Windows 10: Trying to install windows 10 onto a windows 7 computer

Discus and support Trying to install windows 10 onto a windows 7 computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Every time I try to download any software I get "The sub system needed to support image is not present" Can you advise me how to get around this.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobertJessopp, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Trying to install windows 10 onto a windows 7 computer

Every time I try to download any software I get "The sub system needed to support image is not present"

Can you advise me how to get around this. Thanks Bob

:)

RobertJessopp, Dec 29, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Dec 29, 2019
  3. I'm trying to install windows 10 in new computer from USB drive.

My computer had windows 7 already when I bought but question is, will product key right now windows 7 in my computer will work to clean install for windows 10?

My plan is download windows 10 to in my USB and activate product key with windows 7 from my computer for clean install. Will it work?

I repeat, my computer already had windows 7 when I bought computer.

Thanks.

blizzard49, Dec 29, 2019
  4. Trying to install windows 10 onto a windows 7 computer

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Hi guys,
    Okay, so I wanted to know, I currently have a pc at home with a paid Windows 7 installed. I am getting a new computer either Friday or Monday with an SSD. Seeing as I want Windows 10 now and not 7 and I want it on my SSD how to I get to do this. I already downloaded a Windows 10 file in order to make one of my flash drives eligible for a windows 10 installation.

Will it be possible for me to just install windows 10 on the new SSD with this flash drive using my Windows 7 key, whilst my original windows 7 is still installed on the old Hard drive. And if it is how to I go about deleting my old OS from the HDD, seeing as I also want to use that HDD in my new pc, without formatting all the games I have on it currently?

Thank you in advance

MichaelDFF, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

Trying to install windows 10 onto a windows 7 computer

1. Trying to install windows 10 onto a windows 7 computer - Similar Threads - Trying install onto

2. Tried to install Windows 10 computer reset to windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tried to install Windows 10 computer reset to windows 7: So I attempted to download windows 10 on an older computer and it did not go well. I got the black screen, managed to fix it computer went back to 8.1 and things were good for weeks.Computer loaded normally today until it just stopped after trying to install a firefox...
  3. Tried to install Windows 10 computer reset to windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tried to install Windows 10 computer reset to windows 7: So I attempted to download windows 10 on an older computer and it did not go well. I got the black screen, managed to fix it computer went back to 8.1 and things were good for weeks.Computer loaded normally today until it just stopped after trying to install a firefox...
  4. Trying to install windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to install windows 7: I’m trying to install windows 7 on my Lenovo ideapad 330 because of my laptop became so slow after I updated my laptop to windows 10 and when I tried to install windows 7 again, at the set up process after I installed windows 7 the laptop didn’t react to anything I’ve done so...
  5. Trying to install windows 7

Trying to install windows 7: I’m trying to install windows 7 on my Lenovo ideapad 330 because of my laptop became so slow after I updated my laptop to windows 10 and when I tried to install windows 7 again, at the set up process after I installed windows 7 the laptop didn’t react to anything I’ve done so...
  6. how can i install windows works 7 onto computer windows 10 version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i install windows works 7 onto computer windows 10 version: My computer is windows 10 how can I install windows works 7 cd it gets so far then stops and states it requires 32 bit not 64 bit whatever that means...
  7. how can i install windows works 7 onto computer windows 10 version

how can i install windows works 7 onto computer windows 10 version: My computer is windows 10 how can I install windows works 7 cd it gets so far then stops and states it requires 32 bit not 64 bit whatever that means...
  8. INSTALLATION OF WINDOWS 10 TO A WINDOWS 7 COMPUTER

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    INSTALLATION OF WINDOWS 10 TO A WINDOWS 7 COMPUTER: I was trying to install Windows 10 Home 64-bit to a Windows 7 Pro computer. And it failed each time. I made a copy of Windows 10 to a DVD-R disc. What should I do to fix this problem??...
  9. Can I install Windows 7 onto a Windows 10 desktop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I install Windows 7 onto a Windows 10 desktop?: Hi all. I've had W10 desktop since Jan & am an extremely unhappy user. Totally dissatisfied. W10 just doesn't work for me. I've spent so much time on it. Parts of software doesn't function as it shd. I've spent more time on the MS website than before, in fact, I've hardly...
  10. Installing new windows 10 onto a new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing new windows 10 onto a new computer: i just finished building a pc and im trying to install windows 10 but my product key is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-new-windows-10-onto-a-new-computer/cd131f2a-54dd-41b7-a1b7-72f7bffd7914

Users found this page by searching for:

1. install windows 10 onto windows 7 laptop