Windows 10: trying to load new copy of windows 10 on a linux machine, any one done this?

Discus and support trying to load new copy of windows 10 on a linux machine, any one done this? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; trying to load windows 10 on a linux machine any help would be appreciated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DavidSLOTT, Sep 10, 2019.

1. trying to load new copy of windows 10 on a linux machine, any one done this?

trying to load windows 10 on a linux machine any help would be appreciated

:)

DavidSLOTT, Sep 10, 2019
  2. xkm1948 Win User

Install Linux in a Windows 10 Virtual Machine?

What is a good virtual machine software I can use to setup a Linux environment? I am having too much trouble dual booting Mint with my Windows 10. Is there a quick way to setup up VM for Linux?

xkm1948, Sep 10, 2019
  3. acha_988 Win User
    Connect to Windows 10 Pro from a Linux Machine on the same network

I have a linux box running Scientific Linux 6.9 and trying to connect to a Windows 10 Pro machine. Get an error --

ERROR: rcv: Connection reset by peer

I can connect to this machine from another windows machine, the trouble is when trying to connect from a linux machine.

I heard from some one that something special has to be turned on in the registry to make this work. So far no luck. Any suggestions?

acha_988, Sep 10, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

trying to load new copy of windows 10 on a linux machine, any one done this?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

trying to load new copy of windows 10 on a linux machine, any one done this?

1. trying to load new copy of windows 10 on a linux machine, any one done this? - Similar Threads - trying load copy

2. Is it possible to install a new copy of Windows 10 Home on a PC running Linux?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to install a new copy of Windows 10 Home on a PC running Linux?: I have an HP laptop purchased at a pawn shop with Linux Mint installed. Is it possible to reformat and install a Windows 10 Home x64 bit ISO to a USB drive and install it? Also, please advise how to pay for a license for the copy of Windows 10.Thank you,David L *** Email...
  3. Is it possible to install a new copy of Windows 10 Home on a PC running Linux?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to install a new copy of Windows 10 Home on a PC running Linux?: I have an HP laptop purchased at a pawn shop with Linux Mint installed. Is it possible to reformat and install a Windows 10 Home x64 bit ISO to a USB drive and install it? Also, please advise how to pay for a license for the copy of Windows 10.Thank you,David L *** Email...
  4. copying w10 to a new machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    copying w10 to a new machine: I seem to recall a license for W10 allowing you to place the OS on two devices at once.My old machine is temporarily inaccessible and I have a new laptop I'd like to set up with the platform. How can I do this?...
  5. Can't install Windows 10 on a Linux machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install Windows 10 on a Linux machine: Hi, I am trying to install Windows to my Linux ext4 drive. I have a bootable USB stick, however, X:\setup.exe is not detecting either of my drives, one is a NTFS HDD and the other is an EXT4 SSD. How can I fix this?...
  6. Running Linux with a virtual machine inside Windows 10 machine

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Running Linux with a virtual machine inside Windows 10 machine: Hi and question: If I run a virtual machine inside my windows 10 machine, does all the telemetry, keystroke logging, etc. still happen while inside the VM? Example: If I run Linux Mint in a VM with Windows 10 as the host computer, does Windows (Microsoft) get all the...
  7. Copy machine to machine.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Copy machine to machine.: Used to be ! I run a few W-10 here and I like to keep some of them "twins", specially my Documents. It used to be that I could save all of this folder onto a small RAM and then copy it back to another Documents on any other machine. No mas ! When it was possible, it would...
  8. Reinstall windows on Linux machine

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstall windows on Linux machine: Hello, long time Linux user I have not spent much time on windows in years but I have a new cnc machine that I will be better off with windows on. So I have a laptop that is perfect for this it is a 14 inch Lenovo think pad. I removed windows and I did not back any of it up....
  9. Copy files from Windows machine to Linux machine

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy files from Windows machine to Linux machine: Hi All, I wanted to copy a folder of files from windows EC2 to Linux EC2, I have tried pscp but it is asking pem key file to validate, its in production so i dont wanted to use that. I am using both the machines in windows AD, so is there way to validate the authentication...
  10. New machine with windows 10 fail to load many websites.

in Browsers and Email
    New machine with windows 10 fail to load many websites.: Last week I got my new laptop, which I imidiately upgraded to windows10. My problem is that some (a lot) websites will not load. On my old machine the sites loads fine, and I can even ping them on my new machine, but the will not load in my browser (I have tried both...