Windows 10: Trying to install Windows 10 on an older Used computer

Discus and support Trying to install Windows 10 on an older Used computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello all, I recently purchased an older HP EliteDesk 800 G1 from my place of work. The hard drive was, of course, wiped so its a complete blank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by even98, Sep 27, 2019.

1. even98 Win User

Trying to install Windows 10 on an older Used computer

Hello all,

I recently purchased an older HP EliteDesk 800 G1 from my place of work. The hard drive was, of course, wiped so its a complete blank slate. My daily driver is a Mac Laptop (no judging, its getting me through college). I created a windows boot drive on a Sandisk 32 GB drive I had laying around. The computer uses BIOS rather than UEFI. When I try to boot from the USB disk, it says "Attempting Boot From USB Device" with a cursor underneath that, then it hangs up on that indefinitely. I honestly am not really sure what is going wrong with it.

:)

even98, Sep 27, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 27, 2019
  4. Cvrk Win User

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Trying to install Windows 10 on an older Used computer [​IMG]

Theres also this official Windows 10 Preview On Nokia Lumia 920 - Windows Central Forums
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Thema:

1. Trying to install Windows 10 on an older Used computer - Similar Threads - Trying install older

2. Older computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older computer: I had a computer strictly for a simple design program that I’ve used for a long time. The requirements were windows 95/98/NT. The computer crashed and a guru we used took it to fix and went out of business. It was on a computer that had windows 7 on it. So I bought another...
  3. Windows 10 on older computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 on older computer: Hello I bought a new to me desktop off of Amazon to use in working from home. Unfortunately, my system wasn't working properly and I tried to reset it to factory settings and found got a message that this computer has no operating system. I suspect that the seller company...
  4. Windows 10 older ver install.

Windows 10 older ver install.: Hello, Once i tried to install Windows 10 1507 version. Ok, So when i tried to, it started and asked me which drive to install i selected that, after it started installing copying files for install, installing features, updates, then finishing after that it said windows has...
  5. Windows update trying to install older graphics driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows update trying to install older graphics driver: Windows 10 version 20H2 is trying to install a 2017 Intel graphics driver which will overwrite the 2020 version and cause previously fixed sign out issues to reoccur. How do I stop this now that the 'howtohide' diagnostic cabinet has been moved or deleted Error 404? Lenovo...
  6. Installing older Windows?

Installing older Windows?: Can an older Windows be installed on a notebook with Windows 10 pre-installed? LG Älteres Windows installieren?
  7. Installing Windows 10 from a dead computer to an older, live computer

Installing Windows 10 from a dead computer to an older, live computer: My Dell T7500 Precision Workstation would not boot and the IT guys said it was a motherboard problem and not worth saving, so we recycled it. However, I kept the hard drive and thought I would install Windows 10 from the T7500 into and even older Dell Precision 670. But...
  8. Install an older version of Windows 10

Install an older version of Windows 10: Hi, My Windows 10 was recently updated to 1809, which unfortunately messed up my fps in games (again... had the same issues with 1803). As I already tried all the suggestions available online (disable game bar and full screen optimisations...bla bla), I want to install an...
  9. Power - dedicated NAS or use older computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power - dedicated NAS or use older computer: Hi there I see more people now are thinking of using some sort of NAS box for media serving these days. Often they decide to use something like an Older Laptop with one or two external USB enclosures (powered JBOD type). This may work in the short term and is good to...
  10. New install of Win 10 on older computer?

New install of Win 10 on older computer?: I was given a laptop that came with Windows 8.1. The owner removed the memory and HDD because they thought computer went bad. I replaced the memory and HDD with some spare parts I had. The HDD had a old installation of Win 10 from when I replaced it with a SSD. The laptop is...