Windows 10: Trying to install Minecraft but asks for computer serial number

Discus and support Trying to install Minecraft but asks for computer serial number in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I know this question has been asked a lot but I have yet to see it actually answered. My son has a custom built PC for gaming. We purchased... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JustinAsh2, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Trying to install Minecraft but asks for computer serial number

I know this question has been asked a lot but I have yet to see it actually answered.

My son has a custom built PC for gaming. We purchased Minecraft from the Microsoft store and when it asks where to install it, the PC is not listed because it has no serial number. The system shows in Microsoft My Devices but does not show a serial number. It is an Asus board and I have the serial number off if it but I cannot add it.

Please help!!!

Trying to install Minecraft but asks for computer serial number b7cc6a12-99b8-4e50-9942-c4597e8ce6ed?upload=true.jpg

:)

JustinAsh2, Feb 18, 2021

2. Windows 10 serial on OEM

So I'll summarize steps made...

1. Saved serial number (taken with Belarc Advisory) from preinstalled (half chinese language) Windows 8.1 (don't know exactly the version, suspect Windows 8.1 with bing) on tablet
    2. Formatted tablet
    3. Tried to make a clean Windows 10 (HOME, HOME N and also PRO, everytime with the same result) install with ISO taken with MediaCreationTool, during install (and also after completing installation) it says that the saved serial is not valid
    4. Tried to reinstall Windows 8.1 (ISO taken with MediaCreationTool again) HOME, it says that the serial is not valid

So i suspect that the saved serial, is from a WINDOWS 8.1 WITH BING OEM version and this kind of ISO is not accessible/downloadable anywhere (at least I can't find it, any suggestion?)

Still not tried SHOWKEY with that serial, I am in office now, and the serial is saved on a usb pen at home, will try this evening.

So I'm stucked but if everything is like I suspect, it's incredible. If I have a tablet/notebook/netbook with Windows 8 preinstalled, it seems that I can update to Windows 10 without problems, but if I want to make a clean Windows 10 install that serial is not valid...

CapitanCatarro, Feb 18, 2021
  3. Barman58 Win User
    Homegroup For Minecraft Servers Or What?

It looks as if the existing minecraft server will use the new system without modification - It needs to be able to access the computers on the network in a two way link, which is the standard for Workgroup and Homegroup

There is a complete step by step available, if you have any issues ...

Tutorials/Setting up a server – Official Minecraft Wiki

It's not something I have any direct experience with but a quick read suggests to me that you will not need to do Much if any reconfiguration of the existing server

Barman58, Feb 18, 2021
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Trying to install Minecraft but asks for computer serial number

Computer Serial Number

HP needs the serial number to identify your computer (and determine whether it's still under warranty) but neither HP nor anyone else can access your computer just by knowing its serial number.

BulldogXX, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

Trying to install Minecraft but asks for computer serial number

1. Trying to install Minecraft but asks for computer serial number - Similar Threads - Trying install Minecraft

2. serial number?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    serial number?: My laptop has burned and I can't access it. How can I get my serial number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/serial-number/7195148e-b721-4d0d-8153-ae3cd7d7a609
  3. serial number?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    serial number?: My laptop has burned and I can't access it. How can I get my serial number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/serial-number/7195148e-b721-4d0d-8153-ae3cd7d7a609
  4. serial number?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Installing Minecraft on a custom built desktop that does not have a serial number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Minecraft on a custom built desktop that does not have a serial number: I am not able to install Minecraft on an older custom built desktop that does not have a serial number. I also have a store bought laptop and have successfully been able to install Minecraft. I first registered the laptop in my microsoft account as one of my devices. And then...
  6. Installing Minecraft on a custom built desktop that does not have a serial number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Minecraft on a custom built desktop that does not have a serial number: I am not able to install Minecraft on an older custom built desktop that does not have a serial number. I also have a store bought laptop and have successfully been able to install Minecraft. I first registered the laptop in my microsoft account as one of my devices. And then...
  7. Computer make -model name - serial number

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer make -model name - serial number: Hi All helpers and Microsoft employees To better serve the End-Users, is it possible to tell them on the top of the forum to always leave those information when they ask for help? To me those information can help to find quickly a solution. What do you think? Regards,...
  8. Computer Serial Number

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer Serial Number: Is it safe to put my computer serial number into the Microsoft help app or the HP support. I don't want anybody to get onto my computer. I already put my serial number into the HP support site that came with my computer....
  9. TRACKING WITH SERIAL NUMBER

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TRACKING WITH SERIAL NUMBER: I am Hussain Shihabdeen from Qatar Recently i lost my laptop Dell Latitude E6430 device i have only serial number of the laptop how to track the location with serial number. i mean is there any methods to get notification from the device when connect to internet i haven't...
  10. Pre-installed windows serial number

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pre-installed windows serial number: Hello, I intend to buy a laptop which has windows 10 pre-installed, I want to make sure I won't lose it, so in case the activated windows copy was uninstalled for any reason, can I reinstall an unactivated windows copy using a bootable usb flash memory for example and...