Windows 10: Trying to install Nuget Provider using Powershell and getting this error

Discus and support Trying to install Nuget Provider using Powershell and getting this error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All, I am trying to install Nuget Provider in powershell and running below command- Install-PackageProvider -Name NuGet -MinimumVersion... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RajathRB, Feb 10, 2019.

1. RajathRB Win User

Trying to install Nuget Provider using Powershell and getting this error

Hi All,

I am trying to install Nuget Provider in powershell and running below command-

Install-PackageProvider -Name NuGet -MinimumVersion 2.8.5.201 -Force'

I am getting below error. My meachine is connected to internet and no proxy. I tried setting -

[Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol = [Net.SecurityProtocolType]::Tls12. But no luck. Can anybody help me on this.

WARNING: Unable to download the list of available providers. Check your internet connection.

PackageManagement\Install-PackageProvider : No match was found for the specified search criteria for the provider

'NuGet'. The package provider requires 'PackageManagement' and 'Provider' tags. Please check if the specified package

has the tags.

At C:\Program Files (x86)\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\PowerShellGet\1.0.0.1\PSModule.psm1:7468 char:21

+ ... $null = PackageManagement\Install-PackageProvider -Name $script:N ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: (Microsoft.Power...PackageProvider:InstallPackageProvider) [Install-Pac

kageProvider], Exception

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : NoMatchFoundForProvider,Microsoft.PowerShell.PackageManagement.Cmdlets.InstallPackagePro

vider

PackageManagement\Import-PackageProvider : No match was found for the specified search criteria and provider name

'NuGet'. Try 'Get-PackageProvider -ListAvailable' to see if the provider exists on the system.

At C:\Program Files (x86)\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\PowerShellGet\1.0.0.1\PSModule.psm1:7474 char:21

+ ... $null = PackageManagement\Import-PackageProvider -Name $script:Nu ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : InvalidData: (NuGet:String) [Import-PackageProvider], Exception

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : NoMatchFoundForCriteria,Microsoft.PowerShell.PackageManagement.Cmdlets.ImportPackageProv

ider

:)

RajathRB, Feb 10, 2019
  2. MuniOnp Win User

NuGet-anycpu.exe, offers to download but everytime it says " Initialization Failed. Unable to find package provider 'NuGet'

Original title: Powershell Module Browser problem

ill keep it simple, I installed the module browser on powershell but its asking for NuGet-anycpu.exe, it offers to download it but everytime it says " Initialization Failed. Unable to find package provider 'NuGet' "

how do I get this missing piece of software to get the module browser working; it can't be as simple as downloading the nuget command line program, renaming it as nuget-anycpu and placing it wherever because both time it gave me a powershell error, can anyone
    help me, or is this question more suited to the technet forums?

MuniOnp, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Njw96 Win User
    Nuget Packages do not display on powershell Windows 10

I am new to Windows powershell. I tried some ad-hoc queries to test the package-providers and their respective providers. So far I managed to install Chocolatey and Nuget.

Trying to install Nuget Provider using Powershell and getting this error aqRfr.png

When I try to see the packages available through Nuget, the command does not return anything.

Trying to install Nuget Provider using Powershell and getting this error lhhbk.png

I tried the same command (find-package -provider) with Chocolatey, and this time the list of packages available was sucessfully displayed.

What's wrong with Nuget?

Njw96, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Trying to install Nuget Provider using Powershell and getting this error

Nuget Packages do not display on powershell Windows 10

There is no NuGet option by default when you do a

By default PSGallery and Chocolatey have package sources. NuGet doesn't.

To add NuGet as a package source, you need to run the below.

This will then register the package provider NuGet with a package source. When you run

You should see the list of packages available.

What is the URL for NuGet Gallery to access (nuget.org) from VS2010? discusses other api's to use. I tried the v3 one and it didn't work for me. The v2 worked fine.

It is a bit confusing the way it is implemented.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, Tim.

Tim Haintz, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Trying to install Nuget Provider using Powershell and getting this error

1. Trying to install Nuget Provider using Powershell and getting this error - Similar Threads - Trying install Nuget

2. Visual Studios 22 Nuget Package Manager: I get a System.IO.DirectoryNoFoundException Error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Studios 22 Nuget Package Manager: I get a System.IO.DirectoryNoFoundException Error...: Since this doesn't seem to be the forum to get the answer, please navigate me to the right one. Google doesn't help.System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path...
  3. Install Module with PowerShell: NuGet Unable to download, check your internet connection

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Install Module with PowerShell: NuGet Unable to download, check your internet connection: While installing the NuGet PowerShell module, you will get the following error WARNING: MSG:UnableToDownload «https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=627338&clcid=0x409» «» WARNING: Unable to download the list of available providers. Check your internet connection. WARNING:...
  4. Trying to install NuGet package using Powershell and getting this error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to install NuGet package using Powershell and getting this error: Install-PackageProvider -Name NuGet -MinimumVersion 2.8.5.201 -ForceWARNING: Unable to download from URI 'https://onegetcdn.azureedge.net/providers/Microsoft.PackageManagement.NuGetProvider-2.8.5.208.dll' to ''.Install-PackageProvider : Failed to bootstrap provider...
  5. Trying to install NuGet package using Powershell and getting this error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to install NuGet package using Powershell and getting this error: Install-PackageProvider -Name NuGet -MinimumVersion 2.8.5.201 -ForceWARNING: Unable to download from URI 'https://onegetcdn.azureedge.net/providers/Microsoft.PackageManagement.NuGetProvider-2.8.5.208.dll' to ''.Install-PackageProvider : Failed to bootstrap provider...
  6. Trying to install NuGet package using Powershell and getting this error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Cant Download tools from NuGet from PowerShell

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant Download tools from NuGet from PowerShell: Hi,Cant Download tools from NuGet from PowerShell: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customerengagement/on-premises/developer/download-tools-nugetThe following command doesn’t work on my company laptop. It is possible to execute the command's with succes on my...
  8. Is the get-aduser commandlet native to Powershell or is it provided by another software...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is the get-aduser commandlet native to Powershell or is it provided by another software...: Is the get-aduser commandlet native to Powershell or is it provided by another software package? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-get-aduser-commandlet-native-to-powershell/41acebc4-7880-4616-823a-ae3e88d6208a
  9. Is Installing TAP-Windows Provider V9 Safe? I'm trying to use a VPN and it's a required install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Installing TAP-Windows Provider V9 Safe? I'm trying to use a VPN and it's a required install: I want to use a trial from PrivateVPN and it's asking me to install TAP Windows Provider V9. Is this safe or something I should avoid? submitted by /u/osowavy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fmnr0l/is_installing_tapwindows_provider_v9_safe_im/
  10. Error trying to install OpenSSH Server from Powershell

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error trying to install OpenSSH Server from Powershell: I've upgraded to the proper version of Windows and am trying to enable OpenSSH Server on my machine. It's an HP Zbook 17 running the latest version of Windows 10. I'm executing this command: dism /Online /Add-Capability /CapabilityName:OpenSSH.Server~~~~0.0.1.0 If I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Install-PackageProvider : No match was found for the specified search criteria for the provider NuGet. The package

2. NuGet-anycpu

3. powershell nuget provider install

4. install-packageprovider name nuget minimumversion 2.8.5.201 force,
  5. NoMatchFoundForCriteria Microsoft.PowerShell.PackageManagement.Cmdlets.ImportPackageProv ider nuget,
  6. www.windowsphoneinfo.com,
  7. nuget anycpu exeダウンロード,
  8. install-packageprovider nuget,
  9. nuget-anycpu-2.8.5.127.exe,
  10. nuget-anycpu.exe,
  11. download install package provide nuget,
  12. Install-PackageProvider Name NuGet MinimumVersion 2.8.5.201 Force fails,
  13. powershell missing nuget,
  14. powershell nuget didnt found,
  15. powershell nuget provider exe