Windows 10: Trying to install Bash on Windows 10

Discus and support Trying to install Bash on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This is the up to date Windows 10. I got as far with the BASH installation as clicking on the Bash icon waiting to be asked if I want to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Peborgh, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Peborgh Win User

Trying to install Bash on Windows 10

This is the up to date Windows 10.

I got as far with the BASH installation as clicking on the Bash icon waiting to be asked if I want to install Ubuntu. A black window appears and promptly vanishes before doing anything useful.

Help!

Thankyou

peter

:)

Peborgh, Apr 7, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 7, 2021
  3. windows 10 anniversary update: bash missing

Have you tried the steps listed here? Scroll down to "Run native Bash on Ubuntu on Windows" (you can ignore the fact that it's for an Insider Preview build; the steps are the same).

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14316

me15prg9926, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Trying to install Bash on Windows 10

Bash on Windows

I have the Bash shell setup on Windows 10 latest build and I have forgotten the sudo password how can I recover this and if needed how do I uninstall the bash shell as it is not listed in the remove programs list. I am not sure of the placement of this
    question so I posted it here. Please advise.

CyberVulcan X, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Trying to install Bash on Windows 10

1. Trying to install Bash on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Trying install Bash

2. BASH command not found on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    BASH command not found on Windows 10: So, when I try to use the bash command on cmd or PowerShell, I get errors saying that there is no such thing. bash : The term 'bash' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was...
  3. Bingo bash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bingo bash: Keeps kicking me out of game up to three times why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bingo-bash/1e5dd1e5-4424-4ab0-bc5b-ab9274638382
  4. Bash Shell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bash Shell: Hi, I am using windows 10 Home on HP Laptop. I want to work with Linux Bash shell I tried to follow the link below https://www.windowscentral.com/how-install-bash-shell-command-line-windows-10. I could complete till number 12 beyond that it did not work. Request...
  5. Bash Opening and then closing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bash Opening and then closing in Windows 10: I have followed the instructions to get Bash working in my new computer but it fails. I turned on the Developer option and added Windows option for Linux but it doesn't work. Bash comes up and says :press any key to continue" and when I do it immediately closes. I have...
  6. Installing Ubuntu bash on Windows 10 anniversary update

Installing Ubuntu bash on Windows 10 anniversary update: I have a Windows 10 laptop which has the Anniversary update.I want to install the Ubuntu bash on it.I am on metered connection so I don't wanna upgrade from Anniversary update to fall creator update right now.I saw many sites that i need to turn on devloper mode in update...
  7. Installing Ubuntu bash on Windows 10 anniversary update

Installing Ubuntu bash on Windows 10 anniversary update: I have a Windows 10 laptop which has the Anniversary update.I want to install the Ubuntu bash on it.I am on metered connection so I don't wanna upgrade from Anniversary update to fall creator update right now.I saw many sites that i need to turn on devloper mode in update...
  8. Installing and Running BASH on Windows 10 (Build 14316)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing and Running BASH on Windows 10 (Build 14316): So I went ahead and installed BASH to see if it will be of any use to me as as Linux and Raspberry Pi enthusiast. It's very easy. First, make sure that "Developer Mode" is enabled under Settings>>>Update & Security>>>For Developers [img] Then go to Turn...
  9. Has anybody tried out the new bash already

in Windows 10 Support
    Has anybody tried out the new bash already: I'm curious, has anybody already plaid with the new Linux subsystem (bash)? I don't know about you but I love it. Finally I can use the powerful commands of Linux to create folders, files etc. For me that alone is worth the update. 58625
  10. November 2016 Windows 10 Bug Bash

in Windows 10 News
    November 2016 Windows 10 Bug Bash: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, This is Michael Fortin, Corporate VP for Windows and Device Core Quality. We would like to welcome you, our Windows Insiders, to the November 2016 Windows 10 Bug Bash. Today we start the Bug Bash both...