Windows 10: Trying to kill a process through command prompt forcefully but this message comes up

Discus and support Trying to kill a process through command prompt forcefully but this message comes up in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; ERROR: The process "SAntivirusClient.exe" with PID 11720 could not be terminated. Reason: Access is denied. Is there any way to change this? I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sage_of_Shadowdale, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Trying to kill a process through command prompt forcefully but this message comes up

ERROR: The process "SAntivirusClient.exe" with PID 11720 could not be terminated.

Reason: Access is denied.

Is there any way to change this? I have all Admin settings turned on and stuff I believe.

submitted by /u/Sage_of_Shadowdale
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sage_of_Shadowdale, Oct 22, 2020
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

4. Trying to kill a process through command prompt forcefully but this message comes up

Non-existent process needs killing!

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

I would like to inform you that, sometimes task manager doesn't kill the process. It's also possible to kill processes from command line with
    'taskkill'.

taskkill /im process-name /f
    taskkill /pid process-id /f

This can be done by clicking Windows logo+x and selecting Command prompt (admin).

if issue persist, I suggest you to boot in safe mode and check if that helps.

Check the link below to boot in safe mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further assistance.

Swathi Ravichandran, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Trying to kill a process through command prompt forcefully but this message comes up

1. Trying to kill a process through command prompt forcefully but this message comes up - Similar Threads - Trying kill process

2. Command Prompt Pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt Pop up: I've been having issues with a command prompt popping up at random times. I've done some searching and found what I believe to be the culprit- Thru the use of powershell : Get-ScheduledTask Get-ScheduledTaskInfo select TaskName, TaskPath, LastRunTime out-gridviewI found that...
  3. Command Prompt Pop up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command Prompt Pop up: I've been having issues with a command prompt popping up at random times. I've done some searching and found what I believe to be the culprit- Thru the use of powershell : Get-ScheduledTask Get-ScheduledTaskInfo select TaskName, TaskPath, LastRunTime out-gridviewI found that...
  4. Stop processes associated with a service through Command Prompt on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stop processes associated with a service through Command Prompt on startup: Hello, I am having an issue where a service, AppXSvc, is causing explorer.exe to go into a crash loop on startup. The only workarounds I have found are either disabling the AppXSvc service through the registry, or to open Task Manager when explorer starts crashing, go into...
  5. Commands on command prompt are showing up as "not recognized"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Commands on command prompt are showing up as "not recognized": I executed some commands like ipconfig,netsh, cipher, etc etc but they all showed up as "not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file". I have worked with these commands before and they were working properly until today. What could be the...
  6. How to kill a Process using Command Line in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to kill a Process using Command Line in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows 10 offers Task Manager not only to understand which program or application is taking how much of the resource, but it allows you to […] This article How to kill a Process using Command Line in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Command Prompt acting up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command Prompt acting up.: Command prompt is acting weird lately. It started ~2-3 weeks ago. Whats happening is that the console window that pops up is full black with no text. Bringing up the Properties or Defaults menu and changing the colors there doesn't help. What does help is the command "color...
  8. Command Prompt pops up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command Prompt pops up: For the last week I have Command Prompt popping up on start up and as quickly it goes. Could it be a Microsoft update ? Operating W10 with the latest updates. I have tried all the suggestions I can find in Microsoft and Google with no luck so far ?...
  9. Trying to copy with command prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to copy with command prompt: I've been trying for hours now, with copy, xcopy and robocopy, to just copy one file from my hard drive to a thumb drive. I can't even get it to copy it from the desktop, to the desktop. I've tried I think 40 or 50 different combinations, based on different articles that I'm...
  10. Command prompt pop up

in Windows 10 Support
    Command prompt pop up: Hi, for a while now i been having an issue with command prompt. The command prompt will randomly pop up and close immediately. i have had this issue for a while but it didn't really effect me. Recently ive been playing a lot of games and the command prompt will tab me out of...