Windows 10: Trying to install a program on my windows 10 pc from my CD drive

Discus and support Trying to install a program on my windows 10 pc from my CD drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been trying to install a program on my new PC that has windows 10 and nothing happens. I put in the CD and nothing. Thank you RoseMary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RoseBROUSSARD, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Trying to install a program on my windows 10 pc from my CD drive

I have been trying to install a program on my new PC that has windows 10 and nothing happens. I put in the CD and nothing.

Thank you

RoseMary

:)

RoseBROUSSARD, Oct 5, 2018
  2. RLRehm Win User

Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, Oct 5, 2018
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Oct 5, 2018
  4. r.h.p Win User

Trying to install a program on my windows 10 pc from my CD drive

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

Trying to install a program on my windows 10 pc from my CD drive

1. Trying to install a program on my windows 10 pc from my CD drive - Similar Threads - Trying install program

2. My newly-reinstalled Windows 10 PC does not "see" the CD in my CD-ROM drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My newly-reinstalled Windows 10 PC does not "see" the CD in my CD-ROM drive: I recently had to reinstall Windows 10 on my laptop and one of the side effects has been its inability to recognize the CD in my drive. I click on the E:/ drive icon in This PC and it shows me a window telling me "Please insert disc into drive E:.", which I already have. I...
  3. My newly-reinstalled Windows 10 PC does not "see" the CD in my CD-ROM drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My newly-reinstalled Windows 10 PC does not "see" the CD in my CD-ROM drive: I recently had to reinstall Windows 10 on my laptop and one of the side effects has been its inability to recognize the CD in my drive. I click on the E:/ drive icon in This PC and it shows me a window telling me "Please insert disc into drive E:.", which I already have. I...
  4. My newly-reinstalled Windows 10 PC does not "see" the CD in my CD-ROM drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why my pc is not recognizing the portable CD DRIVE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my pc is not recognizing the portable CD DRIVE: my laptop HP ENVY X360 serial number 8CG8464YTL. whenever I plug in my portable cd driveLG-GP10NB20 nothing is showing in file explorePLEASE IS ANYONE CAN HELP ME OUTTHANKS...
  6. Cannot install program from CD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install program from CD: I cannot install a program from my CD. I have this issue with two programs that worked before. I had a hard drive that failed and now reinstalling programs. What is the problem? I have search the internet and tried dome of the other suggestions. Seems to be a new issue as I...
  7. My CD Drive

My CD Drive: I can't see the CD drive in File Explorer. I spent hours trying to find and install it and I did, but 5 min. later it disappeared !!!. I did it again and it disappeared again. I bought a portable DVD writer, installed it and it isn't "alive" either...I can't see it anywhere...
  8. trying to find my cd-rom drive

trying to find my cd-rom drive: Hello. I can see the cd-rom drive on my HP Probook 450G2 but I cannot figure out how to open the drive and play an installation disk needed to set-up a printer? I don't see a cd-rom drive when I go to This PC or when I go to File Explorer\Disk Management. I have a C drive,...
  9. Cannot use my CD drive on Windows 10

Cannot use my CD drive on Windows 10: I have a Lenovo laptop with a CD drive and it's running Windows 10 version 1803. About a week ago, Windows suddenly stopped recognizing my CD drive. I can open the lid and insert a CD, but Windows won't read it. In the Device Manager, it says "A configuration registry node...
  10. Windows 10 not recognizing my cd drive

Windows 10 not recognizing my cd drive: Suddenly today Windows 10 doesn't recognize my CD drive. Help anybody? 49821

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows trying to install programs

2. trying to install a program on cd

3. trying to install windows 10 from a cd

4. windows app says attempting to install on my device but nothing is happening,
  5. windows trying to install program