Windows 10: Trying to install Windows 10 but it freezes before the setup wizard

Discus and support Trying to install Windows 10 but it freezes before the setup wizard in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just finished building my computer and I am trying to install Windows 10 onto it. I'm using a USB flash drive and I downloaded the ISO using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Brandon Lawhorn, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Trying to install Windows 10 but it freezes before the setup wizard

I just finished building my computer and I am trying to install Windows 10 onto it. I'm using a USB flash drive and I downloaded the ISO using the media creation tool via Microsoft's website and I created the install media using Rufus. When I plug my USB into the computer and go to BIOS, I set the USB drive to #1 in the boot order. When I exit BIOS, the blue Windows logo appears and the small white dots begin to spin at the bottom, but after a few seconds the dots freeze and I have not been able to get past this point. I have no clue what to do next to try to fix this issue. Any help is appreciated!

:)

Brandon Lawhorn, Aug 11, 2019
  2. wt_lesny Win User

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Aug 11, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 11, 2019
  4. broken89 Win User

Trying to install Windows 10 but it freezes before the setup wizard

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

Well problem solved it didn't seem to like the mouse i had plugged in *Big Grin Trying to install Windows 10 but it freezes before the setup wizard :D

It takes about 5min for to load each step in the windows setup? The disc drive will stop for about 5min then spin up and finally load? it does this for every step in the setup? very odd.

broken89, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Trying to install Windows 10 but it freezes before the setup wizard

1. Trying to install Windows 10 but it freezes before the setup wizard - Similar Threads - Trying install freezes

2. Setup Wizard fails to find disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setup Wizard fails to find disc: Running the setup.exe for an app doesn't install it, the installation ends prematurely.It comes up with a popup saying "Invalid disk F:", for context my computer has 2 discs at the moment and they're "E" and "Z".There used to be an "F" but had to wipe a disc, the "F" wasn't...
  3. I am trying to install HR BLOCK 2020 and the installer wizard interrupts the install before...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am trying to install HR BLOCK 2020 and the installer wizard interrupts the install before...: can any one help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-install-hr-block-2020-and-the/c03f8193-98c0-4ebc-8ea5-e93e1c490040
  4. Windows 10 Freezes before Install can finish

Windows 10 Freezes before Install can finish: Hi All, I recently purchased a new processor. I swapped them out today. When I went to boot afterwards, Windows just kept spinning. I decides to just do a fresh install of Windows 10 since I keep all my important files on an external drive. I reformatted the drive from the...
  5. Creating an installation and setup wizard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating an installation and setup wizard: So I have a .exe file that I want to share with a few other people. However, the .exe needs the user's registry to be changed in order to work properly. I got the .exe file myself by installing it via an installation and setup wizard. Apparently, Windows has a utility called...
  6. windows 10 setup freeze

windows 10 setup freeze: im trying to update windows 10 to the latest version to use mixed reality but it always gets stuck on checking for updates at 14%. ive tried stopping windows update service and running the update troubleshooter and dont know what else to do...
  7. Setup wizard

Setup wizard: I am trying to download epic games installer on my windows 10 hp touchsmart 15 but it keeps saying that installation ended prematurely can somebody help me out please?...
  8. Can't find setup wizard

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can't find setup wizard: I can't find this (see attachment). [img] Don Cole 101718
  9. Windows 10 os setup install freezing, help

Windows 10 os setup install freezing, help: Windows 10 setup install freezing help? it usually freezes after picking language and shows driver partitions one primary one secondary and I tried formatting and creating a new one even trying deleting it and all that, the same thing happens , it just freezes at random...
  10. Windows 10 freezing on Setup

Windows 10 freezing on Setup: I recently sold my old PC. I had windows 7 64-bit professional until I upgraded to Windows 10. So I tried to reset my PC through Update and security, but an error said I couldn't and no changes were made. So I loaded USB with windows 10 64-bit and started the install from...