Windows 10: Trying to install NuGet package using Powershell and getting this error

Discus and support Trying to install NuGet package using Powershell and getting this error in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Install-PackageProvider -Name NuGet -MinimumVersion 2.8.5.201 -ForceWARNING: Unable to download from URI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Santosh Seelam, Jan 28, 2022.

1. Trying to install NuGet package using Powershell and getting this error

Install-PackageProvider -Name NuGet -MinimumVersion 2.8.5.201 -ForceWARNING: Unable to download from URI 'https://onegetcdn.azureedge.net/providers/Microsoft.PackageManagement.NuGetProvider-2.8.5.208.dll' to ''.Install-PackageProvider : Failed to bootstrap provider 'https://onegetcdn.azureedge.net/providers/nuget-2.8.5.208.package.swidtag'.At line:1 char:1+ Install-PackageProvider -Name NuGet -MinimumVersion 2.8.5.201 -Force+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:)

Santosh Seelam, Jan 28, 2022
  2. RajathRB Win User

Trying to install Nuget Provider using Powershell and getting this error

Hi All,

I am trying to install Nuget Provider in powershell and running below command-

Install-PackageProvider -Name NuGet -MinimumVersion 2.8.5.201 -Force'

I am getting below error. My meachine is connected to internet and no proxy. I tried setting -

[Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol = [Net.SecurityProtocolType]::Tls12. But no luck. Can anybody help me on this.

WARNING: Unable to download the list of available providers. Check your internet connection.

PackageManagement\Install-PackageProvider : No match was found for the specified search criteria for the provider

'NuGet'. The package provider requires 'PackageManagement' and 'Provider' tags. Please check if the specified package

has the tags.

At C:\Program Files (x86)\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\PowerShellGet\1.0.0.1\PSModule.psm1:7468 char:21

+ ... $null = PackageManagement\Install-PackageProvider -Name $script:N ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: (Microsoft.Power...PackageProvider:InstallPackageProvider) [Install-Pac

kageProvider], Exception

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : NoMatchFoundForProvider,Microsoft.PowerShell.PackageManagement.Cmdlets.InstallPackagePro

vider

PackageManagement\Import-PackageProvider : No match was found for the specified search criteria and provider name

'NuGet'. Try 'Get-PackageProvider -ListAvailable' to see if the provider exists on the system.

At C:\Program Files (x86)\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\PowerShellGet\1.0.0.1\PSModule.psm1:7474 char:21

+ ... $null = PackageManagement\Import-PackageProvider -Name $script:Nu ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : InvalidData: (NuGet:String) [Import-PackageProvider], Exception

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : NoMatchFoundForCriteria,Microsoft.PowerShell.PackageManagement.Cmdlets.ImportPackageProv

ider

RajathRB, Jan 28, 2022
  3. MuniOnp Win User
    NuGet-anycpu.exe, offers to download but everytime it says " Initialization Failed. Unable to find package provider 'NuGet'

Original title: Powershell Module Browser problem

ill keep it simple, I installed the module browser on powershell but its asking for NuGet-anycpu.exe, it offers to download it but everytime it says " Initialization Failed. Unable to find package provider 'NuGet' "

how do I get this missing piece of software to get the module browser working; it can't be as simple as downloading the nuget command line program, renaming it as nuget-anycpu and placing it wherever because both time it gave me a powershell error, can anyone
    help me, or is this question more suited to the technet forums?

MuniOnp, Jan 28, 2022
  4. Njw96 Win User

Trying to install NuGet package using Powershell and getting this error

Nuget Packages do not display on powershell Windows 10

I am new to Windows powershell. I tried some ad-hoc queries to test the package-providers and their respective providers. So far I managed to install Chocolatey and Nuget.

Trying to install NuGet package using Powershell and getting this error aqRfr.png

When I try to see the packages available through Nuget, the command does not return anything.

Trying to install NuGet package using Powershell and getting this error lhhbk.png

I tried the same command (find-package -provider) with Chocolatey, and this time the list of packages available was sucessfully displayed.

What's wrong with Nuget?

Njw96, Jan 28, 2022
Thema:

Trying to install NuGet package using Powershell and getting this error

1. Trying to install NuGet package using Powershell and getting this error - Similar Threads - Trying install NuGet

2. Visual Studios 22 Nuget Package Manager: I get a System.IO.DirectoryNoFoundException Error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Studios 22 Nuget Package Manager: I get a System.IO.DirectoryNoFoundException Error...: Since this doesn't seem to be the forum to get the answer, please navigate me to the right one. Google doesn't help.System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path...
  3. Visual Studios 22 Nuget Package Manager: I get a System.IO.DirectoryNoFoundException Error...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual Studios 22 Nuget Package Manager: I get a System.IO.DirectoryNoFoundException Error...: Since this doesn't seem to be the forum to get the answer, please navigate me to the right one. Google doesn't help.System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path...
  4. I can't get nuget package to work under .net 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get nuget package to work under .net 8: I am starting a new wpf desktop project so I want to use the latest services.I am using C#, wpf, entityframework 6My first task was to scaffold sqlserver database.However I can't load the Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.SqlServer without getting the message in the...
  5. Where Can I Get the NuGet Package Manager?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where Can I Get the NuGet Package Manager?: Where can I get the NuGet Package Manager?I have Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-get-the-nuget-package-manager/35924171-1fcc-41a5-a3ea-98333f2bfa45
  6. Where Can I Get the NuGet Package Manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where Can I Get the NuGet Package Manager?: Where can I get the NuGet Package Manager?I have Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-get-the-nuget-package-manager/35924171-1fcc-41a5-a3ea-98333f2bfa45
  7. Where Can I Get the NuGet Package Manager?

8. Trying to install NuGet package using Powershell and getting this error

Trying to install NuGet package using Powershell and getting this error: Install-PackageProvider -Name NuGet -MinimumVersion 2.8.5.201 -ForceWARNING: Unable to download from URI 'https://onegetcdn.azureedge.net/providers/Microsoft.PackageManagement.NuGetProvider-2.8.5.208.dll' to ''.Install-PackageProvider : Failed to bootstrap provider...
  9. Trying to install NuGet package using Powershell and getting this error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trying to install NuGet package using Powershell and getting this error: Install-PackageProvider -Name NuGet -MinimumVersion 2.8.5.201 -ForceWARNING: Unable to download from URI 'https://onegetcdn.azureedge.net/providers/Microsoft.PackageManagement.NuGetProvider-2.8.5.208.dll' to ''.Install-PackageProvider : Failed to bootstrap provider...
  10. Trying to install Nuget Provider using Powershell and getting this error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to install Nuget Provider using Powershell and getting this error: Hi All, I am trying to install Nuget Provider in powershell and running below command- Install-PackageProvider -Name NuGet -MinimumVersion 2.8.5.201 -Force' I am getting below error. My meachine is connected to internet and no proxy. I tried setting -...