Windows 10: Trying to initialise new WIndows 10 on new laptop

Discus and support Trying to initialise new WIndows 10 on new laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I bought a new Lenovo Ideapad 330 laptop with Windows 10. I just switched it on for the first time and it's gone through initial set up. We've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DaveCLS, Jan 14, 2019.

1. DaveCLS Win User

Trying to initialise new WIndows 10 on new laptop

Hi, I bought a new Lenovo Ideapad 330 laptop with Windows 10. I just switched it on for the first time and it's gone through initial set up. We've reached the point of setting up an account. I thought I had an account from the past and entered it, but the password wasn't recognised. So I went through a few steps to retry and now I'm in a mess. It's stuck at a blue screen "Verify your identity. How would you like to get your Security code ? It offers an email account I don't recognise, so I chose "I don't have any of these" but it won't do anything else. I can't go backwards or forwards. Is it safe to switch off and start over ?

:)

DaveCLS, Jan 14, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Changing administrator for new windows 10 laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To change the Account type follow the steps.

• Press Windows + X, click on User Accounts.

• Click on change your account type.

• Select standard account.

To delete the account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Select the user account.

• Click on Delete the account.

To create the new user account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Click on Add A new user in PC setting.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 14, 2019
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Trying to initialise new WIndows 10 on new laptop - Similar Threads - Trying initialise laptop

2. Try to make a new pin for new laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Try to make a new pin for new laptop.: I trying to make anew pin a anew laptop to be set up. It will not let me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/try-to-make-a-new-pin-for-new-laptop/b5e6aea1-6caf-4180-a7d2-cecffbacb230
  3. Try to make a new pin for new laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Try to make a new pin for new laptop.: I trying to make anew pin a anew laptop to be set up. It will not let me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/try-to-make-a-new-pin-for-new-laptop/b5e6aea1-6caf-4180-a7d2-cecffbacb230
  4. Cannot initialise new SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot initialise new SSD.: Hello,I have purchased a new SSD and an enclosure so as I can upgrade the SSD C drive in my laptop. When attempting to initialise the disk, I have no option listed in Disk Management:Disk 2 is the enclosure with the new SSD in it. Following other guides on the internet, I...
  5. Cannot initialise new SSD.

Cannot initialise new SSD.: Hello,I have purchased a new SSD and an enclosure so as I can upgrade the SSD C drive in my laptop. When attempting to initialise the disk, I have no option listed in Disk Management:Disk 2 is the enclosure with the new SSD in it. Following other guides on the internet, I...
  6. Cannot initialise new SSD.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. new ssd won't initialise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new ssd won't initialise: i am trying to upgrade my ssd and for that i bought a new ssd and an enclosure to help me clone it but when i connect it to my laptop it recognises it as a removable disk with no volume. it says drive f: is not accessible incorrect function. and i am not getting option to...
  8. new ssd won't initialise

new ssd won't initialise: i am trying to upgrade my ssd and for that i bought a new ssd and an enclosure to help me clone it but when i connect it to my laptop it recognises it as a removable disk with no volume. it says drive f: is not accessible incorrect function. and i am not getting option to...
  9. New SSD not recognised by Win 10 although Initialised

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New SSD not recognised by Win 10 although Initialised: The existing 250 GB SSD on my Trident 3 Arctic gaming pc is full. Have a new Crucial MX5002TB SSD to replace it. When connected to PC with usb/SATA connector it is supposed to detect and download Crucial cloning software. However it is not being recognized by windows and does...
  10. New windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    New windows 10 laptop: During the set-up process the screen got stuck on the user agreement for windows 10 license. It appears zoomed in and so I used the keyboard to pull up the magnifier and it says it’s zoomed out. I can place 4 fingers in the mouse touchpad to bring up the menu but it doesn’t...