Windows 10: Trying to install a program in Win 10, the error message is "An administrator has blocked...

Discus and support Trying to install a program in Win 10, the error message is "An administrator has blocked... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This is on my home computer, I believe I am the administrator, not sure what settings I need to change to allow me to install the program I need.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RickSwenson1, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Trying to install a program in Win 10, the error message is "An administrator has blocked...

This is on my home computer, I believe I am the administrator, not sure what settings I need to change to allow me to install the program I need.

:)

RickSwenson1, Mar 23, 2020
  2. n2bn2b Win User

Error Message when updating from Win-7 to Won-10

Bree
    I followed your suggestions (2nd Aug 19) for installing Win-10. Made the bootable flash drive successfully through the media creation tool. But when I attempted to upgrade and activate to Win-10 (64 bit) from within Win-7 (Pro-32 bit), I got the following error message:

Error # OxC1900101-Ox20017. " The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

I read the diagnostics under this error number and carried out the proposed fixes, i.e. update Win-7, uninstall Malwarebyte antivirus, disconnect all external hardware, e.g. printer, scanner, external hard drives. I then tried to repeat the steps to do the upgrade through the Win-10 bootable flash drive as before. Got the same error message.
    Appreciate any further comments and suggestions as to (a) what does a failure in the SAFE_OS during boot operation mean, (b) what can I do to solve it. Is this anything to do with the hardware in my computer? I listed these in my first posting above.
    Thanks for any help

n2bn2b, Mar 23, 2020
  3. msr3133 Win User
    Installation blocked by administrator

When trying to install the driver software for my printer, I get an error message saying that the file was blocked for my protection by the administrator.

I am using Windows 10.

There is only one account on this computer.

The printer is a HP LaserJet p1102w

I have tried copying the file to my desktop, right click, run as administrator. I got the same error message.

I have not had this problem while installing other programs.

How can I solve this?

Thank you

msr3133, Mar 23, 2020
  4. NGeo Win User

Trying to install a program in Win 10, the error message is "An administrator has blocked...

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

Thema:

Trying to install a program in Win 10, the error message is "An administrator has blocked...

1. Trying to install a program in Win 10, the error message is "An administrator has blocked... - Similar Threads - Trying install program

2. Administrator blocking installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator blocking installation: i am trying to install Data analysis softwares ; stata, Tableau, Arc GIS, yet an error comes that my admimnistrator has blocked my installation. i have already disabled antimalware and antivirus protection. kindly assist...
  3. Can't open settings your system administrator has blocked this program error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open settings your system administrator has blocked this program error: We are using an active directory windows server 2016. Our users are on the domain and we want to provide installation access through standard account without providing the administrator privilege in windows 11. But when we try to access windows settings or any applications in...
  4. Can't open settings your system administrator has blocked this program error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open settings your system administrator has blocked this program error: We are using an active directory windows server 2016. Our users are on the domain and we want to provide installation access through standard account without providing the administrator privilege in windows 11. But when we try to access windows settings or any applications in...
  5. Administrator? blocking my programs!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator? blocking my programs!: I am just setting up my new HP desktop and when I try to load my printer, which I was already using in Windows 10 on my old computer, I get an error message saying that is being blocked by the Administrator. I am they administrator. Also it will not let me run the Optimize...
  6. Your system administrator has blocked this program - NOT FIXED YET!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Your system administrator has blocked this program - NOT FIXED YET!: Hi I have seen many posts similar to my problem but no solution [on-line or elsewhere] has ever worked! I am trying to run a simple batch file in Windows 10 Start-Up, but it will NOT run there BUT it will run from a desktop shortcut. This is a very recent phenomenon -...
  7. legacy program is blocked by administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    legacy program is blocked by administrator: My computer has locked a program that I use all the time. Error displayed is "for your protection an administrator has locked/blocked this program". help is greatly appreciated Kougot...
  8. Administrator has Blocked your account error messages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Administrator has Blocked your account error messages: After an upgrade I found that my printer was uninstalled. When I went to put in the CD and load it I got a small red-outlined message which says an administrator had blocked my access, yet I am the only one on computer. I am the owner and only account on it. So then I went to...
  9. Program blocked when I'm trying to install it

Program blocked when I'm trying to install it: Hey guys! I'm trying to install a program but Windows says the publisher's been blocked. Problem is that there's no button to unlock it. There's just an OK button. Is there a way to go around this? 13738
  10. administrator has blocked

administrator has blocked: Is there any way to work around this besides logging out then login back in as administrator? "An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information, contact the administrator." I did this to log in as administrator. “net user administrator...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. installing software administrator blocked