Windows 10: Trying to go back to windows from Linux Manjaro, but got stuck

Discus and support Trying to go back to windows from Linux Manjaro, but got stuck in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I don’t know if anyone here can help, but I really want to go back to windows from Linux, but I’ve used woe usb to make a bootable usb with both the 32... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bill_Cipher42, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Trying to go back to windows from Linux Manjaro, but got stuck

I don’t know if anyone here can help, but I really want to go back to windows from Linux, but I’ve used woe usb to make a bootable usb with both the 32 bit and 64 bit but neither have worked, my bios is set to boot off of the flash drive, what am I doing wrong?

submitted by /u/Bill_Cipher42
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bill_Cipher42, Jan 25, 2021
  2. MikeZekel Win User

Switching from Manjaro/Linux to Windows

I posted this question on the Manjaro Linux forum, and someone directed me to here. Now, I switched from Windows 10 to Manjaro and I want to switch back, mainly because I can't play most of my games with Linux. I already have a 8GB USB with Windows
    10 on it. However, it's not an ISO. Just an EXE. I can use Wine to launch it, and when click install on the Windows 10 pop-up, it gives an error message saying that Windows cannot find a location to store temporary files. I tried running BIOS and selecting
    the USB, but that told me to use Rufus. I installed and launched Rufus with Wine. I cannot select a device on Rufus though, as when I click on it, nothing happens. I'm stuck with Manjaro, not being able to play most of my games. Any way on how I can swithc
    my OS back to Windows 10?

MikeZekel, Jan 25, 2021
  3. D_Blade Win User
    Dual Boot Linux Manjaro Issues in Windows 10

Ehh,

that sounds weird. Why would it want to start Windows if you selected Linux ? In EasyBCD, did you choose the partition where you installed Linux on ? I mean, if you choose to boot Linux, it should not come up with "Windows failed at start" at all...

Well, you are free to try it with a different OS. Its sad, that Manjaro does not work, since it is one of the most user-friendly Linux systems.

D_Blade, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Trying to go back to windows from Linux Manjaro, but got stuck

Dual Boot Linux Manjaro Issues in Windows 10

I used the EasyBCD bootloader with both Grub legacy and Grub 2 and also tried out EasyBCD's automatic detect function. All of them gave me the same error:

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. ...

Why is this giving an error with Windows when the boot specified is a Linux system?

I got to the Windows Bootloader though, and did see all the entries I had made, but it still gave me an error trying to start the computer from there.

I re-installed manjaro and repeated the process with EasyBCD but the same error keeps cropping up.

Maybe I'll try installing another OS to see if it is a problem with Manjaro or just my computer.

Daniel Foreman, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

Trying to go back to windows from Linux Manjaro, but got stuck

1. Trying to go back to windows from Linux Manjaro, but got stuck - Similar Threads - Trying Linux Manjaro

2. DualBoot W11 & Manjaro - OneDrive inaccessible from Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DualBoot W11 & Manjaro - OneDrive inaccessible from Linux: Hello there!I have a dual-boot system with Manjaro and Windows 11. Additionally, there's one more NTFS partition that is shared solely for data. Within that partition, there's an OneDrive folder containing all downloaded files. It has been working fine for a long time, but...
  3. DualBoot W11 & Manjaro - OneDrive inaccessible from Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DualBoot W11 & Manjaro - OneDrive inaccessible from Linux: Hello there!I have a dual-boot system with Manjaro and Windows 11. Additionally, there's one more NTFS partition that is shared solely for data. Within that partition, there's an OneDrive folder containing all downloaded files. It has been working fine for a long time, but...
  4. Trying To Go From Windows Back To Mac.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying To Go From Windows Back To Mac.: So, I recently used the boot camp assistant so I could switch from Mac to Windows Only because I wanted to play vr on my computer And now, I have no idea how to switch back to Mac.One major problem I'm having is trying to download the boot camp assistant on Windows. Every...
  5. Trying To Go From Windows Back To Mac.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying To Go From Windows Back To Mac.: So, I recently used the boot camp assistant so I could switch from Mac to Windows Only because I wanted to play vr on my computer And now, I have no idea how to switch back to Mac.One major problem I'm having is trying to download the boot camp assistant on Windows. Every...
  6. Trying To Go From Windows Back To Mac.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. i need help going back to windows 10 from linux

i need help going back to windows 10 from linux: I tried downloading the windows 10 iso from here with usb with exfat, but when i try installing it it says "No device drivers were found". Any way to fix that? I dont have any other devices with Windows but i have a product key....
  8. I want to go back from linux to windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I want to go back from linux to windows 10: I want to go back windows 10 from linux but i don't have product key. My laptop comes with pre-installed windows 10. Can i go back my genuine windows 10....
  9. Switching from Manjaro/Linux to Windows

Switching from Manjaro/Linux to Windows: I posted this question on the Manjaro Linux forum, and someone directed me to here. Now, I switched from Windows 10 to Manjaro and I want to switch back, mainly because I can't play most of my games with Linux. I already have a 8GB USB with Windows 10 on it. However, it's not...
  10. Switching from Manjaro to Linux

Switching from Manjaro to Linux: I posted this question on the Manjaro Linux forum, and someone directed me to here. Now, I switched from Windows 10 to Manjaro and I want to switch back, mainly because I can't play most of my games with Linux. I already have a 8GB USB with Windows 10 on it. However, it's not...