Windows 10: Trying to install Windows from USB, am getting the "windows could not collect information...

Discus and support Trying to install Windows from USB, am getting the "windows could not collect information... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I downloaded the image and extracted the files onto an USB. Then I send them to someone who could not access their PC. They're getting this error.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gina20_, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Trying to install Windows from USB, am getting the "windows could not collect information...

I downloaded the image and extracted the files onto an USB.

Then I send them to someone who could not access their PC.

They're getting this error.

Any ideas how to fix it?

submitted by /u/gina20_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gina20_, Dec 1, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 1, 2020
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Trying to install Windows from USB, am getting the "windows could not collect information...

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Trying to install Windows from USB, am getting the "windows could not collect information...

1. Trying to install Windows from USB, am getting the "windows could not collect information... - Similar Threads - Trying install USB

2. System Information: "Can't Collect Information"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Information: "Can't Collect Information": I have had an issue for 2 days now where a game will not open. Crashes instantly, doesn't even show the application anywhere except the taskbar for 3 seconds. Anyways, I figured out my issue was because of something being wrong with my WMI service. I tried to test if it was...
  3. System Information: "Can't Collect Information"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Information: "Can't Collect Information": I have had an issue for 2 days now where a game will not open. Crashes instantly, doesn't even show the application anywhere except the taskbar for 3 seconds. Anyways, I figured out my issue was because of something being wrong with my WMI service. I tried to test if it was...
  4. Informed by update that I could download and install Windows 11, but could not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Informed by update that I could download and install Windows 11, but could not...: Monday, Oct. 25th, I was informed by Windows Update that I could download and install Windows 11. Countless times I tried. It would download no more than 8%, stop, and eventually just go back to telling me I could download it. On Tuesday, Oct. 26th, update no longer told me I...
  5. Informed by update that I could download and install Windows 11, but could not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Informed by update that I could download and install Windows 11, but could not...: Monday, Oct. 25th, I was informed by Windows Update that I could download and install Windows 11. Countless times I tried. It would download no more than 8%, stop, and eventually just go back to telling me I could download it. On Tuesday, Oct. 26th, update no longer told me I...
  6. Informed by update that I could download and install Windows 11, but could not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I am trying to install windows 10 from usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am trying to install windows 10 from usb: Hello I am trying to install windows 10 from usb usb I have to choose one partition to install it on I have four primary mbr partitions with partition 1 being system partition I am to convert the drive or partition to gpt to be able to install windows but I already have...
  8. Trying to boot from USB and install windows 10 but getting errors.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to boot from USB and install windows 10 but getting errors.: So I am trying install windows 10 (64) on my Asus G73Jh. I previously ran Ubuntu, and now when I try to install, I get the error 0xc00000f. After trying to use startup repair, I got error 0xc00000e9. Any help would be appreciated, I want to get this computer up and running...
  9. Hacker's trying to get information

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hacker's trying to get information: The below link is hackers trying to get information. Please help....
  10. System Information Can't collect information

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Information Can't collect information: Hello, I am getting this error( photo attached below) whenever I try to open system information. someone plz help me Fixes I have tried- Reset WMI Windows update Updating drivers Someone please help me with this issue[ATTACH]...