Windows 10: Trying To Go From Windows 10 Home Build To 21H2 But Cannot Disable Dark Mode

Discus and support Trying To Go From Windows 10 Home Build To 21H2 But Cannot Disable Dark Mode in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I am trying to go to Build 21H2 from 1803 Windows 10 Home. I am doing this because I plan to obtain a key to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. As I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by OzzieMan[[[]]], Jun 9, 2022.

1. Trying To Go From Windows 10 Home Build To 21H2 But Cannot Disable Dark Mode

Hello,I am trying to go to Build 21H2 from 1803 Windows 10 Home. I am doing this because I plan to obtain a key to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. As I understand it, one needs to have the latest Build before installing the Windows 10 Pro Key.When I allow the regular update notice to take its course and update from 1803 to 21H2, everything is different. The biggest --- and most annoying and frustrating --- difference is that many of my screens are in Dark Mode. I absolutely hate this! I have researched some advice on the Web and the comments say for me to go thru the Start / Settings / Personaliz

:)

OzzieMan[[[]]], Jun 9, 2022
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Windows 10 Dark Mode Not Working

Hi kontkrabber

In Windows 10 version 1903, the Mode settings changed, please try this:

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to Personalization - Colors

Set 'Choose your Color' to Custom

Set Windows Mode to Dark

Set App Mode to Dark

If that does not work for you, toggle App Mode to light, then back to Dark . . .

If your settings are different to the above listed settings:

Click your Start Button, type winver and hit Enter

On the resulting dialog, what Version No. and build No. of Windows 10 are you running?

DaveM121, Jun 9, 2022
  3. Steve C Win User
    Steve C, Jun 9, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

Trying To Go From Windows 10 Home Build To 21H2 But Cannot Disable Dark Mode

dalchina, Jun 9, 2022
Thema:

Trying To Go From Windows 10 Home Build To 21H2 But Cannot Disable Dark Mode

1. Trying To Go From Windows 10 Home Build To 21H2 But Cannot Disable Dark Mode - Similar Threads - Trying Home Build

2. Trying To Go From Windows 10 Home Build To 21H2 But Cannot Disable Dark Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying To Go From Windows 10 Home Build To 21H2 But Cannot Disable Dark Mode: Hello,I am trying to go to Build 21H2 from 1803 Windows 10 Home. I am doing this because I plan to obtain a key to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. As I understand it, one needs to have the latest Build before installing the Windows 10 Pro Key.When I allow the regular update notice...
  3. Trying To Go From Windows 10 Home Build To 21H2 But Cannot Disable Dark Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying To Go From Windows 10 Home Build To 21H2 But Cannot Disable Dark Mode: Hello,I am trying to go to Build 21H2 from 1803 Windows 10 Home. I am doing this because I plan to obtain a key to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. As I understand it, one needs to have the latest Build before installing the Windows 10 Pro Key.When I allow the regular update notice...
  4. Disable dark mode in Windows Search

in Cortana
    Disable dark mode in Windows Search: Microsoft recently updated windows 10 search to have a dark mode. However I prefer light mode search. I have dark mode enabled only for system and not for apps. When I disable dark mode completely I get light mode search back but I do not want to do that.Up until now,...
  5. Disable dark mode in Windows Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable dark mode in Windows Search: Microsoft recently updated windows 10 search to have a dark mode. However I prefer light mode search. I have dark mode enabled only for system and not for apps. When I disable dark mode completely I get light mode search back but I do not want to do that.Up until now,...
  6. Disable dark mode in Windows Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to go from windows 10 home to s mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to go from windows 10 home to s mode: Hello Microsoft! I have a question about s mode I couldn't find anything that talks about this certain thing. So I recently got a laptop and decided to download chrome, of course i did it through the website*chrome store* i don't know if that is the only way you can do it,...
  8. Can't disable Dark Mode

Can't disable Dark Mode: several months ago, I enabled Dark Mode. Then I began to experience problems with certain applications. Please note the attached jpg. Regedit tells me it is disabled. Now, notice that I used photoshop to make this and that its menu bar has blacked out squares. Before I...
  9. Disable Chrome Dark Mode?

in Browsers and Email
    Disable Chrome Dark Mode?: This fix no longer works in the latest version of Chrome. Is there another way of showing Chrome in ' normal' mode ? Windows 10 – Disable Google Chrome DARK MODE – takujingi 137758
  10. Windows 10S Dark Mode on Surface Go

Windows 10S Dark Mode on Surface Go: Hi Y'all, I just picked up a Surface Go and despite being fully updated I can't get explorer to go dark when Dark Mode is activated. Running 1803 Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. [ATTACH]...