Windows 10: Trying to fix the Phone app + a few other apps too

Discus and support Trying to fix the Phone app + a few other apps too in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey there! So, i recently had an issue with my computer, so I did the only thing I could do, and that was to use an old restore point I made... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FrezzinEmerald, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Trying to fix the Phone app + a few other apps too

Hey there!

So, i recently had an issue with my computer, so I did the only thing I could do, and that was to use an old restore point I made

Saddly, that did not work out very well, because my computer was "Loading the Restore Point" for 13 Hours, So I powered off my computer, and I powered it back on, I was able to fix most of the issues that occurred when i abruptly stopped the restore point, but there is one issue that i still have...

I have a few apps that wont work at all!
    the one I mostly used was the Your Phone app, and that was the 1 app I could just not fix...

I have Restarted the app
    I Repaired the app
    I used the command prompt to uninstall the app, and I reinstalled it

I booted into safe mode to delete the program files for the Your Phone app

and none of these have helped out, everytime I try to boot up the app, it opens, does nothing for 2 seconds, then closes, and it unpins itself from the Taskbar, and the Start

I have tried to delete the Your Phone folders from the "WindowsApps" folder in "Program Files"
    Full path C:/Program Files/WindowsApps/Microsoft.YourPhone.[Random Letters and Numbers]
    But I do not have the permissions, even though I own my computer, I need permission from [laptop name]-I0
    I logged into the hidden Administrator account and tried to delete the files, but yet, still, I cannot delete the dang folders
    Is there any way that I can completely uninstall the app, so I can reinstall it with all its files, and fully functional?

This is a Windows 10 computer and I get no error code when the app closes, I don't wanna try anything that can risk any of my important files getting deleted

:)

FrezzinEmerald, Apr 3, 2021
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Apr 3, 2021
  3. W1zzard Win User
    TechPowerUp Mobile App Fixed

No, it's a native app, incredibly fast on even the slowest phones. The forum view is an embedded web page.

W1zzard, Apr 3, 2021
  4. Trying to fix the Phone app + a few other apps too

TechPowerUp Mobile App Fixed

is the mobile app just an embedded version of the website shrunk to fit a phone/tablet?

Easy Rhino, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

Trying to fix the Phone app + a few other apps too

1. Trying to fix the Phone app + a few other apps too - Similar Threads - Trying fix Phone

2. Headset mic is too quiet in Windows apps, but not in other apps!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset mic is too quiet in Windows apps, but not in other apps!: So I am using the Bose QC 35 II Gaming headset for gaming, chatting on discord, recording, and streaming. When using with my PC, this is a WIRED headset, not bluetooth. I have Windows 10. My volume is plenty loud enough my friends tell me in Discord, and I can hear for myself...
  3. Headset mic is too quiet in Windows apps, but not in other apps!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset mic is too quiet in Windows apps, but not in other apps!: So I am using the Bose QC 35 II Gaming headset for gaming, chatting on discord, recording, and streaming. When using with my PC, this is a WIRED headset, not bluetooth. I have Windows 10. My volume is plenty loud enough my friends tell me in Discord, and I can hear for myself...
  4. Headset mic is too quiet in Windows apps, but not in other apps!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. phone app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    phone app: I recently updated windows 8 to windows 10. I then trying to open the phone app to connect but it keep crashing. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-app/670f30ee-1db9-4cc9-bc2f-bf7ebaeb715a
  6. phone app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    phone app: I recently updated windows 8 to windows 10. I then trying to open the phone app to connect but it keep crashing. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-app/670f30ee-1db9-4cc9-bc2f-bf7ebaeb715a
  7. Windows Your Phone App - Fix for App Using a VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Your Phone App - Fix for App Using a VPN: I recently started using a VPN on both my android Samsung phone and my windows laptop. Once I did, I ran into a problem where the awesome "Your Phone" app was no longer able to connect. I could connect if the VPN was active on my laptop only, but not when the VPN was active...
  8. Windows Your Phone App - Fix for App Using a VPN

Windows Your Phone App - Fix for App Using a VPN: I recently started using a VPN on both my android Samsung phone and my windows laptop. Once I did, I ran into a problem where the awesome "Your Phone" app was no longer able to connect. I could connect if the VPN was active on my laptop only, but not when the VPN was active...
  9. Microsoft related apps and a few others broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft related apps and a few others broken: I have been signed out and cannot log into most if not all Windows 10 apps and games.Whenever I try to open the Microsoft Store I get the error code "0x80131500" and when opening the Xbox console companion I get the error code "0xbba". Using the regular Xbox app it launches...
  10. Hyper for YouTube not showing as Paid (and other apps too)

Hyper for YouTube not showing as Paid (and other apps too): I paid for the app and it just started in windows 10 build 10056 not showing as paid. Is anyone else having this issue with paid apps in this build? 5370