Windows 10: Trying to install Windows 10 1709 even though I have it

Discus and support Trying to install Windows 10 1709 even though I have it in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So guys I installed KB4093105 via the standalone installer and made English(US) the only language and guess what!!!! [img] It worked thank you so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by davidhk, Apr 4, 2018.

1. davidhk Win User

Trying to install Windows 10 1709 even though I have it

You are welcome.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
  2. imkvinayan, Apr 22, 2018
  3. doshaburi Win User
    i don't want to install Windows 10 even though it was downloaded and scheduled to upgrade

Hello everyone,

I need some help. I reserved my copy of Windows 10 and it was downloaded in the background. I decided to schedule the upgrade because I could delay it for a month or longer but I was given ONLY 3 days. That is way I want to revert it and not upgrade my current
    Windows. Does anyone know how can I do that?

P.S. I uninstalled the Windows update, it removed that Get Windows 10 icon, so it's no longer there to click.

I also tried System Restore but it didn't work.

doshaburi, Apr 22, 2018
  4. Trying to install Windows 10 1709 even though I have it

i don't want to install Windows 10 even though it was downloaded and scheduled to upgrade

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you, as per your query.

Based on your description, I would like to inform you that you need to install the Windows update (which you have un-installed) in order to upgrade to Windows 10 using Windows update. Please go through the below link on How to reserve your free upgrade
    to Windows 10 and install Windows update.

How to reserve your free upgrade to Windows 10

And also you can revert/roll back to your current version of windows within 30 days of grace period.

How to recover / restore your previous version of Windows using the Rollback feature

How to recover / restore your previous version of Windows using the Rollback feature in the Anniversary Edition and the Spring / Fall Creators Update

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 22, 2018
  5. davidhk Win User
    Just curious...............
    Did you change your default Display Language from Hindi to English after you installed KB4093112 the first time ?
    If yes, that is why the system is reinstalling 16299,371.

davidhk, Apr 22, 2018
  6. Nuccii Win User
    Did you try the Windows Update trouble shooter ?

Nuccii, Apr 22, 2018
  7. Sorry for being inactive for some days

I in fact did "add" English (India) but US english is from the moment I bought it my display language..

I will try and remove Indian english and see of it is solved

imkvinayan, Apr 24, 2018
  8. Trying to install Windows 10 1709 even though I have it

Yeah no result

imkvinayan, Apr 24, 2018
  9. davidhk Win User
    The new build is now 16299.402 via KB4093105.

davidhk, Apr 24, 2018
  10. davidhk Win User
    imkvinayan

What is the current status now ?
    I am anxious to know.

davidhk, Apr 24, 2018
  11. I am going to install it without any network connectivity via the standalone package and see what happens...

imkvinayan, Apr 25, 2018
  12. So guys I installed KB4093105 via the standalone installer and made English(US) the only language and guess what!!!!
    Trying to install Windows 10 1709 even though I have it [​IMG]

It worked thank you so much

Special thanks to you -----davidhk

imkvinayan, Apr 25, 2018
Thema:

Trying to install Windows 10 1709 even though I have it

1. Trying to install Windows 10 1709 even though I have it - Similar Threads - Trying install 1709

2. Can't install windows 11 even though I have all the requirements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install windows 11 even though I have all the requirements: Basically, the app to requirement windows 11 says that I can upgrade, but when I go to settings, it says there that I can't, what to do???...
  3. Can't install windows 11 even though I have all the requirements

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install windows 11 even though I have all the requirements: Basically, the app to requirement windows 11 says that I can upgrade, but when I go to settings, it says there that I can't, what to do???...
  4. I have the "Activate Windows" watermark even though I have activated windows.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have the "Activate Windows" watermark even though I have activated windows.: I activated windows on this PC around 4 years ago, and I've had this watermark for a few months now. I have attempted troubleshooting the problem without any results. I brought the question to reddit, where I was directed to Microsoft support, which also didn't help me. When...
  5. Auto update even though I have disabled it

Auto update even though I have disabled it: Hi, today my Windows 10 Pro auto-installed the following update: KB4592449. This never happened before, because I have set (Group Policy) Windows updates to "2 - notify for download and auto install". So far I've always decided when to download and install Windows updates....
  6. I can't install a game even though I have a receipt for purchase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't install a game even though I have a receipt for purchase: Hi guys, some time ago I purchased Minecraft for Windows 10 while using a Windows 8, but have recently gotten a Windows 10 to play it. In Order History, I can find the receipt for purchase, but there is no key or install button. Even in going to the game's page, it prompts me...
  7. Windows 10 says I have no internet connection even though there is.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 says I have no internet connection even though there is.: I am using Windows 10. Recently, my wireless network has been unable to detect internet even though I can still go online. Everything on the browser still works and i can still surf the net. However, apps that runs at the background and microsoft products that rely on the...
  8. Even though I hide the update, Windows installs it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Even though I hide the update, Windows installs it?: There is an update that causes a few problems in my PC and I used the update hider software which was provided my Microsoft. I uninstalled this update yesterday and immediately hide it using the program. Then, today it installed on it's own. Why could it be? [ATTACH] It...
  9. unable to activate windows even though i shouldnt have to

unable to activate windows even though i shouldnt have to: ive had my computer for around 14 months now, so I am confused to why I am now getting this problem, recently ive been getting an overlay saying I have to go to settings to activate windows, im unable to open certain things on my computer, im unable to update windows, and im...
  10. 1709 now installing driver updates (nvidia) even though it is disabled

1709 now installing driver updates (nvidia) even though it is disabled: Windows update updated my Nvidia driver even though I have "Do you want to auomatically download manufacturers' apps and custom icons available for your devices" Set to No. I have been on Windows 10 since before it was officially released and this is the first time...