Windows 10: trying to install windows 10 on a windows 7 desktop, only black screens on loading

Discus and support trying to install windows 10 on a windows 7 desktop, only black screens on loading in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello,so I've been trying to install windows 10 on my old desktop, a Dell xps8300. I made a backup an image? of my computer, then made a boot on a USB.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Siraj Fitzgerald, Jun 8, 2023.

1. trying to install windows 10 on a windows 7 desktop, only black screens on loading

Hello,so I've been trying to install windows 10 on my old desktop, a Dell xps8300. I made a backup an image? of my computer, then made a boot on a USB. Then I put the USB in and tried to boot it with that.I got through the initial screens, put the windows activation key I bought in, and then let it do its thing. Problem is whenever it gets to the next loading screen, it just goes black and doesn't do anything. I've restarted it repeatedly, and it comes up with a menu asking if I want windows 7 or 10; the 'restart or other options' tab I look at only has the option to restart and change 9 set

:)

Siraj Fitzgerald, Jun 8, 2023

2. Windows 7 black screen of death

I read a report a little while ago that said the black screens were nothing to do with updates but due to a malicious program (it hit more than just windows 7 users - vista, xp and 2000 were also prone to the black startup screen of death if infected). My windows 7 install is fully up-to-date and i've never had the black startup screen.

Just run some decent anti virus and you should be safe (i suggest microsoft security essentails since it's free and pretty decent). When you've installed an anti-virus i'd suggest doing a full scen to be sure there's nothing there.

human_error, Jun 8, 2023
  3. DanielLim Win User
    Notebook: Black Screen on loading Windows 7

Try reformatting the drive where you have your Windows 7, and then once you're done reformatting try to reinstall your Windows 7 again.
    Hope this resolves your problem*Smile trying to install windows 10 on a windows 7 desktop, only black screens on loading :)

DanielLim, Jun 8, 2023
  4. RoboX Win User

trying to install windows 10 on a windows 7 desktop, only black screens on loading

Notebook: Black Screen on loading Windows 7

yes

to?

this problem appened also in the past, with many other installation of the operating system

RoboX, Jun 8, 2023
Thema:

trying to install windows 10 on a windows 7 desktop, only black screens on loading

1. trying to install windows 10 on a windows 7 desktop, only black screens on loading - Similar Threads - trying install desktop

2. trying to install windows 10 on a windows 7 desktop, only black screens on loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trying to install windows 10 on a windows 7 desktop, only black screens on loading: Hello,so I've been trying to install windows 10 on my old desktop, a Dell xps8300. I made a backup an image? of my computer, then made a boot on a USB. Then I put the USB in and tried to boot it with that.I got through the initial screens, put the windows activation key I...
  3. trying to install windows 10 on a windows 7 desktop, only black screens on loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    trying to install windows 10 on a windows 7 desktop, only black screens on loading: Hello,so I've been trying to install windows 10 on my old desktop, a Dell xps8300. I made a backup an image? of my computer, then made a boot on a USB. Then I put the USB in and tried to boot it with that.I got through the initial screens, put the windows activation key I...
  4. Window 7 Instaling then screen goes black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 7 Instaling then screen goes black: Sir when i install window 7 in my computer then during installation my computer screen goes black before windows logo and no keyboard button works when i boot window 10 on the same computer. If you do, it will boot correctly...
  5. Window 7 Instaling then screen goes black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 7 Instaling then screen goes black: Sir when i install window 7 in my computer then during installation my computer screen goes black before windows logo and no keyboard button works when i boot window 10 on the same computer. If you do, it will boot correctly...
  6. Only black screen on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Only black screen on windows 10: I want to ask one question, why only the black screen showing after sign in to Windows.No issue encountered if signing in with a different profile. My notebookrunning on Windows 10 Professional. Hopefully, u all can help me. Thanks a lot...
  7. Windows 10 Installation shows only a black screen.

Windows 10 Installation shows only a black screen.: So about a year ago, I attempted to upgrade my family members computer to Windows 10 from 7. This turned into a complete disaster I don't ever want to go through again. To keep it short, it ended up DEACTIVATING their computer. We left it unactivated and really couldn't do...
  8. Games only load into a black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games only load into a black screen: I've been trying to load into games on a VirtualBox vm, but they only load into a blank screen. Here is a crashlog from Roblox: logs - Pastebin.com The obvious answer would be to play it on the host machine, but that's not the point. It also couldn't be vm detection, because...
  9. Windows 10 not loading to login page only black screen and mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 not loading to login page only black screen and mouse: Desktop Computer would start but once it should have gone to start up login page the screen would just go black, I managed to start in safe mode once and uninstall graphics driver but this did not fix my problem, upon restarting I still had the same issue, black page. I did a...
  10. Windows 10 black screen - no desktop

Windows 10 black screen - no desktop: I recently installed Windows 10 retail on a new Asus Hero vII. Everything worked well for a while and I was able to install software. Now, I suddenly get a black screen on startup. I type in my Pin and I see my usual desktop background photo, but there are no icons. Also,...