Windows 10: Trying to install an update and it keeps giving me this error message.

Discus and support Trying to install an update and it keeps giving me this error message. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Never had this issue before. Tried restarting my laptop multiple times, tried to download it a few times.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by W.C. Blitzy, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Trying to install an update and it keeps giving me this error message.

Trying to install an update and it keeps giving me this error message. 1f72a03d-a1c9-4809-b17e-580dc9cc5ef2?upload=true.png

Never had this issue before. Tried restarting my laptop multiple times, tried to download it a few times.

:)

W.C. Blitzy, Mar 11, 2020
  2. Mussels Win User

the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Mar 11, 2020
  3. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Mar 11, 2020
  4. sasha12 Win User

Trying to install an update and it keeps giving me this error message.

Error 80070002 when trying to install update KB939653

Can anyone help. I have Vista Home Premium edition and I am trying to install the important security update for Explorer (KB939653). I get error code 80070002. Nothing seems to work! Please help. thanks

I am also trying to install adobe photoshop and am getting errors regarding my file manifest..interestingly enough....this update (KB...above) includes manifest file updates!

So I think if I can get this update to load...I'll be ok...

On phone with Microsoft for several DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing!

I'm going to start drinking

sasha12, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

Trying to install an update and it keeps giving me this error message.

1. Trying to install an update and it keeps giving me this error message. - Similar Threads - Trying install update

2. Error Message when trying to give consent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Message when trying to give consent: Team, I am trying to provide consent for my son's account. I am getting the error: Something's not working It's not you, it's us.I think perhaps I selected USA for my son's account when setting it up, and my account as parent has a different country.that said, I was chatting...
  3. Error Message when trying to give consent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Message when trying to give consent: Team, I am trying to provide consent for my son's account. I am getting the error: Something's not working It's not you, it's us.I think perhaps I selected USA for my son's account when setting it up, and my account as parent has a different country.that said, I was chatting...
  4. Try to update but it keeps giving me the error. Please help. Thank you.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Try to update but it keeps giving me the error. Please help. Thank you.: Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - Extension - 10.0.200.40Install error - 0x80070103Intel Corporation - Extension - 30.0.101.2079Install error - 0x80070103Sound Research Corp. - Extension - 16.40.18.897Install error - 0x80070103Intel Corporation - Extension - 30.0.101.1191Install...
  5. Try to update but it keeps giving me the error. Please help. Thank you.

Try to update but it keeps giving me the error. Please help. Thank you.: Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - Extension - 10.0.200.40Install error - 0x80070103Intel Corporation - Extension - 30.0.101.2079Install error - 0x80070103Sound Research Corp. - Extension - 16.40.18.897Install error - 0x80070103Intel Corporation - Extension - 30.0.101.1191Install...
  6. every time i try to install update keeps giving me Error encountered

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    every time i try to install update keeps giving me Error encountered: i tried to download 2021-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems KB5003173and after finishing installing a msg pops up There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or...
  7. Printer giving me an error message

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer giving me an error message: I have a Brother HL-L2390DW laser printer. It was working fine but after a Windows 10 Update, it is not printing anymore. Everything shows as printer working and connected but no printing. Please advise asap....
  8. nahimic keeps giving me a message at start up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    nahimic keeps giving me a message at start up: when i log on, nahimic keeps on saying "give us a minute, we are updating", how do i stop this message?, is it important to keep nahimic, as i am using windows 10 home 2004...
  9. Installings gives me an error message

Installings gives me an error message: Whenever I try to install an app I get the follow error message. It just apps. "Operation did not complete successfuly because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software" Would disabling windows defender fix this? I just use malwarebytes anyway. Don't like...
  10. Password Reset Wizard keeps giving me an error message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Reset Wizard keeps giving me an error message: So I'm trying to use the password reset wizard and I used my laptop to make the disc, but when I try and use it on my PC it gives me the error message, "An error occurred while the wizard was attempting to set the password for this user account". I don't know what to do....