Windows 10: Trying to install windows 10 to SSD

Discus and support Trying to install windows 10 to SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been trying to install windows 10 to an SSD I got to upgrade my system. I created a USB with the media creation tool and when I go to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GArnold13, Nov 23, 2020.

1. GArnold13 Win User

Trying to install windows 10 to SSD

I've been trying to install windows 10 to an SSD I got to upgrade my system. I created a USB with the media creation tool and when I go to install windows it goes thru the initial steps but when my computer tries to boot from the SSD it can't. I've been looking at fixes the past 2 days but none have worked so far. I have the correct boot order, and the proper BIOs setup according to several guides. My BIOs recognizes the drive in the boot order but not as a bootable drive. Not really sure where the problem lies at this point.

:)

GArnold13, Nov 23, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Nov 23, 2020
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Trying to install windows 10 to SSD - Similar Threads - Trying install SSD

2. Windows 10 install to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install to SSD: Hi Guys, My son lives in another part of the UK, and is to say the least a technophobe, he wants to upgrade onto windows 10 but wants me to send him a SSD with windows preinstalled on it. Can I actually Install Windows 10 onto a SSD, without it doing the usual...
  3. Install Windows 10 on SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Install Windows 10 on SSD: Ok guys, this is doing my brain in! I've got an old SSD that I've salvaged from a friends pc, it's 120GB and I want to install it in a Lenovo V520. I thought I'd try the original harddrive first but a couple of things are going horribly wrong: My monitor does not recognise...
  4. Trying to migrate windows installation to new ssd.

Trying to migrate windows installation to new ssd.: When I first did this build, I installed windows on a 1tb ssd. I just got a new 2tb ssd and I want to migrate my windows installation and files to the 2tb ssd. So I cloned my 1tb to the 2tb and reset the boot priority to my 2tb. So I booted up windows and windows still...
  5. A newbie's try to install Windows 10 on a brand new SSD

A newbie's try to install Windows 10 on a brand new SSD: TLDR : Correctly moving user data from old windows HDD to new windows SSD (same PC) ? DISCLAIMER : I'm a little Frenchie so there will be mistakes, I apologize in advance for that. This is my first post here so I hope this is the right place. Basically I messed up, I just...
  6. Bios is reading new ssd but when trying to install windows 10 OS it cant find the ssd

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Bios is reading new ssd but when trying to install windows 10 OS it cant find the ssd: I just bought a Samsung 860 QVO 1TB SSD 4-bit QLC V-NAND SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive for a new pc build we have a flash drive with windows 10 on it and when we boot up the pc the bios shows that the SSD is there and recognized but when continuing the bootup...
  7. I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a new SSD drive

I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a new SSD drive: Hi Guys As of yet, I haven't installed the SSD, At the moment I'm using WinPESE x64 on the laptop, I can't use the Windows Creation Tool because I get an error message, I've download a Windows 10 (1903 x64) without the Media Creation Tool, I have a USB stick formatted,...
  8. installing SSD on Windows 10

installing SSD on Windows 10: I need to update to an SSD drive and wish to move my OS from my HDD to it please help. I upgraded from Win 8 and fear having to reinstall without any disc for Win 10. regards Dónal...
  9. windows 10 install on SSD

windows 10 install on SSD: Hello Guys, I am new here, ( first post YAY!). So right now I am running windows 7 on my C drive and it is getting full, i have 20GB left of my 981TB drive. Mostly games and other applications and I can feel that the programs are getting laggy to start, I am assuming its bc...
  10. Windows 10 installing on SSD

Windows 10 installing on SSD: How do I successfully install Windows 10 on an SSD? I currently have Windows 7 however, I have purchased my own copy of Windows 10 to install. What is the correct installation method for an SSD. 23845