Windows 10: Trying to get bitlocker key but Microsoft has locked me out of account for 30 days!!

Discus and support Trying to get bitlocker key but Microsoft has locked me out of account for 30 days!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to get a bitlocker key for my surface pro 3 that was destroyed after a windows update. SO I try to log in to my account to get the key only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Csolt, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Csolt Win User

Trying to get bitlocker key but Microsoft has locked me out of account for 30 days!!

I am trying to get a bitlocker key for my surface pro 3 that was destroyed after a windows update. SO I try to log in to my account to get the key only it forces me to enter a security code. I enter the details for it to send me the security code. It doesn't arrive.

I see on here this has been an ongoing problem for years with many complaints about it. So I tried an alternative verification with a new email address. Now I am locked out for 30 days whilst they verify the new security details. HOW REDICULOUS IS THIS!!

I tried to contact support but its a stupid robot. Absolutely fuming. How can I get the bitlocker code I need so I can re-install windows on my device? I cannot wait 30 days for this.

:)

Csolt, Nov 2, 2020

2. How to get BitLocker Recovery key if my microsoft account is locked for 30 days?

Hello,

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. We will help you.

I suggest refer the below link and check if it helps you.

This topic provides a high-level overview of BitLocker, including a list of system requirements, practical applications, and deprecated features.

Refer: BitLocker Windows 10

Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 2, 2020
  3. Bitlocker key can not be found in the microsoft account

After a regular update of Windows my Notebook asked me for the Bitlocker Key although I never activated this. The device is listed in my account but in the list of keys it's not.

Simply doing a reset is definitely not an option, the data is needed.

Every single suggestion for how to find the key is absolutely useless so far.

Dennis Wenzel, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Trying to get bitlocker key but Microsoft has locked me out of account for 30 days!!

How to get BitLocker Recovery key if my microsoft account is locked for 30 days?

I was having some problem with my Bios, i reset the option at startup, it asked me BitLocker recovery key, i tried to get it on my phone, my account password was saved in my pc, i pressed recover, it got reset, than it asked me for mobile no. I have provided
    and after that a message came saying you have new details i.e phone no so i cant access my recovery key for next 30 days.

What to do now is there any contact email/number where i can get support or any other way. Looking for your valuable answers, Thanks

Dhirendramohan, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

Trying to get bitlocker key but Microsoft has locked me out of account for 30 days!!

1. Trying to get bitlocker key but Microsoft has locked me out of account for 30 days!! - Similar Threads - Trying bitlocker key

2. Bitlocker has locked me out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker has locked me out: Bitlocker has me locked out of my work machine. Has been running fine for the better part of a year, and suddenly I can't get into itI've went to the aka.ms/recovery, and can see the device, but it says no bitlocker keys exist. Has Microsoft utterly screwed me AGAIN!...
  3. Bitlocker has locked me out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker has locked me out: Bitlocker has me locked out of my work machine. Has been running fine for the better part of a year, and suddenly I can't get into itI've went to the aka.ms/recovery, and can see the device, but it says no bitlocker keys exist. Has Microsoft utterly screwed me AGAIN!...
  4. Locked out of microsoft account and need bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of microsoft account and need bitlocker recovery key: Hi,I’ve only had my brand new laptop about a month and today turned it on to find a screen asking for a bitlocker key, so tried to log into my microsoft account which then asks to send me a code by txt but its not my number. Tried resetting the number but now telling me i...
  5. Locked out of microsoft account and need bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out of microsoft account and need bitlocker recovery key: Hi,I’ve only had my brand new laptop about a month and today turned it on to find a screen asking for a bitlocker key, so tried to log into my microsoft account which then asks to send me a code by txt but its not my number. Tried resetting the number but now telling me i...
  6. Cannot obtain Bitlocker Recover Key - Locked out of account awaiting 30 day security update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot obtain Bitlocker Recover Key - Locked out of account awaiting 30 day security update: I have been locked out of my computer following a security update. It is now requiring a BitLocker Recovery Key, when to sign in to Microsoft account, but had to provide a new email address due to changing email and phone numbers for secondary authentication, now it won't let...
  7. Cannot obtain Bitlocker Recover Key - Locked out of account awaiting 30 day security update

Cannot obtain Bitlocker Recover Key - Locked out of account awaiting 30 day security update: I have been locked out of my computer following a security update. It is now requiring a BitLocker Recovery Key, when to sign in to Microsoft account, but had to provide a new email address due to changing email and phone numbers for secondary authentication, now it won't let...
  8. Locked out of Microsoft Account Trying to Fix Bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of Microsoft Account Trying to Fix Bitlocker: So I've dealt with Bitlocker in the past on my computer and I've managed to fix it. However after a repair, it came up again and I entered my details differently and tried to update my email instead of the prior method I use, since I no longer have the phone number. I'm also...
  9. Locked out of Microsoft Account Trying to Fix Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of Microsoft Account Trying to Fix Bitlocker: So I've dealt with Bitlocker in the past on my computer and I've managed to fix it. However after a repair, it came up again and I entered my details differently and tried to update my email instead of the prior method I use, since I no longer have the phone number. I'm also...
  10. Locked out of Microsoft Account Trying to Fix Bitlocker