Windows 10: Trying to install windows on mac on external ssd usb drive

Discus and support Trying to install windows on mac on external ssd usb drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Every time after 5 minutes of boot i get this error. Any suggestions on how to fix this? System: iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) Mac OS High Sierra... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VladVul, Dec 3, 2018.

1. VladVul Win User

Trying to install windows on mac on external ssd usb drive

Every time after 5 minutes of boot i get this error. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

System: iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)

Mac OS High Sierra

Trying to install windows on mac on external ssd usb drive [​IMG]

:)

VladVul, Dec 3, 2018

2. trying to install 7 w/o optical drive or USB drive (do have an external hdd)

This method is going to be trial/error on my part but here's my stab at it:

Use the guide he linked. Substitute in step 4, DO NOT FORMAT. Pre-format the hard drive with another PC/current windows install in NTFS format, then create 2 partitions. 1 to install from and one to install to. So in step 4 I beleive all you would have to do is a "clean" "select partition XX" & "active" command.

In step 5, use virtual CD/DVD software.

EDIT:

The only problem I see with above is how are you going to install while booting? Meaning, for it to boot wouldn't you have to be external but yet must install to an internal drive?

JrRacinFan, Dec 3, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Axtremex Unveils MicroSSD Portable USB 3.0 Drive

Axtremex Technology is pleased to announce a MicroSSD, the new portable high performance external solid state drive with USB 3.0 interface. The MicroSSD is designed in a small form factor that is lightweight, durable and convenient to carry and use. It offers blazing fast data transfer rates and achieves a read speed of up to 420 MB/s and Write speed of up to 400 MB/s.

The device draws power directly from the USB port and requires no external power cord. It is also backward compatible with USB 2.0 ports. The MicroSSD will be available in 32 GB, 64 GB, 128 GB and 256 GB capacities. 512 GB and 1 TB capacities are being planned.

Trying to install windows on mac on external ssd usb drive 167a_thm.jpg

The MicroSSD is ideal for:
    • Data Storage - Backing up or storing contents onto an external USB 3.0 SSD drive such as documents, videos, Music etc.. and many more.
    • Windows To Go Boot Disk - Allows Windows 8 to boot and run from the external USB 3.0 SSD drive on computers anywhere.
    Windows 8 Enterprise can be installed and boot from the Micro SSD drive on any PC or Mac. The device will ship with a "WTG Maker" that will allow users to install licensed Windows 8 Professional onto the drive. It is easy to setup and simply plug and play to use Windows 8 on any computers or Mac.

Key Features:
    • Carry-on to anywhere without PC and laptop.
    • Easy setup and Plug & Play to use windows 8 on any computer.
    • Fully compatible with MAC and Windows OS.
    • Best performance to use Windows To Go (windows 8) feature.
    • Safe, Strong, and Zinc material.
    • Lightweight and portable design ideal for home, office and travel.
    Specifications:
    • Capacity: 32 GB / 64 GB / 128 GB / 256 GB
    • Interface: USB 3.0, backwards compatible with USB 2.0
    • Transfer Rates: Seq. Read : up to 425 MB/s; Seq. Write : up to 400 MB/s.
    • Dimension: 38 x 73 x 9.5 mm (1.5 x 2.9 x 0.37 in.)
    • Weight: 58 g / 2.05 oz
    • Operating Temperature: 0~ 70°C (32~ 158°F)

btarunr, Dec 3, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

OWC Releases New 4.0TB Aura SSD Upgrade for 2013 Mac Pro

OWC, a leading zero emissions Mac and PC technology company, announced today the immediate availability of the OWC 4.0TB Aura SSD Upgrade for the 2013-current Apple Mac Pro. The Aura SSD for Mac Pro is the first internal SSD upgrade for the 2013-current Mac Pro and debuted at CES 2015 offering up to 2.0TB of capacity. The all-new 4.0TB model shipping just in time for CES 2016 doubles the capacity available offering up to 16x the capacity of the standard factory drive and 4X the capacity of the maximum factory SSD/flash option.

The 4.0TB OWC Aura SSD for 2013-current Mac Pro (black cylinder models) includes the award-winning OWC Envoy Pro SSD enclosure, making it easy to repurpose the original factory-installed Mac Pro SSD as an elegant aluminum-body external drive for incredible portable performance. OWC also provides free how-to installation videos and a special tool needed for straightforward end user/do-it-yourself installation.

Trying to install windows on mac on external ssd usb drive 48a_thm.jpg

OWC Aura SSD for Mac Pro Upgrade Kits includes:
    • Aura SSD for Mac Pro
    • Envoy Pro SSD enclosure for the existing factory SSD (transfer data & ongoing external use)
    • Double-shielded USB 3.0 / USB 3.1 Gen 1 connecting cable for the Envoy Pro enclosure
    • Complete kit with everything needed for end user installation of the new drive into 2013 Mac Pro
    • 3 Year OWC Limited Warranty.
    Innovative, Dependable, and Designed for Mac
    Built on the time-tested Aura platform, the Aura SSD for Mac Pro is the only internal SSD upgrade solution custom engineered for current Mac Pro models. OWC SSDs feature an industry-leading suite of controller technologies to deliver longevity and dependable performance.

Upgrade Easy with OWC
    The Aura SSD for Mac Pro upgrade kit comes complete with everything users need for a simple do-it-yourself upgrade. OWC's free, comprehensive install videos guide users through the process step-by-step. Click here for the install video.

"Regardless of which size factory SSD you're replacing, an Aura SSD upgrade gives you significantly more space to work, create, and express," said Larry O'Connor, OWC Founder and CEO. "Users can edit and store enormous photo, music and video libraries, and improve their efficiency in creative workflows. Such a huge internal SSD/Flash capacity boost gives you the freedom to do so much more on your Mac Pro."

Availability and Pricing
    The 4.0TB Aura SSD for Mac Pro is priced at $2,128.00 and is available now for same-day shipping at http://eshop.macsales.com/item/OWC/SSDA13MP4.0K/.

The other drives in the Aura line for Mac Pros are priced as follows:
    • 1.0TB version - $895.00
    • 2.0TB version - $1,447.99

btarunr, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Trying to install windows on mac on external ssd usb drive - Similar Threads - Trying install mac

2. External USB-SSD drive not accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External USB-SSD drive not accessible: Hi,I have an SSD disk 2.5" size. I have been using it as an external harddrive for a while. There are important data on it.I have not been using it for a while, After latest access to that SSD I have reinstalled my OS to my computer, I am not sure if this is related to my...
  3. External USB-SSD drive not accessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External USB-SSD drive not accessible: Hi,I have an SSD disk 2.5" size. I have been using it as an external harddrive for a while. There are important data on it.I have not been using it for a while, After latest access to that SSD I have reinstalled my OS to my computer, I am not sure if this is related to my...
  4. external SSD USB drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external SSD USB drive: hello community; I have a NEW Dell desktop PC, my OS is windows 10 pro. I have an SSD USB external drive for my backup PC generated important files. Recently when I was about to access the external drive an error box opened in the bottom right corner of my screen which reads...
  5. external SSD USB drive

external SSD USB drive: hello community; I have a NEW Dell desktop PC, my OS is windows 10 pro. I have an SSD USB external drive for my backup PC generated important files. Recently when I was about to access the external drive an error box opened in the bottom right corner of my screen which reads...
  6. external SSD USB drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Install Windows on external drive using a Mac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install Windows on external drive using a Mac: So my Windows desktop took a **** after an update and after troubleshooting I need to reinstall Windows on the hard drive but I only have a Macbook Air M1 chip. Can this be done? I have the drive attached as an external drive to the Mac laptop, but not sure what to do next....
  8. Install Windows on external drive using a Mac

Install Windows on external drive using a Mac: So my Windows desktop took a **** after an update and after troubleshooting I need to reinstall Windows on the hard drive but I only have a Macbook Air M1 chip. Can this be done? I have the drive attached as an external drive to the Mac laptop, but not sure what to do next....
  9. substitute USB Flash Drive with USB external SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    substitute USB Flash Drive with USB external SSD?: Can this be done to create Windows install media? Thanks! *Smile 167579
  10. Using One External USB Drive For Both Windows And Mac

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using One External USB Drive For Both Windows And Mac: I need to format an external USB drive to use in both windows and Mac. Which of the two scenarios below would be the better format? SCENARIO ONE Format the drive in Mac computer to one single (partition) drive: Format = ExFAT Scheme = GUID Partition Map SCENARIO TWO Split...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. samsung ssd t5 install

2. windows 10 pro from samsung t5 ssd