Windows 10: Trying to get Snip and Sketch tool to show the "Save as" window after snipping but it won't.

Discus and support Trying to get Snip and Sketch tool to show the "Save as" window after snipping but it won't. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; At work, whenever I do a Snip and Sketch capture (using the Win+Shift+S shortcut), it shows your snip with the option to save a copy or edit. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SeraphsEnvy, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Trying to get Snip and Sketch tool to show the "Save as" window after snipping but it won't.

At work, whenever I do a Snip and Sketch capture (using the Win+Shift+S shortcut), it shows your snip with the option to save a copy or edit. When I use the same shortcut at home or another office desktop, the edit/save as window does not show up. How do I get to window show up so that I can save rather than just copying the snip to the clipboard?

Thank you.

submitted by /u/SeraphsEnvy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SeraphsEnvy, Apr 3, 2020
  2. JimWynne Win User

Snip & Sketch

It's the Snipping Tool that's being phased out, not Snip & Sketch. FWIW, I just used the latter tool and was able to paste the snip into a Word (Office 365) document. There was a point in the past when for reasons unknown, opening Word would clear the
    clipboard. If you're using an older version, you might want to try opening the document first, before taking a screenshot.

If you prefer to use Snipping Tool, all you have to do (as I suggested earlier) is open the Start Menu and type snip.

JimWynne, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Martmcd Win User
    snip & sketch

strange, is the saved file blank or is it not taking a snip?

if the saved file is blank, try saving in a different format.

if it is not taking a snip, try selecting a larger piece of the screen.

Windows 10 Tip: Snip & Sketch

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/201...

Martmcd, Apr 3, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Trying to get Snip and Sketch tool to show the "Save as" window after snipping but it won't.

New snipping tool. Snip & Sketch

Hi Margo

To use the new Snip and Sketch, please try this:

Click New

Then in the top middle edge of your screen, you will see a small panel with 4 different snip options (Full Screen, Window, Rectangle . . etc.)

Click one of those options

Then when the screenshot is taken, you should be able to click 'Save' icon at the top right of Snip and Sketch and choose the location and file name for that file . . .

DaveM121, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Trying to get Snip and Sketch tool to show the "Save as" window after snipping but it won't.

1. Trying to get Snip and Sketch tool to show the "Save as" window after snipping but it won't. - Similar Threads - Trying Snip Sketch

2. Snipping Tool won't save

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool won't save: Hi Friends -The Snipping Tool won't save for me. It will open, it will let me snip whatever I need.It will also let me write on it or whatever but it won't save.I have already done the reset.Then I uninstalled and reinstalled.Still no saving. Help!...
  3. Photos, Snip and Sketch Tool Not Saving

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos, Snip and Sketch Tool Not Saving: I first received an error message when trying to save a cropped image from Photos that prompted I did not have permission to save changes to this type of file. The prompt suggests making a copy, which does not work either.Today I tried using the snip and sketch tool to show...
  4. SNIPPING TOOL WON'T SAVE!

in Windows 10 Customization
    SNIPPING TOOL WON'T SAVE!: past few months and the snipping tool still can save. having to click then save as does nothing. clicking the save buttonfloppy disk button does nothing also. clicking close, then snipping tool asks if i want to save, then i click yes, but it only closes the program. i tried...
  5. Snipping Tool vs Snip and Sketch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Snipping Tool vs Snip and Sketch: I've never had issue with Snipping Tool- Did we fix something that wasn't broke? I did a S&Sketch of an important screen...have not found the screen shot yet. Where would it be?...
  6. Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch Resolutions

Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch Resolutions: Hi Guys, My device information: [img] Do you Guys know how to go about increasing the resolution of images taken using the Snipping Tool and / or the Snip & Sketch tool? The default resolution setting for both app is way too low (at 96DPI only) The image below shows the...
  7. Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch

Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch: Since users have been asking since 2011, or so, about the inability of Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch to capture single images longer or wider than the viewable area of the screen, are there any plans to add this capability? I use Snagit at the office to supplement the...
  8. Snip & Sketch Tool

Snip & Sketch Tool: The new Windows Snip & Sketch tool seems too be just a nicer looking Snipping Tool, which I welcome nicely, but I do not see any significant change. The only was to annotate clearly is by using a pen device. Maybe ok if your device is portable, but useless when collaborating...
  9. New snipping tool. Snip & Sketch

New snipping tool. Snip & Sketch: I have tried using the new snipping tool that is replacing the existing on. If I don't click on the pop up that appears asap, once is dissapears so does the image. I have been undable to find any of the images I have snipped. I tried searching using key words but to no...
  10. Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.: Downloaded the 1809 version of windows 10, no problems except that the new "Snip and sketch" app doesn't save anything. Get a message telling me " Something went wrong" all of the time. The app will not allow me to change permission to access pictures either. Did reset it...