Windows 10: Trying to install Windows 10 64-bit but unable to do so

Discus and support Trying to install Windows 10 64-bit but unable to do so in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I've read through various posts but haven't come across one that is exactly what we are dealing with. My son recently built a gaming PC and we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gavinraspa, May 22, 2020.

1. Trying to install Windows 10 64-bit but unable to do so

Hello,

I've read through various posts but haven't come across one that is exactly what we are dealing with. My son recently built a gaming PC and we are trying to install Windows 10 on his machine. We have the Windows 10 .iso file on a USB drive. When we plug in the drive to the back of the PC, when we turn the PC on and hit F11, it doesn't recognize the USB drive. It just says "Enter Setup". It also picks up his hard drives. We've gone in and updated the BIOS so that the UEFI USB Key is the first on the boot list. When we do this, it just comes back with "Enter Setup" and doesn't recognize the USB drive please see attached images. Trying to install Windows 10 64-bit but unable to do so [​IMG]

Trying to install Windows 10 64-bit but unable to do so 66fbdaf1-50e4-40f2-abc4-d572e74ddcd1?upload=true.jpg

I believe part of the problem is, I downloaded Windows 10 from my Mac I don't own another PC that has a USB drive. I had to download Windows file to my Mac's desktop then move to the USB drive for some reason it wouldn't let me directly download from the Microsoft website to the USB drive - it would error out. To move the file from my Mac's desktop to the USB drive we had to change the disk format to Mac OS Extended Journaled otherwise it wouldn't let me move the Windows file to the USB. It's my understanding that the USB Drive with Windows 10 install needs to be FAT32 for the PC to recognize it? Is this correct? If so, any recommendations on how to change the disk format to FAT32 and get the Windows 10 file uploaded to it?

If there is something else I'm missing, I'm all ears.

Thanks for any help you all can provide.

SR

:)

gavinraspa, May 22, 2020

2. Re-install Windows 10 64-bit

Yes, you can go back to 64 bit Windows 10 without purchasing.

• Switching to Windows 10 64 bit is free, you don't have to pay for it. As long as you have a qualifying Windows 7 or 8 or Windows 10 license, you are entitled to use it.
    • Switching requires that you perform a new installation, that means files, applications and settings will be deleted.
    • You will have to reinstall applications and native 64 bit drivers.
    • Backup before migrating: How
      to: Create a system image in Windows 10

Step 1: Download Windows 10 64 bit then create a bootable copy:

How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2: Boot from the 64 bit Windows 10 install media, then perform a custom or clean install:

Andre Da Costa, May 22, 2020
  3. Adriana Win User
    ANACONDA - Unable to install 64-bit version - Windows 10

I am trying to install Anaconda 64-bit version on my computer with Windows 10 64 bit.
    However, after the installation Anaconda doesn’t work. It doesn’t appear in the Start Menu options and if I try to run it in the folder where it was installed (C:\Users\myuser\Anaconda3\_conda.exe), nothing happens.

I then installed Anaconda 32-bit version and it worked, however I would like to work with the 64-bit version.

During installation, I checked the option "Register Anaconda as my default Python 3.7".

The installation of 64-bit version was much faster than the 32-bit and it seems that it doesn’t follow all the same steps.

Details of the installation of 32-bit version:

1. Extract
    2. Unpacking
    3. Setting up the base environment
    4. Completed

Unpacking - 32-bit:

Trying to install Windows 10 64-bit but unable to do so Nswxr.png

Setting up base environment - 32-bit:

Trying to install Windows 10 64-bit but unable to do so tZClq.png

Details of the installation of 64-bit version:

1. Extract (Setting up the package cache...)
    2. Completed

Setting up the package cache:

Trying to install Windows 10 64-bit but unable to do so CamM9.png

Anaconda 64-bit -completed:

Trying to install Windows 10 64-bit but unable to do so 2QyLI.png

I have already installed and uninstalled Anaconda several times, uninstalled all other programs that run with Python on my computer, uninstalled the antivirus Avast, but it didn’t work... Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Adriana, May 22, 2020
  4. Trying to install Windows 10 64-bit but unable to do so

Windows installed 32-bit version of Windows 10, when it should be 64-bit

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• How did you upgrade to Windows 10?
    • Have you checked under system info?
    I suggest you to go to control panel and system and under system info check which bit is installed.

As your Windows 7 is running on 32 bit, Windows 10 will be installed as 32 bit architecture if you install Windows 10 through Windows updates. If you want to install Windows 10 64 bit, I suggest you to check whether your system
    supports 32/64 bit architecture. If your computer supports 64 bit architecture, then i suggest you to refer the below link to install Windows 10 64 bit using the media creation tool.

Download Windows 10.

Download Windows 10

You can check the System information from your computer to check for the architecture of Windows supported by your computer.

Reference: I suggest you to refer the below article for more information about Windows 10.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Trying to install Windows 10 64-bit but unable to do so

1. Trying to install Windows 10 64-bit but unable to do so - Similar Threads - Trying install bit

2. Trying to install Microsoft Windows 10 Home License 64-bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to install Microsoft Windows 10 Home License 64-bit: I purchased and am trying to install the above but it keeps telling me I need to uninstall McAfee because it's not compatible w/Windows 10. I have uninstalled it but it still keeps telling me I need to uninstall it before I can continue....
  3. Trying to install Microsoft Windows 10 Home License 64-bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to install Microsoft Windows 10 Home License 64-bit: I purchased and am trying to install the above but it keeps telling me I need to uninstall McAfee because it's not compatible w/Windows 10. I have uninstalled it but it still keeps telling me I need to uninstall it before I can continue....
  4. 64 bit installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    64 bit installation: Can i Install 64 Bit os on windows 7 with core2 duo processor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/64-bit-installation/f0a3b94c-21fc-4ea0-9dfa-371931309767
  5. 64 bit installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    64 bit installation: Can i Install 64 Bit os on windows 7 with core2 duo processor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/64-bit-installation/f0a3b94c-21fc-4ea0-9dfa-371931309767
  6. Unable to install 64 bit Windows 10 on a x64 based processor

Unable to install 64 bit Windows 10 on a x64 based processor: i have an HP Pavilion dv6 3225dx Entertainment Laptop that is a x64 based processor, recently i turned my computer on to find the message NO OPERATING SYSTEM, so i purchased a new rebootable disk for WIN 10 & WIN 10 PRO and the CD?DVD disk gave me the options of windows 10 64...
  7. Installation of Windows 10 64 bit?

Installation of Windows 10 64 bit?: After investing a whole day to reinstall Windows 10 4 times, I still haven't managed to turn my 32 bit version into a 64 bit version. I know that I used to have a 64 bit version on this pc, but then I mistakenly made a 32 bit version when I reinstalled it. Now my question:...
  8. Installing 64 Bit Windows 10

Installing 64 Bit Windows 10: I built a PC and was trying to install Windows 10 64 bit, however it wouldn't let me. So I tried to put my USB in a another computer to test and it worked. I then tried 32 bit Windows 10 in my computer and it worked. I was wondering if this may be a driver issue. I installed...
  9. 64 bit won't install on a 64 bit processer

64 bit won't install on a 64 bit processer: I bought a windows kit from Amazon, came in a box with a usb drive. I just built my 1st pc my processer in an AMD Rayzen 5 3600x it is for sure 64 bit based. I went to install Windows home 64 bit but it gave me a message saying it failed to install so i installed the 32 bit....
  10. Windows 10 64 bit will not allow install of 64 bit programs

Windows 10 64 bit will not allow install of 64 bit programs: I recently purchased a Surface Pro X and I am trying to install some programs but they are not allowing me to install due the program requiring a 64 bit Operating system. I have checked my System information and I am definitely running 64 bit windows "System type: 64-bit...