Windows 10: Trying to get permission to load a printer driver

Discus and support Trying to get permission to load a printer driver in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am attempting to download a printer driver and I continue to get message I need to get permission to install however my option is only no. How do I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CommunityChurch1, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Trying to get permission to load a printer driver

I am attempting to download a printer driver and I continue to get message I need to get permission to install however my option is only no. How do I change to get permission on windows 10?

:)

CommunityChurch1, Feb 11, 2019

2. Postscript Printer Driver will not load

I need to download a Postscript Printer Driver to enable me to create PDF files from Pagemaker 7 files. Downloads from the Adobe website will not load. Have wasted a lot of time on this - any suggestions?

kilkennykenny, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Printer Network Bridge Not Identifying Computer

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for the update on the issue.

If issue persists, then try the steps provided below and see if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Method 2: Change permissions

I would suggest you to check if the user account has permission to print and manage the printer. Refer these steps:

a) Press Windows key +C, select control panel

b) Under Hardware and devices, select view devices and printers

c) Locate your printer and right click

d) Click on the Printer properties from the menu and select security tab

e) Select your user account name from the list of user accounts

f) Make sure that all the check boxes against the permissions are marked as “Allow”.

If the permission is already set as “allow”, then this could be a network setting issue. Check if your account is configured correctly to the network and check the network options.

Method 3: Re-install the printer

If the permission settings and the network settings are set correctly and yet you are facing this issue, I would suggest uninstall and re-install the printer and check. You can follow the steps provided below to do so:

Note: Please make sure that you have the setup file for the driver of the printer before uninstalling the current version.

a) Press Windows and x key together and click on Device Manager.

b) Locate the printer driver and expand the driver icon.

c) Right click on the driver icon and click on Uninstall.

d) Follow the onscreen instructions to uninstall the driver.

e) Locate the setup file of the driver for the printer.

f) Double Click on the setup file and follow the onscreen instructions to reinstall the driver.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Trying to get permission to load a printer driver

printer driver is unavailable

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• How exactly did you try to download the drivers?
    • Did you try to check if the printer driver's are shown in the device manager?
    Let's try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and select it.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and device
      troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 2: I suggest you to visit the manufacturer website of the printer and download and install the latest drivers and check if it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Trying to get permission to load a printer driver

1. Trying to get permission to load a printer driver - Similar Threads - Trying permission load

2. Windows 11 will not load printer drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 will not load printer drivers: I am running Windows 11 Ver 22H2 OS Build 22621.3007. I can not load printer drivers on the computer. The printer is an HP 8025e. The computer is a HP Laptop17t-cn000. The printer shows up in the HP Smart App. It shows on my network. It shows up in the Settings under Printers...
  3. Windows 11 will not load printer drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 will not load printer drivers: I am running Windows 11 Ver 22H2 OS Build 22621.3007. I can not load printer drivers on the computer. The printer is an HP 8025e. The computer is a HP Laptop17t-cn000. The printer shows up in the HP Smart App. It shows on my network. It shows up in the Settings under Printers...
  4. Trying to move cursors and getting TrustedInstaller permission error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to move cursors and getting TrustedInstaller permission error: Hi,I downloaded some custom Windows cursors today and I've created folders in the Cursor file with the cursor type example: flowers, dogs, Christmas, etc... Anyway I was able to move the majority of the downloaded cursors to the applicable folders. However, whenever I go to...
  5. Trying to move cursors and getting TrustedInstaller permission error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to move cursors and getting TrustedInstaller permission error: Hi,I downloaded some custom Windows cursors today and I've created folders in the Cursor file with the cursor type example: flowers, dogs, Christmas, etc... Anyway I was able to move the majority of the downloaded cursors to the applicable folders. However, whenever I go to...
  6. Why is win10 trying to load a printer driver for a printer that I have never had, and a...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is win10 trying to load a printer driver for a printer that I have never had, and a...: This is the event log error throwing event ID 370 & 215: The print spooler failed to regenerate the printer driver information for driver Canon Inkjet MP190 series for environment Windows x64. Win32 system error code 3016 0xbc8. This can occur after an operating system...
  7. Absent HP printer driver trying to update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Absent HP printer driver trying to update: Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 5458 with Windows 10. Every time it updates, is shown the message "HP printer 4/22/2009 12:00:00 AM 10.0.17119.1 status: pending installation" Fun fact: I don't have any HP printer. How can I solve this?...
  8. Keep getting HP Printer driver updates for printer that was uninstalled

Keep getting HP Printer driver updates for printer that was uninstalled: HP printer driver updates reinstall on my desktop despite the HP Printer having been uninstalled long ago and it does not appear on the printer device list. I just recently was advised on how to stop the windows HP Printer updates, which worked, but now see in the update...
  9. Error when trying to install printer driver

Error when trying to install printer driver: Hi, really need some help please. Bought a printer Canon Pixma MG2160 and tried to connect to my laptop. Plugged in the USB cable and downloaded the latest driver from the official Canon website. The MP and XPS drivers have both downloaded, but when i try to follow the...
  10. Postscript Printer Driver will not load

Postscript Printer Driver will not load: I need to download a Postscript Printer Driver to enable me to create PDF files from Pagemaker 7 files. Downloads from the Adobe website do not load - I get a message box: Severe X. Have wasted a lot of time on this - any suggestions? 43611