Windows 10: Trying to install windows XP on windows 10 via Hyper V.

Discus and support Trying to install windows XP on windows 10 via Hyper V. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Trying to install windows XP on windows 10 via Hyper V. I have it all set up but when I press enter to begin installing windows xp it goes into setup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by andy burky, Nov 25, 2022.

1. Trying to install windows XP on windows 10 via Hyper V.

Trying to install windows XP on windows 10 via Hyper V. I have it all set up but when I press enter to begin installing windows xp it goes into setup and does not allow me to press F8 key to accept the EULA. Any tips on why this key does not work? It works elsewhere on the computer so it is not the key board. I have installed it as a generation 1 virtual machine and am trying to boot from an iso file of windows xp.

:)

andy burky, Nov 25, 2022

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 25, 2022
  3. Steve C Win User
    Issues installing & running Windows XP SP3 in Hyper V

I'm playing around with Windows XP as a VM in Hyper V for reasons I won't go into. I have a bootable Windows XP SP3 CD I created some time ago. I've hit the following issues.

1. I can install XP from the CD but Hyper V seems to want access to the bootable CD whenever the VM is restarted. It would be faster to use an ISO file stored on a SSD. I've tried various ways to create a bootable ISO file from my CD but failed. What's the best way of creating an ISO file which will install XP and run under Hyper V?
    2. I installed a virtual switch using a legacy network adapter but cannot connect the VM to the internet. Has anyone done this and what are the key steps? Is it safe to use XP to connect to internet from Hyper V?
    3. I mounted the VM's .vhdx file to copy over some programs to test but this broke the VM's virtual drive configuration on restarting the VM. What's the best way to transfer files to the VM from elsewhere on my PC?

Steve C, Nov 25, 2022
  4. MarkY1166 Win User

Trying to install windows XP on windows 10 via Hyper V.

Product key for XP not working in Hyper V

But my point is, the CD key I'm entering CAME OFF THE WINDOWS XP disc! ...WHY and how would or could that not be valid , since it came off the actual disc? Plus, why would Hyper V not be compatible with XP, since one of the very purposes of Hyper V is
    to possibly run OLDER OS's thru it, for compatibility testing,etc. Lastly, there are actual step by step tutorials with pictures where guys are using Hyper V to run XP et al on Windows 10, so there's that...

MarkY1166, Nov 25, 2022
Thema:

Trying to install windows XP on windows 10 via Hyper V.

1. Trying to install windows XP on windows 10 via Hyper V. - Similar Threads - Trying install via

2. Is it possible to put windows XP on windows 10 via Hyper V?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to put windows XP on windows 10 via Hyper V?: Is it possible to put windows XP on windows 10 via Hyper V? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-put-windows-xp-on-windows-10-via/949c69ff-eda5-441e-b376-0aa785d28b5e
  3. Is it possible to put windows XP on windows 10 via Hyper V?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to put windows XP on windows 10 via Hyper V?: Is it possible to put windows XP on windows 10 via Hyper V? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-put-windows-xp-on-windows-10-via/949c69ff-eda5-441e-b376-0aa785d28b5e
  4. How to install windows XP on Windows 10 via Hyper V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install windows XP on Windows 10 via Hyper V: I have everything configured but when i start the virtual machine it does not let me use the page down key on the EULA or the F8 key to accept the EULA and continue installing Windows XP. I am installing windows XP Service pack 3 on Gen 1 virtual machine. Any one out there...
  5. How to install windows XP on Windows 10 via Hyper V

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install windows XP on Windows 10 via Hyper V: I have everything configured but when i start the virtual machine it does not let me use the page down key on the EULA or the F8 key to accept the EULA and continue installing Windows XP. I am installing windows XP Service pack 3 on Gen 1 virtual machine. Any one out there...
  6. How to install windows XP on Windows 10 via Hyper V

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Trying to install windows XP on windows 10 via Hyper V.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to install windows XP on windows 10 via Hyper V.: Trying to install windows XP on windows 10 via Hyper V. I have it all set up but when I press enter to begin installing windows xp it goes into setup and does not allow me to press F8 key to accept the EULA. Any tips on why this key does not work? It works elsewhere on the...
  8. Create Windows XP on Windows 10 with Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Create Windows XP on Windows 10 with Hyper-V: I have a Windows 10 Pro v2004 64-bit system on which I want to install Windows XP in a virtual drive. The source for Windows XP is a DVD created from my MSDN subscription ISO file. Using Hyper-V quick create I have a VXD which now requires the OS install. When I insert...
  9. Hyper-V, Windows XP, how to enable sound?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V, Windows XP, how to enable sound?: Hi, I just created a virtual machine with Windows XP. Now I'd like to get the sound working in the virtual machine. But I can't see how. Can anyone help, please? 30409
  10. Configuring sound with Windows 98 and XP on Hyper-V.

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Configuring sound with Windows 98 and XP on Hyper-V.: I have them both set up, but I don't seem to have any options to enable any sound in the hardware section of Hyper-V. Is it not possible to use these operating systems with sound? I used to use Windows Virtual PC 2007 and sound worked perfectly on those, both on 98 and XP....