Windows 10: Trying to install Gears 5 but failing to install "Gaming Service"

Discus and support Trying to install Gears 5 but failing to install "Gaming Service" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; First off, i find this problem unacceptable, this shouldn't be happening in the first place and as a HUGE company Microsoft should have had this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Thomas Tramp, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Trying to install Gears 5 but failing to install "Gaming Service"

First off, i find this problem unacceptable, this shouldn't be happening in the first place and as a HUGE company Microsoft should have had this already under wraps. The reason im so critical is because they advertise crossplateform games but this seems to be a common issue.

What i have done so far:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-beta-installer-stuck/e6747485-6ec3-45f4-9e6d-687859bf30de
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_store/gaming-services-not-installing/4ccc2857-5b23-4b0a-aeb5-82602152b125

Main Issue: Gaming Service will not install and has error code 0x0~ so on. I have admin rights during this install but it will down install correctly, just error.

Secondary Issue: im just trying to play Gears 5 but this **** is a mess.

:)

Thomas Tramp, Apr 16, 2021
  2. RapidRolo Win User

Gaming services not installing

When I installed Gears 5 My computer stopped recognising Gaming services as installed so it would take me to its page on the Microsoft store so i followed this:

Try reinstalling gaming services. To do this:

• Launch powershell as an administrator and enter “get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers”
    • In the same powershell window, enter “start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN”
    • Install the app on that page, including accepting the UAC prompt when shown.
    • Try installing the game again.

However, when the download hits 130kbs it doesn't go any further and i was wondering how to fix this.

RapidRolo, Apr 16, 2021
  3. Gears 5 / Gaming Service App install issues

Well the good news is that Gears V and Gaming service are both installed.

The bad news is that when I launch Gears V it pops up with the small loading window and then nothing else happens.

Progress.

Warri0r man, Apr 16, 2021
  4. Trying to install Gears 5 but failing to install "Gaming Service"

Gears 5 won't open. Re-directs to "Gaming Services"App

After successfully playing Gears 5 through the Windows Store (with Game Pass subscription) for a number of days, the game stopped launching. When trying to launch it, I am redirected to a Windows Store page for "Gaming Services", something it says I already
    have installed. This is true if I try to launch the game from the start menu, or from the store page for Gears 5 itself. Trying to launch Gears 5 from my list of "Installed" apps on the Windows Store does nothing.

I have tried resetting the app a number of times, in addition to signing out and back into my windows store account associated with the game pass subscription.

One snag I may be causing here is that my primary PC account is different from my Xbox Live / Windows Store account I am using to play. I have not however seen any postings similar to this issue online after many searches, and I'm unsure how to address this
    issue if thats the case.

Thank you!

coolgames456, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

Trying to install Gears 5 but failing to install "Gaming Service"

1. Trying to install Gears 5 but failing to install "Gaming Service" - Similar Threads - Trying install Gears

2. Gears 5 won't install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears 5 won't install: I have updated Windows 10, reinstalled the Gaming Services app, have restarted my computer more times than I can remember and tried every other troubleshooting recommendation out there I could find, but Gears 5 still will not install on my PC. Any new ideas?...
  3. Error 0x80070490 when trying to install Gears 5

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error 0x80070490 when trying to install Gears 5: I changed C Drives recently, which caused me to have to uninstall Gears 5 and Halo Wars 2. However, Halo Wars 2 reinstalled fine, but whenever I tried to reinstall Gears 5, I get an error code 0x80070490. I've turned off my antivirus, run sfc and dism, and reinstalled...
  4. Gears 5 Installation Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears 5 Installation Issues: Hello, I recently redeemed a 'Gear 5 and bonus Gears of War 4' bundle in the Microsoft Store with a code a purchased online. When installing, the bundle only installs Gears of War 4, but not Gears 5, and there is no option for me to install just Gears 5. This is my first...
  5. Gears 5 Install-Error Try again later

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears 5 Install-Error Try again later: Hi Community, I always receive the "Try again later Something happened on our End"-Error. I already reset The Win-Store, Re-register all apps. Gears of War 1 Ultimate work perfectly without any errors. Error appear since 2 Weeks. First day Gears5 works smooth, next day...
  6. Can't play Gears 5 after install

Can't play Gears 5 after install: I installed Gears 5 from the store, I had to change the install location of windows store apps because my boot drive is not big enough. The game launched, but closed after a pop up that stated something about the game needing an update. The update never started...
  7. Gears 5 / Gaming Service App install issues

Gears 5 / Gaming Service App install issues: I have browsed the other threads on this, and have even created my own, but nothing so far has worked. My issue started on the 7th, when I tried to launch Gears V. Nothing happened. Opened task manager and saw that a windows app named Gaming Service was running 3x in the...
  8. Microsoft store Gears 5 Installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store Gears 5 Installation: Hi, I had no issues installing Gears of War 5 via Gamepass to my PC, and once it got to about 66% i had to shut off my pc with the intention of resuming installation the next day, however it just says that the game is installed, but when launching the game, it displays only...
  9. Gears of War 5 will not finish installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears of War 5 will not finish installation: [ATTACH]On the windows store it does not give me an option to continue installation. [ATTACH] But as you can see on the main menu of the game it is stuck at 86%. There is nothing showing me progress of it installing anywhere, nor can i find an option on the game UI to...
  10. Cant install gears 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant install gears 5: im on the 1903 update on the xbox beta app and when i try to preload the game it says i need to free up space. Everything else has downloaded to my e drive with over 1tb of free space just fine but gears wants to download to my c drive which doesnt have the room for it and i...