Windows 10: Trying to join family as a child and getting this error: Sorry, something went wrong. We're...

Discus and support Trying to join family as a child and getting this error: Sorry, something went wrong. We're... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Tried multiple times on different devices with same error so not OS related. Any idea ?... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MKTJF, May 18, 2020.

1. MKTJF Win User

Trying to join family as a child and getting this error: Sorry, something went wrong. We're...

Tried multiple times on different devices with same error so not OS related.

Any idea ?

:)

MKTJF, May 18, 2020
  2. Noor_Azam Win User

Something went wrong message when my child clicks join family link in the email.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is the Child account a Microsoft account?

The issue might be due to the age verification, hence I suggest you to verify the child’s age by logging in with child’s account on
    account.microsoft.com/family and verify the age.

I also suggest you to refer the article
    Add members to your family group to get more information on adding members to your family account.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, May 18, 2020
  3. Child is getting an error when trying to accept invitation for joining a family

Hi Vinz,

I already did this. It was during this process that an invite email was generated and sent to my daughter's account. The problem is that until she accepts this invite, her account is in the "Child, Pending" state, which means that it isn't managed yet, and
    she can't accept the invite since for some reason she is getting the "To join this family you'll need to leave the Microsoft family you're already in" error I mentioned above.

YHaimovich, May 18, 2020
  4. Vinodh.V Win User

Trying to join family as a child and getting this error: Sorry, something went wrong. We're...

Vinodh.V, May 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Trying to join family as a child and getting this error: Sorry, something went wrong. We're... - Similar Threads - Trying join family

2. sorry something went wrong we're not sure what happened error message when trying to access...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sorry something went wrong we're not sure what happened error message when trying to access...: Hi all.I am lost for words at the moment, how can I get past this? This is an issue if I ever need to use the recovery key for my Windows devices.Anyone got any ideas? Been happening for days now! If the category is incorrect I apologise there is no category for this.This...
  3. sorry something went wrong we're not sure what happened error message when trying to access...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sorry something went wrong we're not sure what happened error message when trying to access...: Hi all.I am lost for words at the moment, how can I get past this? This is an issue if I ever need to use the recovery key for my Windows devices.Anyone got any ideas? Been happening for days now! If the category is incorrect I apologise there is no category for this.This...
  4. Microsoft Store error message "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again."

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Store error message "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again.": Microsoft Store is producing an error message "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again." I see this when trying to write/edit a review. Also, some of my apps are showing the same message....
  5. sorry something went wrong couldn't turn on the camera

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    sorry something went wrong couldn't turn on the camera: Hi I am used Microsoft Surface labtop3, I few week ago Window hello used face logon it still work propoly. After update patch Window10, Face logon it not work. I try to remove Window hellp face and set up again . It cannot setup after key PIN and then shown "sorry...
  6. search in Chrome gets "sorry something went wrong..."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    search in Chrome gets "sorry something went wrong...": Every search I do in Chrome does not do the search but issues message "sorry something went wrong at our end..." I open a new tab and the message is repeated. I've cleared browsing data, reset settings. No joy. Any suggestions? Thanks. SweetTasha....
  7. Something went wrong message when my child clicks join family link in the email.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Something went wrong message when my child clicks join family link in the email.: Can someone help me with this. I have sent invite to my kid to join Microsoft family, she got the email with the link. But when clicking on it it gives her error "sorry something went wrong" Nothing seems to help with this. We even went ahead and got her new email and created...
  8. Sorry, something went wrong. Microsoft Rewards issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Sorry, something went wrong. Microsoft Rewards issue: When I try to redeem a $5 Starbucks Gift Card, it gives me the following message: Sorry, something went wrong. We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while. Please help....
  9. Family features something went wrong

Family features something went wrong: Anyone use or notice this since feature update? On every restart box pops up ‘Microsoft family features something went wrong, we are working on it’. Affects all our machines 109111
  10. Family features something went wrong

Family features something went wrong: Am thinking it’s more widespread and the problem is on Microsoft’s end because several of my family and friends are seeing the same. They have their own family acc setups. Nothing to do with mine EDIT where did the reply post go from the other user? Makes it look like I am...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. something went wrong error settong ip fsmily link

2. sorry something went wrong adding family

3. error message when trying to joint family sorry something went wrong. were not sure what happened but refreshing