Windows 10: Trying to help my dad was is computer dumb. This is the screen he got stuck on after an...

Discus and support Trying to help my dad was is computer dumb. This is the screen he got stuck on after an... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Maverickx25 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Maverickx25, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Trying to help my dad was is computer dumb. This is the screen he got stuck on after an...

/u/Maverickx25, Jan 13, 2021
  2. qubit Win User

i update bios then black screen ???? pls help me 980ti

@smoka Great you fixed it and would be interesting to know how you did it. Care to list the basic steps you took to do it so that it can help others stuck in the same situation?

qubit, Jan 13, 2021
  3. goosmurf Win User
    Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

The first suggestion is not helpful since the problem is that we have many open programs stuck behind the lock screen.

I have run into this problem and tried the On-screen keyboard but it does not help.

An additional data point is that it does not matter what password is entered.

Enter correct password -> spinner shows up, after about 30 seconds the spinner goes away and the screen remains locked.

Enter blank password (simply hit Enter) -> same behaviour as above.

The behaviour is the same whether using physical or On-screen keyboards.

goosmurf, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Trying to help my dad was is computer dumb. This is the screen he got stuck on after an...

windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Trying to help my dad was is computer dumb. This is the screen he got stuck on after an...

1. Trying to help my dad was is computer dumb. This is the screen he got stuck on after an... - Similar Threads - Trying help dad

2. Microsoft tech went on my computer to help with my Microphone. he got it working but as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft tech went on my computer to help with my Microphone. he got it working but as...: Ok I need speech to search on my computer as I'm having eye surgery soon. A Microsoft tech went on my computer and tried to fix my microphone. Ever since then I havn't been able to use the settings app and my Microphone does not work. I'm not good with computers! can someone...
  3. Microsoft tech went on my computer to help with my Microphone. he got it working but as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft tech went on my computer to help with my Microphone. he got it working but as...: Ok I need speech to search on my computer as I'm having eye surgery soon. A Microsoft tech went on my computer and tried to fix my microphone. Ever since then I havn't been able to use the settings app and my Microphone does not work. I'm not good with computers! can someone...
  4. Microsoft tech went on my computer to help with my Microphone. he got it working but as...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Help! My computer got a virus.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! My computer got a virus.: Hi. Windows Security is reporting that my pc has a trojan.I click to remove it and just runs a quick scan. What can i do?Note: I'm running windows 10 home and the name that gives me is this:Trojan:Win32/SystemBC.psyF!MTB.Anybody who can help, leave a comment on the post.Thank...
  6. Help! My computer got a virus.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help! My computer got a virus.: Hi. Windows Security is reporting that my pc has a trojan.I click to remove it and just runs a quick scan. What can i do?Note: I'm running windows 10 home and the name that gives me is this:Trojan:Win32/SystemBC.psyF!MTB.Anybody who can help, leave a comment on the post.Thank...
  7. Stuck on blue screen after cliking got it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on blue screen after cliking got it: [ATTACH] I just bought new laptop, while doing initial setup of entering password and all, after the window of "Office comes with your device" I click on got it but nothing happens it stays on blue screen forever. Help me! submitted by /u/ImBatmaannnn [link] [comments]...
  8. Inherited my dad's computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Inherited my dad's computer: Hi, I inherited my dad's desktop. I do not know his Microsoft account password. I need to reinstall Windows 10. Is this possible without his password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inherited-my-dads-computer/f66a9f3c-19ec-444b-a985-2d391144d4be
  9. I did a dumb thing, got the green screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I did a dumb thing, got the green screen: Hey there! So long story short, i ended up accidently ending a task in the task manager on my laptop (Windows10) and basically shut down the whole 'user friendly' thing. Dont remember what it was called, i think the Windows Manager maybe? I can still sign in (i turned my...
  10. Computer got stuck before login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer got stuck before login screen: Title says it all. I woke my computer from sleep mode, and clicked to get to the PIN entry screen, but instead, it just got stuck at a screen with only the background image. The only way out was to cold boot. I literally never had this happen until today. What may have caused...