Windows 10: trying to import bookmarks and set up mail on new laptop nothing is going right error codes etc

Discus and support trying to import bookmarks and set up mail on new laptop nothing is going right error codes etc in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I keep getting error code 0x8019019a when I try to add my google and yahoo emails to the mail on my new laptop.Also trying to import bookmarks and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CMParker08, May 9, 2021.

1. trying to import bookmarks and set up mail on new laptop nothing is going right error codes etc

I keep getting error code 0x8019019a when I try to add my google and yahoo emails to the mail on my new laptop.Also trying to import bookmarks and passwords but will have to do that with a usb I suspect.The mail issue is driving me nuts though.Any help is appreciated.

:)

CMParker08, May 9, 2021

2. Edge Import Bookmarks from Chrome does not work

Hi,

To resolve your issue with Microsoft Edge, we suggest that you clear your browsing data. Please follow the steps below:

• Click on the 3 dots at the upper right corner of Edge.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Go to Clear browsing data.
    • Click on Choose what to clear > Clear.
    • Try to import your bookmarks from Chrome to Microsoft Edge.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, May 9, 2021
  3. graye Win User
    Problem with importing bookmarks

It could be related to an issue with the Chrome "profile". Take a look at this article that describes the problem and suggests a fix

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/ms-edge-not-listing-chrome-import-favorites/

graye, May 9, 2021
  4. trying to import bookmarks and set up mail on new laptop nothing is going right error codes etc

Edge: Bookmark import -- no outside browsers recognized

Hi Brian,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Based on your information you need to select right option to import favorites form a different browser. Try the below steps to import favorites from firebox.

Step 1.

• Open Firefox and press Ctrl + Shift + B together, now click on
      Import and backup.

• Select Exports Bookmarks to HTML and
      save
      the favorite to a folder.
    Step 2.

• Open internet explorer and press Alt + Z.

• Select Import and export now click on Import from a file.

• Click on Next and select Favorites.

• Now browse for the file where you have save Firefox favorites and click on the bookmark and click open and click
      Next, now import the bookmark.

• Once you are done importing favorites in internet explorer, you can import it on Microsoft edge.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, May 9, 2021
Thema:

trying to import bookmarks and set up mail on new laptop nothing is going right error codes etc

1. trying to import bookmarks and set up mail on new laptop nothing is going right error codes etc - Similar Threads - trying import bookmarks

2. setting up accounts in Mail App - error code 0x8007139f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    setting up accounts in Mail App - error code 0x8007139f: I am trying to set up Mail on my laptop for a new yahoo account, however I keep getting the error code 0x8007139f like many other people.I have set up ok on outlook but had to use an authenticator password. I have tried usual and authenticator password and still get error...
  3. setting up accounts in Mail App - error code 0x8007139f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    setting up accounts in Mail App - error code 0x8007139f: I am trying to set up Mail on my laptop for a new yahoo account, however I keep getting the error code 0x8007139f like many other people.I have set up ok on outlook but had to use an authenticator password. I have tried usual and authenticator password and still get error...
  4. Importing bookmarks from old PC to new PC

in Browsers and Email
    Importing bookmarks from old PC to new PC: I have installed Firefox on my new PC and now wish to import all my FF bookmarks from my old desk top (Vista), I have them on a usb stick html and have loaded them into my documents on my new PC how do I load them onto FF? Thank you. 133902
  5. Get Error Code 0x80004005 and error code 0x80070520 when trying to set up a mail account...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Get Error Code 0x80004005 and error code 0x80070520 when trying to set up a mail account...: Get Error Code 0x80004005 and error code 0x80070520 when trying to set up a mail account with the app. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-error-code-0x80004005-and-error-code/18f80b08-5175-4640-aada-1f65869fe890"
  6. No way to import bookmarks?

in Browsers and Email
    No way to import bookmarks?: In the Edge browser is there no way to import bookmarks? They've shown up in Spartan but not this time with 10122. Jim 6281
  7. Problem importing Chrome bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Problem importing Chrome bookmarks: Have tried several times now to import the bookmarks form Chrome to my favourites bar but it just will not do it . The other 10 machines are set but this one will not let me do it - I have installed Chrome to make sure the bookmarks are available but again from settings and...
  8. New mail account set up

in Browsers and Email
    New mail account set up: after my desktop upgraded itself to Windows 10, I've tried to add a bellsouth email account. It wont sync and the error message is 0x8007274c. It says it cannot contact mail.bellsouth.net:110:0. 52229
  9. No way to import bookmarks in Spartan?

in Browsers and Email
    No way to import bookmarks in Spartan?: Can't find an option to import bookmarks in Spartan. Please let me know if I am missing it. Thanks. 7307
  10. Spartan - importing bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Spartan - importing bookmarks: Not too sure what all the fuss is about with new browser & personally, don't really see the point to it being a 'die hard' Firefox user. But I'll give it a go; however, is there a way to import bookmarks from either (or both) IE or Firefox into Spartan? 5152