Windows 10: Trying to install Windows Store app *Hard way*

Discus and support Trying to install Windows Store app *Hard way* in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; OK, because I am having trouble downloading/installing Gears of War 4 from the Store, I downloaded the entire file with fiddler and used PowerShell to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NoelNarayan, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Trying to install Windows Store app *Hard way*

OK, because I am having trouble downloading/installing Gears of War 4 from the Store, I downloaded the entire file with fiddler and used PowerShell to install the app package.

But for some reason, powershell keeps installing it to "D:\" drive but I have changed the default install path of apps all to "C:" drive.

Why does the game keep installing to "D:" drive then and how do I force it to install to C:

:)

NoelNarayan, Sep 28, 2018

2. Unable to install Apps downloaded from Windows Store

Hi, Vinesh.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if the issue occurs.

Step 1: Run App Troubleshooter.

Note: The troubleshooter automatically fixes some issues that might prevent your apps from running, including suboptimal screen resolution and incorrect security or account settings.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left pane.
    • Click on “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Step 2:

If the issue persist, I would suggest that you un-install and re-install the app from Windows Store.

Note: Exit store when trying to re-install the app.

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 28, 2018
  3. Windows Store to Pack "Mature" Games and Apps

They announce this right after they said weren't going to carry any of it... Ya think some investors told them to stfu and take money? *Laugh :laugh:

I wonder how long it will be before you can't install noncertified apps? The app store is the 1st stepping stone. Although, you'd have to be an idiot to give 30% to these clowns.

TheGuruStud, Sep 28, 2018
  4. Trying to install Windows Store app *Hard way*

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

Trying to install Windows Store app *Hard way*

1. Trying to install Windows Store app *Hard way* - Similar Threads - Trying install Store

2. Is there a way to change installation FOLDER not drive for MS Store apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to change installation FOLDER not drive for MS Store apps?: The only setting I've found allows you to change the installation drive, but it won't let you choose a specific folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-change-installation-folder-not/8f09fd77-4b72-475a-ad9d-e3494bbda715
  3. Is there a way to change installation FOLDER not drive for MS Store apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to change installation FOLDER not drive for MS Store apps?: The only setting I've found allows you to change the installation drive, but it won't let you choose a specific folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-change-installation-folder-not/8f09fd77-4b72-475a-ad9d-e3494bbda715
  4. Is there a way to change installation FOLDER not drive for MS Store apps?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Xbox (gamepass) windows store app not displaying installed apps. Is there a way to scan for...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox (gamepass) windows store app not displaying installed apps. Is there a way to scan for...: I recently noticed that all my games are missing in the Xbox app for Windows 10, but are still accessible through windows search and are still in the WindowsApps folder. Does anyone know how to fix this? Is it an update or have I done something wrong submitted by...
  6. Installing Xbox Accessories app without the Store (Is there a way?)

Installing Xbox Accessories app without the Store (Is there a way?): Basically I just did a new installation of Windows yesterday and tweaked it. I found a really cheap xbox elite controller that will be arriving soon, and I have seen that you actually need to use the Xbox Accessories app to modify what the paddles do. Is there a way I could...
  7. Is there a way to install an older version windows store app? Instagram

Is there a way to install an older version windows store app? Instagram: I found the Instagram app auto-upgraded, and it lost many features, so I want to reinstall an older version submitted by /u/zlp3817 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fdpadk/is_there_a_way_to_install_an_older_version/
  8. Can't Install Apps From Windows Store, Tried Everything.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't Install Apps From Windows Store, Tried Everything.: I have not been able to download any apps or games or updates from the Microsoft Store. When I go to install a game, it says "Preparing Install," then gives me an error code, "Code: 0x80072F8F". Sometimes when I click the install button nothing happens at all. I have tried...
  9. Is there a way to backup Windows Store apps or games?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is there a way to backup Windows Store apps or games?: Games like Forza Horizon 4 take more than 3 days to download. I tried installing it on another drive besides the Windows disk, but when I switched computers, it just started downloading it all over again. Fortunately this is the only game I bought from Windows Store, but...
  10. Windows Store crashes when trying to install an app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store crashes when trying to install an app: I don't even get an error message. Just up and closes. I've been trying to install Killer Instinct for ages now. I'm signed into the store with an MS account. I don't even remember all my steps or everything I've done. I've spent the last night and a half just trying...