Windows 10: Trying to install Windows 10 from Linux Mint

Discus and support Trying to install Windows 10 from Linux Mint in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I have downloaded the Windows 10 Installation ISO and was planning on installing Windows 10, I've mounted the ISO and ran the setup with WINE and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ObradJovicevic, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Trying to install Windows 10 from Linux Mint

So I have downloaded the Windows 10 Installation ISO and was planning on installing Windows 10,

I've mounted the ISO and ran the setup with WINE and it opened up normally , but when I click 'Install now' a error pop-up shows up telling me:

'Windows cannot find a location to store temporary installation files'

To install windows,make sure that a partition on your boot disk has at least 1219 megabytes(MB) of free space.

Error code: 0x80070490

I really need to get Windows installed till tomorrow so help is needed!!!

:)

ObradJovicevic, Jan 11, 2019

2. Dual Boot Windows 10 & Linux Mint

We are volunteers willing to help you try to resolve this issue.

These should help :

How to Dual Boot Linux Mint and Windows

https://itsfoss.com/guide-install-linux-mint-16...

How to install Linux Mint on your Windows PC

http://www.zdnet.com/article/how-to-install-lin...

Be sure to check with Linux Mint Support and Forums.

Linux Mint - Support and Forums

Contact Us - Linux Mint

Linux Mint Forums

Linux Mint Forums - Index page

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance.

SpiritX MS MVP, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Help removing Linux Mint and installing Windows 10

I need help removing Linux Mint off of my computer, and installing a clean copy of Windows 10. Any ideas?

Devin Ferrogine, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Trying to install Windows 10 from Linux Mint

How to install Windows 10 on linux mint system?

Original title:- Getting Windows 10 Back

Yesterday, my friend switched my computer's OS to Linux Mint. I have never used linux mint and have no idea how to operate and use it. I use my computer for gaming, and battle.net isn't availabe for linux. I was wondering if there was a way I could get my
    windows 10 back.

carcharodonBite, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Trying to install Windows 10 from Linux Mint

1. Trying to install Windows 10 from Linux Mint - Similar Threads - Trying install Linux

2. unable to install windows 10 on linux mint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to install windows 10 on linux mint: I have old laptop with linux mint that I'd like to switch hard drive and install windows on it. Thing is the Windows Installation Media usb stick crashes every time I try to open it. Firstly the computer fans goes full speed and I can get to different stages of windows...
  3. unable to install windows 10 on linux mint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to install windows 10 on linux mint: I have old laptop with linux mint that I'd like to switch hard drive and install windows on it. Thing is the Windows Installation Media usb stick crashes every time I try to open it. Firstly the computer fans goes full speed and I can get to different stages of windows...
  4. unable to install windows 10 on linux mint

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Linux Mint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linux Mint: Can you please tell me how to disable write protection on a Drive using Linux Mint USB Bootable...basically messed my computer up and then used linux mint usb bootable to boot. now i wish to format my drive but cannot because it is write protected.....i can see and access...
  6. Linux Mint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Linux Mint: Can you please tell me how to disable write protection on a Drive using Linux Mint USB Bootable...basically messed my computer up and then used linux mint usb bootable to boot. now i wish to format my drive but cannot because it is write protected.....i can see and access...
  7. Linux Mint

8. Windows to Linux Mint

Windows to Linux Mint: Due to issues with Windows 11 ...i may decide to install Linux Mint on one of my three desktop pc's ...i've tried Linux Mint before as a newbie and was totally a new learning curve and this time i will study more on Linux Mint and keep this OS on one of my three pc's ( have...
  9. Windows to Linux Mint

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows to Linux Mint: Due to issues with Windows 11 ...i may decide to install Linux Mint on one of my three desktop pc's ...i've tried Linux Mint before as a newbie and was totally a new learning curve and this time i will study more on Linux Mint and keep this OS on one of my three pc's ( have...
  10. Help removing Linux Mint and installing Windows 10

Help removing Linux Mint and installing Windows 10: I need help removing Linux Mint off of my computer, and installing a clean copy of Windows 10. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/help-removing-linux-mint-and-installing-windows-10/791c4fb4-668e-406b-bccd-9d70bcbb41f0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trying to install windows 10 from linux mint