Windows 10: Trying to install New SSD. trying to format results in: "this file does not have ann ****....

Discus and support Trying to install New SSD. trying to format results in: "this file does not have ann ****.... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Frankly I can't really comprehend exactly what the file issue is and the cloning process doesn't work for displayed reasons.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MatthewWhelpme, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Trying to install New SSD. trying to format results in: "this file does not have ann ****....

Frankly I can't really comprehend exactly what the file issue is and the cloning process doesn't work for displayed reasons.

:)

MatthewWhelpme, Dec 1, 2022
  2. johnspack Win User

Try Btrfs if you are installing to an ssd

I'll try some raw numbers and post those. I'll have to install another kubuntu on my 2nd equal ssd I guess. I don't understand why you can't see the difference, but okay.
    Still compiling a list of windows games that run just fine under winehq wine right now... much more important....Oh, here's my ancient old system using btrfs raw:

Trying to install New SSD. trying to format results in: "this file does not have ann ****.... [​IMG]

johnspack, Dec 1, 2022
  3. JhakeSong Win User
    Difficulties installing a new SSD

Hi RalphBrands,

Thank you for reaching back. I am sorry to hear that the steps didn't work for you. Let's try the following steps to see if this solves the issue.

It's possible that the drive has write protection, (If the drive has write protection, we can't do changes to it.) we can try to remove it by running these commands:

1) Press the Win+R keys on your keyboard to open the Run box.

2) Type diskpart -> press Enter to run it.

3) Inside the diskpart environment -> type and run each of these commands by pressing Enter.

4) Type list disk -> press Enter.

5) Identify your SSD in the list -> type select disk X -> press Enter (where X is the name of your SSD).

6) Run the command attributes disk clear readonly.

7) Wait for the process to complete

Next is to attempt to format your new SSD inside Diskpart

Run the commands in order below:

1) list disk

2) select disk n (n is the disk number you wish to format)

3) clean

4) create partition primary

5) format fs=ntfs quick

6) assign letter=x (x is the drive letter you wish the assign for the drive)

Hope this helps. Let me know so I can further assist you. Have a great day!

JhakeSong, Dec 1, 2022
  4. Lieve__ Win User

Trying to install New SSD. trying to format results in: "this file does not have ann ****....

I am stuck in a Windows Installation Loop for 2 days while trying to install new SSD

Hi all, I am posting this question on behalf of my boyfriend. He created the following post earlier today on Reddit with no results and has been trying everything for the past 2.5 days:

"I have been struggling to install my new SSD into my PC. Recently I bought the Samsung 870 EVO SSD to upgrade my old HDD. There is no problem in finding the SSD, starting the Windows Setup and the installation. But when I finish the installation, it forces to restart. When it restarts I am back at the beginning of the setup.

I am booting Windows from a flashdrive with the following boot order:

• Boot option #1. UEFI: Philips 5.00
    • Boot option #2. SATA: Samsung SSD
    • Boot option #3 USB: Philips 5.00
    I'm not really sure which parts I have in my computer as I didn't build it myself but I'll try to list as many as possible:

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | GPU: AMD RADEON R9 290x | MOBO: ASrock 970 pro3 r2.0 | SSD: Samsung 870 EVO SSD

I have tried many solutions on the internet but none seem to work. These are the solutions I tried:

• Pulling out the flashdrive when it restarts / Changing the boot order in the BIOS after it restarts.
      • After changing the order it should boot from the Samsung SSD, but I just get black screen with a flickering rectangle on top left (idk how to call it).
      • Or I get black screen with the following message: 'Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key ( But nothing happens)
    • I tried using many different SATA port, but they all give the same result.
    • I tried switching the RAM cards as someone suggested in another post but this gave me zero output when I switched the RAM cards. ( link: https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/c.../?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3 )
    • I tried putting back the old HDD, but it gives the same loop as using the SSD
    • I tried putting the BIOS settings back to default.
    • (He also tried all options that people listed in the comments on the reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/wzulw2/i_am_stuck_in_a_windows_installation_loop_for_2/)
    Here are some photo's from my BIOS settings:

Main: imgur.com

SATA controllers: imgur.com

Boot order: imgur.com

I am quite new to this so I am not really sure what to do. If I forgot to share some important info, please let me know. Would love to hear if anybody have any suggestions."

Is there anybody who can help him? We literally have no idea what to do to fix this. Even trying to put Windows on the HDD does not seem to work anymore so we are very stuck... Thank you in advance!

Lieve__, Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

Trying to install New SSD. trying to format results in: "this file does not have ann ****....

1. Trying to install New SSD. trying to format results in: "this file does not have ann ****.... - Similar Threads - Trying install SSD

2. Continued problems! I tried installing Windows 10 to a new SSD, resulting in...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Continued problems! I tried installing Windows 10 to a new SSD, resulting in...: This is the continuation of my last post because I didn't respond in time and my issue started to lose attention, but I still need someone to help solve the problem. :Please read here:...
  3. Continued problems! I tried installing Windows 10 to a new SSD, resulting in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continued problems! I tried installing Windows 10 to a new SSD, resulting in...: This is the continuation of my last post because I didn't respond in time and my issue started to lose attention, but I still need someone to help solve the problem. :Please read here:...
  4. Continued problems! I tried installing Windows 10 to a new SSD, resulting in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Trying to install New SSD. trying to format results in: "this file does not have associated...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to install New SSD. trying to format results in: "this file does not have associated...: Frankly I can't really comprehend exactly what the file issue is. This is a road bump in trying to clone the boot partition of HDD and the cloning process doesn't work for displayed reasons....
  6. Trying to install New SSD. trying to format results in: "this file does not have ann ****....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to install New SSD. trying to format results in: "this file does not have ann ****....: Frankly I can't really comprehend exactly what the file issue is and the cloning process doesn't work for displayed reasons. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-install-new-ssd-trying-to-format-results/21522042-87fb-4cae-b671-55d7fcebfba2
  7. Trying to install new SSD in Laptop - but have issues!

Trying to install new SSD in Laptop - but have issues!: Hi - have put a new disk into the laptop HP and the old drive is connected via USB - I also have a USB Media Creation tool image on a memory stick.Whilst the laptop will boot to the USB with the new image on it, it wont install - I guess because it wants to check I have a...
  8. Trying to format SSD in Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to format SSD in Laptop: I've been having issues with my Acer Aspire randomly freezing without any explanation, and have decided that maybe formatting the main SSD I put in it might help. It has both a HDD and SSD and I use the SSD for everything. When I go to format the SSD, it gives me the...
  9. Trying to migrate windows installation to new ssd.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to migrate windows installation to new ssd.: When I first did this build, I installed windows on a 1tb ssd. I just got a new 2tb ssd and I want to migrate my windows installation and files to the 2tb ssd. So I cloned my 1tb to the 2tb and reset the boot priority to my 2tb. So I booted up windows and windows still...
  10. trying to installl/recover to new SSD

trying to installl/recover to new SSD: I have a USB recovery drive made from windows 10 recover tool (Create a Recovery drive) I installed an SSD (it is smaller, and not formatted) When I boot from the USB it tells me the system drive is too small. Is it because the system drive is not formatted/partitoned....