Windows 10: Trying to get permission to load a printer driver

Discus and support Trying to get permission to load a printer driver in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am attempting to download a printer driver and I continue to get message I need to get permission to install however my option is only no. How do I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CommunityChurch1, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Trying to get permission to load a printer driver

I am attempting to download a printer driver and I continue to get message I need to get permission to install however my option is only no. How do I change to get permission on windows 10?

:)

CommunityChurch1, Feb 11, 2019

2. Postscript Printer Driver will not load

I need to download a Postscript Printer Driver to enable me to create PDF files from Pagemaker 7 files. Downloads from the Adobe website will not load. Have wasted a lot of time on this - any suggestions?

kilkennykenny, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Printer Network Bridge Not Identifying Computer

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for the update on the issue.

If issue persists, then try the steps provided below and see if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Method 2: Change permissions

I would suggest you to check if the user account has permission to print and manage the printer. Refer these steps:

a) Press Windows key +C, select control panel

b) Under Hardware and devices, select view devices and printers

c) Locate your printer and right click

d) Click on the Printer properties from the menu and select security tab

e) Select your user account name from the list of user accounts

f) Make sure that all the check boxes against the permissions are marked as “Allow”.

If the permission is already set as “allow”, then this could be a network setting issue. Check if your account is configured correctly to the network and check the network options.

Method 3: Re-install the printer

If the permission settings and the network settings are set correctly and yet you are facing this issue, I would suggest uninstall and re-install the printer and check. You can follow the steps provided below to do so:

Note: Please make sure that you have the setup file for the driver of the printer before uninstalling the current version.

a) Press Windows and x key together and click on Device Manager.

b) Locate the printer driver and expand the driver icon.

c) Right click on the driver icon and click on Uninstall.

d) Follow the onscreen instructions to uninstall the driver.

e) Locate the setup file of the driver for the printer.

f) Double Click on the setup file and follow the onscreen instructions to reinstall the driver.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Trying to get permission to load a printer driver

printer driver is unavailable

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• How exactly did you try to download the drivers?
    • Did you try to check if the printer driver's are shown in the device manager?
    Let's try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and select it.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and device
      troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 2: I suggest you to visit the manufacturer website of the printer and download and install the latest drivers and check if it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Trying to get permission to load a printer driver

1. Trying to get permission to load a printer driver - Similar Threads - Trying permission load

2. WIN keeps trying to get access to the old printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIN keeps trying to get access to the old printer: I uninstalled the software for my old printer HP C4700. But Windows keeps trying to get access to this old printer. I receive the message "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable." The system wants me to select a source for installation...
  3. I tried to download a printer driver but the driver installation does not show up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I tried to download a printer driver but the driver installation does not show up: I am trying to install the driver updates for an HP 1320 LaserJet but the printer does not show up when I try to add it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-tried-to-download-a-printer-driver-but-the/7b357b91-f922-4001-ab05-778c52d64bc5
  4. printer drivers

printer drivers: I cannot find drivers for my printer. It is Lasershot model and I need drivers for Windows 10 pro. Please, where can I find the drivers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-drivers/019de3d9-22f8-4f5f-9b95-896d2819c82f
  5. t work permission get permission

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    t work permission get permission: my home network folder shows all my home computers, but dialogue box says I do not have permission when trying to access another computer. How do I get permission?...
  6. Printer drivers

Printer drivers: On my development machine I have an okidata 420 printing a custom form size. On my customers the form does not print correctly. the difference that I have found is this is on my machine and on my customers the driver version is 10.0.16299.15. They both have the same Driver...
  7. Printer Drivers

Printer Drivers: When I try to add a printer the list of driver is gone. It does not list any drivers. My wifi printer was working, Then it stopped working. I removed and was going to reinstall when I discovered I had no drivers. How to I get the list of drivers back....
  8. printer drivers

printer drivers: Why is Windows 10 64 bit so annoying intolerant with older printers? Canon, HP 1022, scanners, you name it. What's more: installation seems to be successful but after that it - does - not - work! I'm becoming aggressive while I'm in principle a peaceful person. Why is...
  9. Getting an error when trying to load an app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting an error when trying to load an app: [img] I can't for the life of me fix this problem! 38440
  10. Postscript Printer Driver will not load

Postscript Printer Driver will not load: I need to download a Postscript Printer Driver to enable me to create PDF files from Pagemaker 7 files. Downloads from the Adobe website do not load - I get a message box: Severe X. Have wasted a lot of time on this - any suggestions? 43611