Windows 10: Trying to get rid of two icons on the status bar (image attached)

Discus and support Trying to get rid of two icons on the status bar (image attached) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The Windows 10 taskbar (system area on the right) has two icons that I would love to get rid of. One indicates the keyboard language "English" which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ineuw, Jun 11, 2020.

1. ineuw Win User

Trying to get rid of two icons on the status bar (image attached)

The Windows 10 taskbar (system area on the right) has two icons that I would love to get rid of. One indicates the keyboard language "English" which is the only language installed, so it's superfluous. The other is the box which is a totally useless indicator of system notices. This is on my laptop, currently v2004 and it was the same in version 1909. My desktop is still v1909 and never had this icon.
    P.S. I could use the taskbar real estate.

:)

ineuw, Jun 11, 2020

2. Unable to view status bar

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Are you able to access other icons on the task bar?

• Did you turned off, system icon?
    This might occur when the system icon is turned off.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Settings in the search area on the task bar and select
      Settings.

• Select the System option.

• Select Notification and action center.

• Select Turn on/off system icon.

• Turn on the icon which you want to view on your status bar.
    For any query related to Windows Operating System, feel free to post on Microsoft Community.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Hide Icon of language on status bar

Turn input indicator off:

Trying to get rid of two icons on the status bar (image attached) [​IMG]

Edwin, Jun 11, 2020
  4. swarfega Win User

Can the Explorer status bar icons be hidden?

Hi there and welcome.

Yes you can hide the status bar and those two icons.

Click on the view menu and then select options. You can then untick show status bar.

swarfega, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Trying to get rid of two icons on the status bar (image attached) - Similar Threads - Trying rid icons

2. How do i get rid ow the status icon?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i get rid ow the status icon?: I am trying to make a invisible folder,but i still have a status icon there,how do i get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-ow-the-status-icon/1b997c67-2cf0-41aa-a9a0-b1578ecb1182
  3. How do i get rid ow the status icon?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i get rid ow the status icon?: I am trying to make a invisible folder,but i still have a status icon there,how do i get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-ow-the-status-icon/1b997c67-2cf0-41aa-a9a0-b1578ecb1182
  4. Getting Rid Of Bing Image in Search Bar Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Rid Of Bing Image in Search Bar Windows 10: Ok, just another example of Microsoft sneaking **** in and then not allowing users to have control of their settings.In the last update for Windows 10 there is now a Bing image in the lower left search bar. I don't **** want it there and there is no way to get rid of it!...
  5. Getting Rid Of Bing Image in Search Bar Windows 10

Getting Rid Of Bing Image in Search Bar Windows 10: Ok, just another example of Microsoft sneaking **** in and then not allowing users to have control of their settings.In the last update for Windows 10 there is now a Bing image in the lower left search bar. I don't **** want it there and there is no way to get rid of it!...
  6. Getting Rid Of Bing Image in Search Bar Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How do I get rid of the image in the search bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of the image in the search bar?: Hello, how do I remove this image in the search bar that appeared recently? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-image-in-the-search-bar/ed3d1ef7-6055-4700-9270-63ceca263618
  8. How do I get rid of the image in the search bar?

How do I get rid of the image in the search bar?: Hello, how do I remove this image in the search bar that appeared recently? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-image-in-the-search-bar/ed3d1ef7-6055-4700-9270-63ceca263618
  9. How do I get rid of the image in the search bar?

10. Changing Status Bar Icon & Text?

Changing Status Bar Icon & Text?: [ATTACH] Not sure if these are generated by Classic Explorer or not, or if it's pulled from elsewhere like in past Windows versions, but I'd like to change the icon and text through the registry, if possible. This is on Windows 10 LTSB 2016, with Classic Theme on. Any help...