Windows 10: Trying to install windows 10 to an Asus ROG laptop's NVME drive, keep getting error.

Discus and support Trying to install windows 10 to an Asus ROG laptop's NVME drive, keep getting error. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I had formatted the laptop's Intel NVME drive. For some reason I was unable to boot from the boot disk I had made with the Iso, so I created a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DuckFuckerJoe, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Trying to install windows 10 to an Asus ROG laptop's NVME drive, keep getting error.

I had formatted the laptop's Intel NVME drive. For some reason I was unable to boot from the boot disk I had made with the Iso, so I created a windows-to-go drive with RUFUS as well and am running the installation from that. Every time I try the installation I get this error:

"Windows cannot be installed to this disk. Windows needs the driver for device [Intel Chipset SATA RAID Controller]. Click 'Load Driver' and load the required device driver. "

I've googled around and found a couple executable files to install intel drivers but each time I do it says they can't find an applicable hard drive. Even stranger, the hard drive is working fine right now and clearly isn't missing a driver for normal use. I can move and delete files on it fine.

Thanks for your time.

submitted by /u/DuckFuckerJoe
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DuckFuckerJoe, Dec 31, 2020

2. Windows 10 Version 1709 restart problem ASUS ROG logo stuck

Hi,

Problem:

Windows 10 Version 1709 restart problem ASUS ROG logo stuck

What I did:

Install Windows 10 Version 1709 through Windows 10 Update Assistant

Steps:

1. Windows 10 Update Assistant ask to Install Windows 10 Version 1709

2. Download complete successfully

3.Windows 10 Update Assistant ask to RESTART to complete Installation

4. I RESTART

5. The Laptop Boot

6. Got stuck on the ASUS ROG logo

7. Stay there for 8hs

8. Never get to start WINDOWS

9. I did a hard RESET

10. The Laptop start Restoring to a Previews Windows Version.

11. Windows starts NORMALLY

12. Windows 10 Update Assistant ask to RESTART

13. Back to step 1.

Specs:

Any Solution?

AlvaroGonzalez2, Dec 31, 2020
  3. Windows 10 installer don't detect NVMe drive

I have 2 drives:

• disk1 (SATA SSD, with Ubuntu 16.04)
      • partition1 (sda1: flag /boot)
      • partition2 (sda2: flag /home, encrypted by LUKS)
    • disk2 (NVMe SSD)

So, the goal is to install Windows 10 on disk2 and boot it from GRUB (which is on sda1).

What is the problem ?

In disk-choose step, disk2 is missing. However Ubuntu 14.04 installer "see" this disk, so I assume that is software issue, rather than my hardware.

What I tried to solve this problem ?

• loaded Samsung NVMe drivers from this thread
    • patched Windows image using DISM tool by adding 2 updates. I followed this guide
    • tried to run Windows 10 installed on USB stick to install it

All of them failed.

Please help me to solve this issue.

WojciechCe, Dec 31, 2020
  4. bpachuca Win User

Trying to install windows 10 to an Asus ROG laptop's NVME drive, keep getting error.

Upgrading Asus Rog from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Error Code 0xC1900101 - 0x3001A

Hello,

I received a new Asus Rog laptop today and first thing I wanted to do is upgrade to Widows 10. Asus advertised on device that the specs meet windows 10. I have 50.6GB free on SSD and installed all windows 8.1 updates and still getting error. Any help on
    this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

bpachuca, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

Trying to install windows 10 to an Asus ROG laptop's NVME drive, keep getting error.

1. Trying to install windows 10 to an Asus ROG laptop's NVME drive, keep getting error. - Similar Threads - Trying install Asus

2. ASUS ROG Laptop Connection Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS ROG Laptop Connection Issues: Recently just bought a new gaming laptop from Asus. Downloaded some games and immediately realized that I couldn't connect to most games and even the microsoft store, with them saying there was a connection issue.My wifi is perfectly fine, I can access apps like discord, zoom...
  3. ASUS ROG Laptop Connection Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS ROG Laptop Connection Issues: Recently just bought a new gaming laptop from Asus. Downloaded some games and immediately realized that I couldn't connect to most games and even the microsoft store, with them saying there was a connection issue.My wifi is perfectly fine, I can access apps like discord, zoom...
  4. ASUS ROG Laptop Connection Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. ASUS ROG LAPTOP WONT BOOT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS ROG LAPTOP WONT BOOT: Hello, I desperately need help as I am a student and I really need my laptop for online class. My laptop won't boot yesterday and was just stuck on the automatic repair screen. After waiting on "repairing disk files," it told me that it is unable to repair my laptop and...
  6. ASUS ROG LAPTOP WONT BOOT

ASUS ROG LAPTOP WONT BOOT: Hello, I desperately need help as I am a student and I really need my laptop for online class. My laptop won't boot yesterday and was just stuck on the automatic repair screen. After waiting on "repairing disk files," it told me that it is unable to repair my laptop and...
  7. ASUS ROG LAPTOP WONT BOOT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. lost sound in ASUS ROG laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost sound in ASUS ROG laptop: This computer has games that I never use, so I was going to uninstall something relevant in apps & features. I got some warning I think that something else needed to be done, so I cancelled. After my next reboot, I noticed videos were playing with no audio. There is no audio....
  9. lost sound in ASUS ROG laptop

lost sound in ASUS ROG laptop: This computer has games that I never use, so I was going to uninstall something relevant in apps & features. I got some warning I think that something else needed to be done, so I cancelled. After my next reboot, I noticed videos were playing with no audio. There is no audio....
  10. lost sound in ASUS ROG laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade