Windows 10: Trying to install games from Microsoft Store on Windows 10

Discus and support Trying to install games from Microsoft Store on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I had Astroneer installed on my computer and logged on today to play the 1.0 release only to find it wasn't updated. So I tried to find a way to update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TheSauce05, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Trying to install games from Microsoft Store on Windows 10

I had Astroneer installed on my computer and logged on today to play the 1.0 release only to find it wasn't updated. So I tried to find a way to update it through the store, however, was unable to do so. Then I thought I would uninstall the game and reinstall it to get the latest version, except now I can't install it at all. My PC is updated with the latest updates and I've tried several suggestions on clearing the store cache to no avail. When I click install in the store it does absolutely nothing. No messages, nothing in the pending downloads, nothing. Is this a known issue, or is there something I need to do?

:)

TheSauce05, Feb 10, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Install Microsoft Store Game In Specific Folder

Hi,

I understand that you want to organize your Windows 10 storage location. However, the feature you're looking for is currently not possible. We suggest sending feedback to Microsoft using Feedback Hub app. You can visit this
    article to know more details about it.

Moreover, you could always choose a preferred location from the Store settings, or move installed content to a different drive. In case you have the OS installed on an SSD and have a dedicated drive for games, the feature will make it more convenient to
    download games to a dedicated drive before initiating the download.

You can follow the steps below on how to install Windows Store apps on a separate drive:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on System.
    3. Click on Storage.
    4. Under "Save locations," and on "New apps will save to," select the new drive location.

Once you completed the steps, new apps you download from the Windows Store will now install automatically in the new location.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Michelle Vil, Feb 10, 2019
  4. CK011885 Win User

Trying to install games from Microsoft Store on Windows 10

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Trying to install games from Microsoft Store on Windows 10

1. Trying to install games from Microsoft Store on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Trying install games

2. Games From The Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games From The Microsoft Store: So ANY game i download and install from the store does the same thing, gets to the main menu and wont let me get past press start...I press start and it flashes but just stays there. ive updated windows fully, updated the store, every other game including games from steam,...
  3. Microsoft Store not installing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store not installing games: So, I bought Sea of Thieves on the Microsoft Store and besides my best efforts to install the game and doing all of the helpful methods on this site. It just wont install. T spoke to some of Technical team one emailed me another method to try which i did to a T and still no...
  4. Apps and Games will not install from Store

Apps and Games will not install from Store: apps and games download from store but fails when trying to install. I get error 0x80007005. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-and-games-will-not-install-from-store/c2b6b291-ec8b-4eee-8007-bffc99f99ac9
  5. I cant install any games from the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant install any games from the Microsoft Store: I bought the xbox game pass, but I can't download any games. When I see the catalog from my internet browser, it says that the game is available to download because it is in the pack, but then it takes me to the Microsoft Store app and there the only thing I can do is write a...
  6. Issues Installing Microsoft Casual Games from Windows Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Issues Installing Microsoft Casual Games from Windows Store: I recently purchased a new HP laptop and have been encountering problems trying to install some Microsoft Casual Games, such as Microsoft Mahjong. When I click to install, an error message appears while the installation is trying to acquire the license. The message appears...
  7. I installed a game from the Microsoft Store, tried to transfer it to another hard drive,...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I installed a game from the Microsoft Store, tried to transfer it to another hard drive,...: I downloaded Sea Of Thieves onto my secondary hard drive and it was running really slow. So I made space on my SSD and tried to transfer it over using the Move command in the Settings panel.. My computer crashed half way through the transfer and now I can't resume the...
  8. I have bought a compatible Game from Microsoft Store, however when trying to install it I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have bought a compatible Game from Microsoft Store, however when trying to install it I...: I have bought Minecraft game for my kids after I reviewed the System Requirements which showed "This product should work on this device" message on my Windows 10 Pro device. After purchasing the game and trying to install it I get this error message and I am not able to...
  9. Issues with microsoft Store and game installs

Issues with microsoft Store and game installs: Hello, Ive been having an issue, specifically with Sea of Thieves, i install it, play it and once ive left my computer and restarted it another day, the app has encountered an error and needs re-installed, unlike steam which normally has a verify option i need to fully...
  10. Microsoft games from the game store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft games from the game store: After the update of whatever happened, I can't open any of my games on my computer. I play and paid for Microsoft solitaire collection, and every time I click to open it, it goes to a black screen. Yes, I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it 18 times, still nothing? help?...