Windows 10: Trying to install Windows 10 from Linux Mint

Discus and support Trying to install Windows 10 from Linux Mint in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I have downloaded the Windows 10 Installation ISO and was planning on installing Windows 10, I've mounted the ISO and ran the setup with WINE and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ObradJovicevic, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Trying to install Windows 10 from Linux Mint

So I have downloaded the Windows 10 Installation ISO and was planning on installing Windows 10,

I've mounted the ISO and ran the setup with WINE and it opened up normally , but when I click 'Install now' a error pop-up shows up telling me:

'Windows cannot find a location to store temporary installation files'

To install windows,make sure that a partition on your boot disk has at least 1219 megabytes(MB) of free space.

Error code: 0x80070490

I really need to get Windows installed till tomorrow so help is needed!!!

:)

ObradJovicevic, Jan 11, 2019

2. Dual Boot Windows 10 & Linux Mint

We are volunteers willing to help you try to resolve this issue.

These should help :

How to Dual Boot Linux Mint and Windows

https://itsfoss.com/guide-install-linux-mint-16...

How to install Linux Mint on your Windows PC

http://www.zdnet.com/article/how-to-install-lin...

Be sure to check with Linux Mint Support and Forums.

Linux Mint - Support and Forums

Contact Us - Linux Mint

Linux Mint Forums

Linux Mint Forums - Index page

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance.

SpiritX MS MVP, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Help removing Linux Mint and installing Windows 10

I need help removing Linux Mint off of my computer, and installing a clean copy of Windows 10. Any ideas?

Devin Ferrogine, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Trying to install Windows 10 from Linux Mint

How to install Windows 10 on linux mint system?

Original title:- Getting Windows 10 Back

Yesterday, my friend switched my computer's OS to Linux Mint. I have never used linux mint and have no idea how to operate and use it. I use my computer for gaming, and battle.net isn't availabe for linux. I was wondering if there was a way I could get my
    windows 10 back.

carcharodonBite, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Trying to install Windows 10 from Linux Mint

1. Trying to install Windows 10 from Linux Mint - Similar Threads - Trying install Linux

2. change dual boot order windows 10 and linux mint

in Windows 10 Customization
    change dual boot order windows 10 and linux mint: how do i make windows 10 default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-dual-boot-order-windows-10-and-linux-mint/e68b3b6e-18b8-4fd9-9407-9d2bd94c3f37
  3. How to install a Windows 10 setup onto a usb flash drive on Linux Mint

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install a Windows 10 setup onto a usb flash drive on Linux Mint: Hello, I am trying to build a Windows 10 setup that I can boot onto my USB flash drive stick and then boot on my computer startup screen so I can switch from Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia to Windows 10. Please help me. Thanks. 124424
  4. Reinstall Windows 10 over Linux Mint but no NTFS

Reinstall Windows 10 over Linux Mint but no NTFS: My laptop came with Windows 10 Pro. I installed Linux Mint which occupies the whole hard drive. I want to reinstall Windows 10 Pro and remove Linux, but when I use the Windows USB installation disk, there is no NTFS on laptop so I can't install. Any ideas please?...
  5. No sound in VMware Linux Mint

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    No sound in VMware Linux Mint: I have installed Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon (3.8.9) within VMware Workstation 14 Player (version 14.1.3 build-9474260) running on a Windows 10 host (1803 build 17134.285). Sound does not work, although it works perfectly when I run Windows 7 in the same VM. The sound device...
  6. BitLocker Secure Boot error after installing Linux Mint

BitLocker Secure Boot error after installing Linux Mint: Hello, I have a windows 10 professional laptop. A few days ago i had installed linux mint on the same device in a dual boot configuration. The installlation has altered the UEFI boot to include the boot loader menu for linux. My problem is that every time i boot in the...
  7. Remove Linux Mint 19 "Tara" and install Windows 10

Remove Linux Mint 19 "Tara" and install Windows 10: I have an issue with my Linux machine. I am trying to run a physical copy of windows 10 on a Linux machine. I even tried formatting the partitions for Linux and it didn't work. Any help will be appreciated....
  8. Help removing Linux Mint and installing Windows 10

Help removing Linux Mint and installing Windows 10: I need help removing Linux Mint off of my computer, and installing a clean copy of Windows 10. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/help-removing-linux-mint-and-installing-windows-10/791c4fb4-668e-406b-bccd-9d70bcbb41f0
  9. Installed Windows 10. Now I can't boot Windows 10 or Linux Mint.

Installed Windows 10. Now I can't boot Windows 10 or Linux Mint.: Hello, TenForums. I run Linux Mint on one SSD and Windows 7 on another. Linux Mint SSD is on SATA 1; Windows 7 SSD is on SATA 2; 500GB empty drive on SATA 3. I upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10 and after getting it all set up and pretty, I decided to reboot and use...
  10. How to install and run Windows 10 on Linux Mint

How to install and run Windows 10 on Linux Mint: I am trying to download and run Windows 10 instead of my current operating system Linux Mint. I bought windows 10 and proceeded to download the .iso file. I wrote the .iso file onto a FAT32 flashdrive but it won't install or run. Nothing but Linux programs show up in the...