Windows 10: Trying To Install Anything In The Microsoft Store And Get An Error

Discus and support Trying To Install Anything In The Microsoft Store And Get An Error in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, Today I bought Minecraft win10 and tried to download it but it wont work. I've tried to retry the download multiple times but every time I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by valphav1, Feb 28, 2021.

1. valphav1 Win User

Trying To Install Anything In The Microsoft Store And Get An Error

Hello,

Today I bought Minecraft win10 and tried to download it but it wont work. I've tried to retry the download multiple times but every time I just get an error I have also tried downloading some of my games I have already owned and they wouldn't work either I've tried everything I've seen on google and I have found nothing that works.

It gives me the error code: 0x80072F8F

So I looked up that error code and have tried every possible thing I have seen and nothing has worked out for me.

I hope someone can help me with this because I have been trying for hours on end trying everything and have been unsuccessful in figuring out what is wrong Trying To Install Anything In The Microsoft Store And Get An Error 30d15a1e-c278-4b4b-bf8c-2be12d6d9347?upload=true.png

:)

valphav1, Feb 28, 2021

2. Minecraft installation in Microsoft store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install Minecraft in Microsoft Store. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft antivirus program installed?
    • Does this issue occur for all games & apps from the store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?
    • Do you get any error message or code?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install the game.

Step 1: Reset the Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: If you have any non-Microsoft security/antivirus software installed, disable it temporarily and then try installing the game.

Step 4: If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to

create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 28, 2021
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Error with Microsoft Store

Hi RafayShabbir,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community.

Let me make it up to you by giving you the best resolution for your concern with your Microsoft store.

Step 1: Reset the Microsoft Store cache

• Press Win + S. This will open Windows search bar.
    • Type “cmd”, and then simultaneously press “Ctrl+Shift+Enter key”.
    • Click on the Yes button.
    • Then type in “Wsreset” and press Enter key for the command to execute.
    Step 2: Run app troubleshooter

• In the search box, type troubleshooting.
    • Click on view all and select Windows store app troubleshooter.
    • Click next and follow the instruction.

Note: Once after the inbuilt
    troubleshooter complete, I suggest you to restart the computer.

Steps 3: Install Windows update

• Press Windows key from the keyboard and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Please let us know if the issue persists.

Hope it helps,

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Feb 28, 2021
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Uninstalled apps stuck "installing" in Microsoft Store (MSN News)

Hi Will,

A corrupted Microsoft Store cache is one of the possible reasons why some apps are stuck in an "installing phase" when you try to uninstall them. We suggest that you try running the
    Windows App troubleshooter to troubleshoot the issue.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store cache. You can follow the steps below to reset the Microsoft Store cache:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the run
      command
      box.
    • Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft Store and sign in.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Trying To Install Anything In The Microsoft Store And Get An Error - Similar Threads - Trying Install Anything

2. I keep getting Error Code: 0x80070005 whenever i try to install anything on the Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I keep getting Error Code: 0x80070005 whenever i try to install anything on the Microsoft Store: I'm unable to install much if anything on the Microsoft Store, I've been trying to install Gaming Services for a few days now but the install keeps failing, the same happens when I try to install anything else. I've tried repairing the Microsoft store, I've tried resetting...
  3. I keep getting Error Code: 0x80070005 whenever i try to install anything on the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting Error Code: 0x80070005 whenever i try to install anything on the Microsoft Store: I'm unable to install much if anything on the Microsoft Store, I've been trying to install Gaming Services for a few days now but the install keeps failing, the same happens when I try to install anything else. I've tried repairing the Microsoft store, I've tried resetting...
  4. I keep getting Error Code: 0x80070005 whenever i try to install anything on the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't get, buy or install anything on the Microsoft Store and I've tried everything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get, buy or install anything on the Microsoft Store and I've tried everything.: This is an image when trying to get something, and when I try to install the button is just greyed out and doesn't do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-get-buy-or-install-anything-on-the/96bfffd5-578a-4fba-9ebb-58f0034ccef0
  6. I can't get, buy or install anything on the Microsoft Store and I've tried everything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't get, buy or install anything on the Microsoft Store and I've tried everything.: This is an image when trying to get something, and when I try to install the button is just greyed out and doesn't do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-get-buy-or-install-anything-on-the/96bfffd5-578a-4fba-9ebb-58f0034ccef0
  7. Microsoft Store not installing anything.

Microsoft Store not installing anything.: My Microsoft store is not installing anything. It either tells me that I already own the app, or starts downloading but the progress bar does not move at all. I have tried all the solutions listed in this post:...
  8. Error 0x803FB107. Microsoft store will not install anything.

Error 0x803FB107. Microsoft store will not install anything.: I have had this problem twice in 6 months. I've reported errors and have gone online and tried almost everything to try to fix this. I am honestly clueless as to what the problem is now. I've tried to install apps, games, and even themes; the store always comes up with the...
  9. Microsoft store will not install anything.

Microsoft store will not install anything.: My Microsoft store was working fine until yesterday and since then I have not been able to download anything or install anything from the Microsoft Store. I have created another user account on the PC and on this one the store works correctly as it should do. I have no idea...
  10. Microsoft Store Not Installing Anything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Store Not Installing Anything: My PC is on the latest OS updates and I own the game pass for the Microsoft store, despite the games having the play anywhere feature, they fail to download/install whenever i try to. Gives the message "Couldn't Install, We'll try again shortly" repeatedly until I cancel the...