Windows 10: Trying to install Back 4 Blood on my laptop/external drive but no matter what do I just get...

Discus and support Trying to install Back 4 Blood on my laptop/external drive but no matter what do I just get... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've tried a bunch of guides and fixes on youtube and other websites but I've been on this for hours. All the other games download just fine and dandy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Toosooky, Oct 27, 2021.

1. Toosooky Win User

Trying to install Back 4 Blood on my laptop/external drive but no matter what do I just get...

I've tried a bunch of guides and fixes on youtube and other websites but I've been on this for hours. All the other games download just fine and dandy but not this goddamn game in particular for some reason.

:)

Toosooky, Oct 27, 2021

2. trying to install 7 w/o optical drive or USB drive (do have an external hdd)

This method is going to be trial/error on my part but here's my stab at it:

Use the guide he linked. Substitute in step 4, DO NOT FORMAT. Pre-format the hard drive with another PC/current windows install in NTFS format, then create 2 partitions. 1 to install from and one to install to. So in step 4 I beleive all you would have to do is a "clean" "select partition XX" & "active" command.

In step 5, use virtual CD/DVD software.

EDIT:

The only problem I see with above is how are you going to install while booting? Meaning, for it to boot wouldn't you have to be external but yet must install to an internal drive?

JrRacinFan, Oct 27, 2021
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Oct 27, 2021
  4. Trying to install Back 4 Blood on my laptop/external drive but no matter what do I just get...

External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Oct 27, 2021
Thema:

Trying to install Back 4 Blood on my laptop/external drive but no matter what do I just get...

1. Trying to install Back 4 Blood on my laptop/external drive but no matter what do I just get... - Similar Threads - Trying install Blood

2. I just bought a new external drive, but my laptop won't let me use it no matter what I do?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I just bought a new external drive, but my laptop won't let me use it no matter what I do?: I made sure I bought a drive that was compatible with my laptop, I did plenty of research beforehand. It keeps telling me the drive name is invalid and that my drive is inaccessible. I'm not sure what to do to make it work. I've tried restarting my computer, changing the...
  3. I just bought a new external drive, but my laptop won't let me use it no matter what I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just bought a new external drive, but my laptop won't let me use it no matter what I do?: I made sure I bought a drive that was compatible with my laptop, I did plenty of research beforehand. It keeps telling me the drive name is invalid and that my drive is inaccessible. I'm not sure what to do to make it work. I've tried restarting my computer, changing the...
  4. I just bought a new external drive, but my laptop won't let me use it no matter what I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I forgot my password and i cant get back in no matter what i try

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my password and i cant get back in no matter what i try: I have trouble with memory big time so i forgot my password but every single time i enter a new form it gets automatically denied. I dont even use the email i just need to verify a account linked to the email....
  6. Trying to install Back 4 Blood on my laptop/external drive but no matter what do I just get...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to install Back 4 Blood on my laptop/external drive but no matter what do I just get...: I've tried a bunch of guides and fixes on youtube and other websites but I've been on this for hours. All the other games download just fine and dandy but not this goddamn game in particular for some reason....
  7. Unable to remove/reinstall back 4 blood

Unable to remove/reinstall back 4 blood: I have been trying to download and install back 4 blood for a while now and i keep getting errorcode 0x8007007E. i have tried running windows update troubleshooter, resetting microsfot store cache, resetting microsoft store in settings, running a commandprompt with DISM...
  8. Back 4 Blood won't continue download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Back 4 Blood won't continue download: I started to try and download Back 4 Blood and it get to about 15.40gb specifically and wont download any further so how do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-4-blood-wont-continue-download/16ff1cf3-8d49-4a69-815a-f210858df35e
  9. Error 0x800700e9 while trying to install Back 4 Blood in Xbox app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x800700e9 while trying to install Back 4 Blood in Xbox app.: Been having issues with my Win11 install today, first my Windows Update was disabled and access was denied to edit it back to automatic, I finally managed to fix that. Now im trying to install Back 4 Blood via Game pass and turns out now my Gaming Services were missing too,...
  10. Error 0x800700e9 while trying to install Back 4 Blood in Xbox app.

Error 0x800700e9 while trying to install Back 4 Blood in Xbox app.: Been having issues with my Win11 install today, first my Windows Update was disabled and access was denied to edit it back to automatic, I finally managed to fix that. Now im trying to install Back 4 Blood via Game pass and turns out now my Gaming Services were missing too,...