Windows 10: Trying to install printer driver for Epson XP-342

Discus and support Trying to install printer driver for Epson XP-342 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've downloaded the installation software from the Epson site. When I run the Utility Setup, I get as far as "Checking currently installed printer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KeithJawWP, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Trying to install printer driver for Epson XP-342

I've downloaded the installation software from the Epson site. When I run the Utility Setup, I get as far as "Checking currently installed printer drivers", and then the software "fails to respond."

How can I get past this impasse?

:)

KeithJawWP, Mar 8, 2019
  2. mikek75 Win User

epson printer driver not installing

My Epson R300 was detected automatically by W7, didn't need to install any extra drivers, W7 had them already (although that may be because its an old printer, depends how new yours is). I'd try removing the epson software, plugging in the printer and uninstall through Device Manager (selecting remove software). Reboot and see if its useable then.

mikek75, Mar 8, 2019
  3. mikek75 Win User
    epson printer driver not installing

Mmmm, only thing else I can think off is trying Windows Update, otherwise I too am clueless, LOL. I just had a look on the Epson site and they didn't even list a driver for mine under W7, but it worked in W7 when I tried it, even had the epson control panel. Well, until there was a sickening sound of broken plastic and it went west, but thats another story, LOL.

Can you test the printer on another PC by any chance?

mikek75, Mar 8, 2019
  4. Trying to install printer driver for Epson XP-342

cookiemonster, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

Trying to install printer driver for Epson XP-342

1. Trying to install printer driver for Epson XP-342 - Similar Threads - Trying install printer

2. Blocked from installing printer driver - Epson XP-245.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocked from installing printer driver - Epson XP-245.: Just bought a new Windows 11 laptop. Trying to install my existing printer driver - Epson XP-245. Have taken it off "S" mode, but still can't install as I get the message "This file was blocked because the file does not have a valid digital signature the verifies its...
  3. Blocked from installing printer driver - Epson XP-245.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocked from installing printer driver - Epson XP-245.: Just bought a new Windows 11 laptop. Trying to install my existing printer driver - Epson XP-245. Have taken it off "S" mode, but still can't install as I get the message "This file was blocked because the file does not have a valid digital signature the verifies its...
  4. Epson XP 340 printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Epson XP 340 printer: Screen stays on "Ink our Error". Can't switch to another screen/settings. I replaced ink; still has error message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-xp-340-printer/3d13276a-1af0-4823-a305-523ad707ebf1
  5. Epson Printer Driver - XP driver installed on 10 - device not showing as printer

Epson Printer Driver - XP driver installed on 10 - device not showing as printer: I inherited an Epson Stylus Pro9600~2003 and would like to get it working for a local non-profit. I downloaded the last driver available from the epson site. It was for Windows XP 64-bit...
  6. Epson XP-340 Printer

Epson XP-340 Printer: I have a printer that runs out of ink very quickly. I have purchased a black ink cartridge with extra ink and want to remove access to the colours and have it print only in black. This used to be so easy years ago and now I am stuck. Any idea of how to accomplish this. I...
  7. epson xp 340 printer

epson xp 340 printer: hi have just purchased the above & generally all has gone well ,ive scanned ok but wont print on command from printer .the icon is up on task bar etc ,assume the status "use printer offline" is correct , so any ideas.thoughts please .don small...
  8. Re-install printer EPSON XP-630 printer

Re-install printer EPSON XP-630 printer: Please re-install my printer EPSON XP -630 PRINTER from SEIKO very important!! Please Thank you!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-install-printer-epson-xp-630-printer/1b1a93bb-0895-45b9-9a10-a7ff4ac2b855
  9. installing Epson Printer Driver

installing Epson Printer Driver: Windows 10 firewall blocks Epson printer driver installation. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/installing-epson-printer-driver/764f1c47-9c6e-4176-a5dc-973fd20878c2
  10. epson xp 800 printer print driver unavailable

epson xp 800 printer print driver unavailable: All of a sudden my computer won't recognize my printer. It shows its connected to network and is working but printer driver unavailable. I have checked and have the most updated windows and printer updates. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing works....