gaming

Hello Ganesh,

It's unfortunate that you are facing issues with the display in Windows 10. We'll certainly assist you with this.

We appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Is the issue particular to that game or other games also?
    This issue could occur if the your playing a game at a different resolution than the desktop resolution.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the resolution of the game as well as the resolution with in the computer and see if you are able to play the games in full screen.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot the issues related to DirectX graphics and gaming on Windows 10.

DirectX Graphics and Gaming

Also,

Troubleshoot games

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode from Manufacturer's website, if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.
    Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Feb 28, 2024
  4. trying to fix screen resolution on my game

Screen Resolution

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have a few doubts regarding your Windows 10 screen resolution. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error message or error code on the screen?

• What is the model of your computer?

• Are you able to access the modern apps?

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    Refer to: How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the
      Search
      box from the desktop.
    • Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on
      Apply.
    • A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please reply with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Feb 28, 2024
Thema:

trying to fix screen resolution on my game

1. trying to fix screen resolution on my game - Similar Threads - trying fix screen

2. trying to fix screen resolution on my game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    trying to fix screen resolution on my game: My game has a resolution display, just updated to windows 11 and download some drivers from geforce experience, and when i change thee resolution in the client side to 1920x1080 it over shoots and becomes barely interactable, also my keyboard keeps messing my my letters. my...
  3. Screen resolution not correctly detected by games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen resolution not correctly detected by games: All of my games cannot detect full screen resolution options correctly but get -1x-1.Recently all of my games cannot correctly detect my screen resolution. I have a 2560x1440 monitor and it's set to native in Windows. However, if my games run in exclusive full screen mode,...
  4. Screen resolution not correctly detected by games

Screen resolution not correctly detected by games: All of my games cannot detect full screen resolution options correctly but get -1x-1.Recently all of my games cannot correctly detect my screen resolution. I have a 2560x1440 monitor and it's set to native in Windows. However, if my games run in exclusive full screen mode,...
  5. How to fix resolution when no screen connected?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to fix resolution when no screen connected?: I encountered a problem when I tried to use use remote control, when no screen is connected to the PC.It seems like the resolution is "broken" and everything is displayed very large. I tried to change the resolution in the settings, but it seems that the interface is disabled...
  6. Help! I can’t fix my screen resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! I can’t fix my screen resolution: I was messing around and I set my screen to 500 I tried everything it’s on a school pc please help! I’m crying hard and I’m scared it’s to big for me to scroll please help!I’ll take pictures tTy...
  7. Help! I can’t fix my screen resolution

Help! I can’t fix my screen resolution: I was messing around and I set my screen to 500 I tried everything it’s on a school pc please help! I’m crying hard and I’m scared it’s to big for me to scroll please help!I’ll take pictures tTy...
  8. Help! I can’t fix my screen resolution

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Games Are In Low Screen Resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games Are In Low Screen Resolution: Help All My Games Are In Low Screen Resolution These Games Are Not Made By Xbox Or Supported By Xbox Its Just Plain Old Games I Believe They Are From The 2000s And The Windows Taskbar Shows When I'm Playing Games In Full Screen The Games I Have Is: CueClub Subway Surfurs...
  10. Screen resolution fix

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen resolution fix: Hello to everyone, I have the following problem, I have two monitors right now, one connected hdmi to hdmi with a gtx1070 that works on 1440p perfectly. The other one (2nd monitor) a samsung syncmaster B2240 that is supposed to be able of reaching a 1080p resolution can't...