Windows 10: Trying to Install Epson V30 Scanner Driver But Keeps Trying to Setup/Download Unrelated App

Discus and support Trying to Install Epson V30 Scanner Driver But Keeps Trying to Setup/Download Unrelated App in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I got a scanner the other day. Went to Epson's official website to download the driver. I run it, and it keeps trying to install/open an app called... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DanielRoberts, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Trying to Install Epson V30 Scanner Driver But Keeps Trying to Setup/Download Unrelated App

So I got a scanner the other day. Went to Epson's official website to download the driver. I run it, and it keeps trying to install/open an app called "UnderCover XP". It just says "Welcome to the Undercover XP Setup Tool", and I just hit cancel as that's not what I'm trying to install.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

:)

DanielRoberts, Jan 10, 2021

2. Epson V30 no longer in Printers/scanners

I have Windows 10 but my Epson V30 scanner/copier no longer appears in "printers/scanners" although listed in system as recently added.

Checked all connections.

Tried repairing with disc.

Tried uninstalling & reloading with disc.

Tried again repairing with disc.

Downloaded new driver from Epson.

How can I get this working again?

veryconfusedscanner, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Oneb1t Win User
    Epson scanner v30 not working with Windows 10

For anyone interested, I was having the same problem with my Epson CX11NF laser and these are the steps I took to resolve it:

1. Uninstall Epson Printer Driver and Epson Scan using Control Panel.

2. Disconnect USB cable from printer (mine was on a network connection and I did not disconnect).

3. Reboot

4. Download current driver and scan software (separately) from Epson website

5. Do not let Windows install printer for you, first install the driver from the Epson website.

6. A window should open asking you to connect your USB cable (printer should be on). For me, I chose manual setting and selected network TCP/IP address.

7. Click Start Menu and go to All Apps. Scroll down to Epson scan settings and click. You may need to add your printer here if not detected: Choose Local (if USB) or Network. Then Add (for me, I just entered the TCP/IP address of the Network printer).

It is possible that for some the last step is all that is necessary; although I didn't try it, you could start by opening Epson Scan Settings, deleting the current scanner, then adding back your printer/scanner.

I hope you find this helpful - it worked for me.

Oneb1t, Jan 10, 2021
  4. ViNgWN Win User

Trying to Install Epson V30 Scanner Driver But Keeps Trying to Setup/Download Unrelated App

Can't install Epson Scanner Driver on Windows 10

Hi,

I have an HP Envy, Windows 10. I got a new Epson v550 Scanner and have been having trouble with the initial driver installation.

• I uninstalled all the new epson package software that was loaded and deleted anything else that had epson in it or v550. I also went into the twain folder and removed the folder that it had put in there. I used CCleaner to remove anything else remaining
      in the registry.
    • I downloaded the driver update from the epson website and try to install as a regular user and as administrator but that did not work.
    • I tried calling Epson and they had me download via Internet Explorer instead of CHrome and this did not work either. They also had me stopped and restarted WIA. Then they said it was a Microsoft problem.
    • I tried doing command prompt as administrator and sfc /scannow and this did not work either
    • I called Microsoft and they said that this was an Epson problem
    • I tried to Disable Signature verification by doing Shift+Shutdown
    • I tried installing the driver by plugging in the scanner, going into Device Manager, selecting the scanner (which showed up under "Other" with a yellow triangle), and selecting "Update driver".
    • None of these have worked. Right now the error messages that I have been getting are Epson Scan Setup: "error occurred during setup. Restart computer then try again." and "system could not allocate the required space in a registry log"
    Just out of curiousity, I tried to see if I could install the drivers for ANY of the Epson drivers off the website and I actually can't. I get "an error occurred during setup. restart your computer and try again." As a result, I cannot get my scanner to
    work. Can anyone help me?

ViNgWN, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Trying to Install Epson V30 Scanner Driver But Keeps Trying to Setup/Download Unrelated App

1. Trying to Install Epson V30 Scanner Driver But Keeps Trying to Setup/Download Unrelated App - Similar Threads - Trying Install Epson

2. Cannot install driver for my Epson V550 Scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install driver for my Epson V550 Scanner: I am trying to re-install driver for my Epson V550 Scanner. I located the V550 driver in Epson website, but when I try to install, I get a popup from MSoft telling me I must get driver from MS Store! When I try to install MS recommended Scanner from Store, it will not...
  3. Cannot install driver for my Epson V550 Scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install driver for my Epson V550 Scanner: I am trying to re-install driver for my Epson V550 Scanner. I located the V550 driver in Epson website, but when I try to install, I get a popup from MSoft telling me I must get driver from MS Store! When I try to install MS recommended Scanner from Store, it will not...
  4. Driver for Epson ES-200 Scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver for Epson ES-200 Scanner: I am using a Lenovo 5G WIndows 11 ARM64 machine and I am not able to download the driver because I get an error message while installing the provided driver. Is there a driver that would work with an Epson ES-200 scanner for an ARM64 windows 11 machine?...
  5. Trying to Install a Driver for a Scanner I Got, But It Keeps Opening Up an Installation...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to Install a Driver for a Scanner I Got, But It Keeps Opening Up an Installation...: So, I got a used scanner the other day. Upon plugging it in, I had to go and download a driver for it. I did so via Epson's main website, and when I open and run it, it just opens up an Install Wizard window for an app (Undercover XP) that I no longer use or is installed any...
  6. Epson Perfection V33 scanner installation& drivers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Epson Perfection V33 scanner installation& drivers: need to reinstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-perfection-v33-scanner-installation-drivers/27d1fd9a-1576-42dd-939f-651e4b34e586
  7. Trying to install printer driver for Epson XP-342

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trying to install printer driver for Epson XP-342: I've downloaded the installation software from the Epson site. When I run the Utility Setup, I get as far as "Checking currently installed printer drivers", and then the software "fails to respond." How can I get past this impasse?...
  8. Epson V30 no longer in Printers/scanners

Epson V30 no longer in Printers/scanners: I have Windows 10 but my Epson V30 scanner/copier no longer appears in "printers/scanners" although listed in system as recently added. Checked all connections. Tried repairing with disc. Tried uninstalling & reloading with disc. Tried again repairing with disc....
  9. optispeed - keeps trying to install - not intentionally downloaded?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    optispeed - keeps trying to install - not intentionally downloaded?: Hello. Something called optispeed keeps trying to d/l itself onto my pc. The only thing I have recently d/l has been mwb3 which has installed perfectly and is working fine. I suspect optispeed was attached when viewing another site and was part of an advertisement....
  10. Epson Perfection Scanner 2480 driver

Epson Perfection Scanner 2480 driver: Hope this may be of help to someone.*Smile The following file/driver enabled me to run a 2480 scanner [paid £3 for at a car-boot] in windows 10 64bit Epson Perfection 24803.0u It is Version 3.0u Make sure you remove all previous drivers for the scanner, then...