Windows 10: Trying to install a PC Game via the DVD drive

Discus and support Trying to install a PC Game via the DVD drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Trying to install a game but the drive will not recognise and play the disk for the auto run to begin.... How can I install the disc?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CraigGreen08, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Trying to install a PC Game via the DVD drive

Trying to install a game but the drive will not recognise and play the disk for the auto run to begin.... How can I install the disc?

:)

CraigGreen08, Nov 7, 2020

2. DVD Games Will not install.

Hi,

For us to better assist you with the issue on your DVD drive, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any changes or updates on your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • Have you tried using other computers or external DVD drives, to check if it reads the DVD game?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Nov 7, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Dvd drive not showing

Is this the HP 15r014tx in your system specs? If so, try the steps in this thread....
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...r/td-p/6186456

It may be that your DVD drive has a hardware failure (as was suggested in that thread).

More HP support and diagnosis suggestions here in their Help pages....
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03370738

Bree, Nov 7, 2020
  4. Trying to install a PC Game via the DVD drive

DVD RW Drive

Hi Julia,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are having a tough time working on the computer.

Please provide us the following information:

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What is the exact\complete error message?
    Step 1: Try updating the DVD\CD-ROM drives from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand DVD\CD-ROM drives .

• Right click on the driver and select
      Update Driver Software.

• Restart the computer.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check and install if there is any latest firmware update for DVD drive from the computer manufacturer.

Hope it helps.

Do update us with the details, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

Trying to install a PC Game via the DVD drive

1. Trying to install a PC Game via the DVD drive - Similar Threads - Trying install Game

2. "access denied" trying to copy win7 DVD to hard drive for install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "access denied" trying to copy win7 DVD to hard drive for install: So I'm trying to install win7 from an external DVD drive and it gives me that error about it "unable to create system partition" so I tried to copy the DVD to the hard drive but it said "access denied". How should I proceed? Thanks...
  3. "access denied" trying to copy win7 DVD to hard drive for install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "access denied" trying to copy win7 DVD to hard drive for install: So I'm trying to install win7 from an external DVD drive and it gives me that error about it "unable to create system partition" so I tried to copy the DVD to the hard drive but it said "access denied". How should I proceed? Thanks...
  4. DVD Installation with no optic drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    DVD Installation with no optic drive: Hi, I accidentally purchased the DVD version of Windows 10 for a new pc build that doesn't have an optical drive. Is it possible to use a serial number or something on this DVD to transfer over to a USB version, or do I need to return the DVD and buy a new license entirely?...
  5. Install DVD games on the PC (WINDOWS 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install DVD games on the PC (WINDOWS 10?: Hi, I wanted to install LS 19 on my PC. I've heard that Windows 10 doesn't support DVD drives and you have to buy the first one. But I am a student and I am happy that I can buy LS 19. Now I wanted to ask can you install the games from the DVD anyway or do I have to buy...
  6. Trying to uninstall "DVD Drive F: Install Kali Linux

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to uninstall "DVD Drive F: Install Kali Linux: Hello I was trying to download kali linux but messed up and installed linux first before the subsystem. I did not go through with the install process but kali linux made a F: disk drive in my computer. I really want to get the kali linux off of my computer but it won't let me...
  7. pc dvd rom game

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pc dvd rom game: Can someone explain to me how to install the pc dvd rom game Terrifying Tales 2 onto my aspire es 15 laptop???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-dvd-rom-game/aa40e59c-0c1d-495d-b366-dc577fcd963b
  8. HP Envy, windows 10 installed. cannot player DVD via USB DVD drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Envy, windows 10 installed. cannot player DVD via USB DVD drive: Windows media player doesn't recognise any DVD in ext player. VLC only produces green bars on screen. DVD works in other equipment https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-windows-10-installed-cannot-player-dvd-via/0cbb8cb6-9bf9-41fe-99a1-ba9f70ef0602
  9. trying to load software via DVD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    trying to load software via DVD: hi, I've just purchased a new Desktop and trying to load Sage software. Error occur SBD/SBDDesktop\sage [Moved from: Windows/ Windows 10 / Licensing & activation]...
  10. installing PC games on different drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing PC games on different drive: I have Windows 7 pro installed and then upgraded to windows 10 with latest updates etc for it. it is installed on C drive like normal. i have another hard drive G that i use to install bunch of PC games ranging from new to old. I noticed that when some of the pc games want to...