Windows 10: Trying to format my NVME, but it's stuck in read-only

Discus and support Trying to format my NVME, but it's stuck in read-only in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I received a 1Tb M.2 NVME from a friend and plan on using it in my PC build. He said it already had Windows 10 on it, but when I tried to boot with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lennon baskin, Feb 25, 2024.

1. Trying to format my NVME, but it's stuck in read-only

So I received a 1Tb M.2 NVME from a friend and plan on using it in my PC build. He said it already had Windows 10 on it, but when I tried to boot with it, it immediately went into automatic repair mode. When I selected the option to proceed to Windows, it just re-opened automatic repair. I have tried several ways of remedying this issue.I tried uninstalling windows through automatic repair, but before it even gives me the option to keep my files or erase everything, I get an error saying it was unable to process requestI tried using my technician PC to format the drive using DiskPart but this

:)

Lennon baskin, Feb 25, 2024
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Feb 25, 2024
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Changing Time Format

Hi Mary,

There's a possibility that the set up time format in your computer Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is military time. To have this checked, you can try to reset the time of your computer through Control Panel. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Open Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region >
      Change date, time, or number formats. This would open the
      Region
      window.
    • From there, click on Additional settings at the bottom part. It will open the Customize Format.
    • Click Reset; then, OK.

The steps should work; however, if not, we suggest that you contact manufacturer and have the BIOS time checked.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions .

John Sarc, Feb 25, 2024
  4. Megahertz Win User

Trying to format my NVME, but it's stuck in read-only

NVME SSD stuck in read only mode

I seems that your drive is defective. As already suggested, backup your data ASAP. I think the Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD has a 5 years warranty, if you still has the receipt of the purchase.

Megahertz, Feb 25, 2024
Thema:

Trying to format my NVME, but it's stuck in read-only

1. Trying to format my NVME, but it's stuck in read-only - Similar Threads - Trying format NVME

2. Trying to format my NVME, but it's stuck in read-only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to format my NVME, but it's stuck in read-only: So I received a 1Tb M.2 NVME from a friend and plan on using it in my PC build. He said it already had Windows 10 on it, but when I tried to boot with it, it immediately went into automatic repair mode. When I selected the option to proceed to Windows, it just re-opened...
  3. Trying to format my NVME, but it's stuck in read-only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to format my NVME, but it's stuck in read-only: So I received a 1Tb M.2 NVME from a friend and plan on using it in my PC build. He said it already had Windows 10 on it, but when I tried to boot with it, it immediately went into automatic repair mode. When I selected the option to proceed to Windows, it just re-opened...
  4. Folders stuck on Read Only.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders stuck on Read Only.: So I recently downloaded a game to play, and added mods for a better experience. However upon running the game, none of the mods worked. After some digging I found out it's due to the folders constantly reverting back to "read only". I've attempted to follow a couple of...
  5. Folders stuck on Read Only.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folders stuck on Read Only.: So I recently downloaded a game to play, and added mods for a better experience. However upon running the game, none of the mods worked. After some digging I found out it's due to the folders constantly reverting back to "read only". I've attempted to follow a couple of...
  6. Folders stuck on Read Only.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. folder stuck in Read Only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    folder stuck in Read Only: i've tried everything the internet has to offer to get this folder off of "Read Only" and it always reverts back to it. i'm about to put my fist through the monitor. i've tried everything like this,this, this, this, this, and this. any help is appreciated....
  8. Read only stuck

Read only stuck: Hello I have an issue tgat all folders are read only now at all drives, i tried to remove it using mant ways from remove the mark by mouse , ir use attrib command but each time i found that read only is appearing again . Also i checked the permission where i have tge full...
  9. Files stuck in read only

Files stuck in read only: Ive tried everything to set my file to not read only and nothing works. ive tried setting permissions and that didnt work. the last thing i can think of is to reinstall win 10. any ideas on how to fix this?...
  10. Stuck in Read Only

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in Read Only: After updating to Windows 10 I created a homegroup and now everything in documents is stuck in read only. It's the filled in box not the checked box. I manually uncheck the read only and it goes right back to read only. I left home group and tried unsharing folders but no...