Windows 10: trying to get games to stast

Discus and support trying to get games to stast in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I downloadws several games and none of the will start up so how can I fix this so I can play the games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by loisworstell, May 5, 2019.

1. trying to get games to stast

I downloadws several games and none of the will start up so how can I fix this so I can play the games

:)

loisworstell, May 5, 2019

2. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, May 5, 2019
  3. Issue with Gaming resolution in Lumia 535.

Hi Balavarisrikanth,

• What is the exact issue are you facing games? Is it a online game or playing through any app?
    • Is this issue specific to any game?
    • Do you get any error message while trying to play?
    If you are facing this issue with store games, I suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the below article and check if this helps.

Lumia troubleshooting and repair

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10280/lumia-troubleshooting-and-repair

Note: From the above link navigate to Other problem
    > Problem not listed in the troubleshooting tool and try the steps.

Kindly let us know the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, May 5, 2019
  4. trying to get games to stast

full screen problem in gaming

Hello Ganesh,

It's unfortunate that you are facing issues with the display in Windows 10. We'll certainly assist you with this.

We appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Is the issue particular to that game or other games also?
    This issue could occur if the your playing a game at a different resolution than the desktop resolution.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the resolution of the game as well as the resolution with in the computer and see if you are able to play the games in full screen.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot the issues related to DirectX graphics and gaming on Windows 10.

DirectX Graphics and Gaming

Also,

Troubleshoot games

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode from Manufacturer's website, if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.
    Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 5, 2019
Thema:

trying to get games to stast

1. trying to get games to stast - Similar Threads - trying games stast

2. Getting BSoD while gaming, have tried multiple fixes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting BSoD while gaming, have tried multiple fixes: Okay so I'll run through what's happening and what I've tried to do to fix it below.What's happening: Bought a brand new PC from iBuyPower. Started getting BSoD issues a few weeks in. Issue only exists while gaming and doesn't affect anything else. I've tried to get iBuyPower...
  3. Getting this error when trying to play a game downloaded via Game Pass.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting this error when trying to play a game downloaded via Game Pass.: Happens on both Wolfenstein3D and Return to Castle Wolfenstein. I have uninstalled and redownloaded both games and still get this error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-this-error-when-trying-to-play-a-game/8a5be516-9d95-4280-bcd8-a192d19a082e
  4. Getting this error when trying to play a game downloaded via Game Pass.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting this error when trying to play a game downloaded via Game Pass.: Happens on both Wolfenstein3D and Return to Castle Wolfenstein. I have uninstalled and redownloaded both games and still get this error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-this-error-when-trying-to-play-a-game/8a5be516-9d95-4280-bcd8-a192d19a082e
  5. Trying to install a game and keep getting errors

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Trying to install a game and keep getting errors: Trying to install Forza Horizon 5 and I keep getting the error Code: 0x80070070 which is not enough space on my drive. It is trying to download it on my C drive which there is not enough room on but I want it on my D drive but it just keeps saying "Code: 0x80070070". I tried...
  6. Trying to install a game and keep getting errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to install a game and keep getting errors: Trying to install Forza Horizon 5 and I keep getting the error Code: 0x80070070 which is not enough space on my drive. It is trying to download it on my C drive which there is not enough room on but I want it on my D drive but it just keeps saying "Code: 0x80070070". I tried...
  7. Trying to install a game and keep getting errors

8. Getting error 0x87e00005 trying to install games on Game Pass for PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting error 0x87e00005 trying to install games on Game Pass for PC: Hi,I'm trying to download a couple of games to Gamepass and getting the above error. I've tried downloading a few other games including one I've successfully downloaded previously then uninstalled and I'm getting the same error. So far, out of the half dozen I've tried, only...
  9. Red symbol when trying to get a game

Red symbol when trying to get a game: I've been trying to download minecraft windows 10 edition as of late and i cant seem to install the game onto my PC. This symbol appears on my cursor when i hover over the install button. Is there something I am doing wrong? What can i do to prevent this from Happening...
  10. Trying to get a refund on a game with a starter kit.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Trying to get a refund on a game with a starter kit.: I purchased Minecraft windows 10 edition with the started pack, but it won't let me download it. I looked up online on how to and I found that I needed to update my computer, but when it starts restarting, it won't post for like an hour straight and then turn on. I kept...