Windows 10: trying to load win 10 install tool

Discus and support trying to load win 10 install tool in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; trying to load win 10 install tool keep getting no wimgapi.dll. on computor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PeteFitzpatrick, Apr 29, 2020.

1. trying to load win 10 install tool

trying to load win 10 install tool keep getting no wimgapi.dll. on computor

:)

PeteFitzpatrick, Apr 29, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Trying to install win seven on Raptor X

so you have a drive in place with W7 7600 on it hooked up while trying to load the WD all this time?

could be a conflict if so.

If not I suggest going to WD's site and getting the tools for their HDD's, wipe the drive, then format it, then test it all with their tools...look for issues.

My honest guess here from all the troubleshooting is that you have a screwed up MBR on the disc.

sneekypeet, Apr 29, 2020
  4. NGeo Win User

trying to load win 10 install tool

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

Thema:

trying to load win 10 install tool

1. trying to load win 10 install tool - Similar Threads - trying load install

2. trying to install win 10 with media creation tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    trying to install win 10 with media creation tool: I downloaded the media creation tool on an laptop with win 8.1 and want to install win 10. The problem is, it asks me what to keep, i tried all the different selections, then it goes to checking for updates. After it is done it asks me again what to keep and then goes to...
  3. Trying and failing to install Win 10

Trying and failing to install Win 10: Trying and failing to install Win 10 on win 7 installaTION started and faced with boot failure everytime https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-and-failing-to-install-win-10/c61bd241-7200-462a-8f2f-d401b90f4e3a
  4. Tried the Win Refresh Tool but gives error.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tried the Win Refresh Tool but gives error.: So i'm trying to do a fresh windows install via "Refresh Tool" from windows website but, after the initial setup finishes( downloading , verifying and creating media) shows a frame with the windows logo then shortly after an error message pops saying "Setup couldnt start...
  5. Replaced dead hard drive, Win 10 Creation Tool not loading

Replaced dead hard drive, Win 10 Creation Tool not loading: Replaced dead hard disk w Toshib’s recommended, told BIOS to load windows 10 Creation Tool from usb, no go. Followed community help re partitions, volumes, to do clean install, NOW: “checking media fail”. What do I do now?...
  6. Win 10 USB install fails to load drivers

Win 10 USB install fails to load drivers: Hi everyone, Long time Mac user switching back to PC here. I'm stuck installing Windows at the very beginning, before choosing any drive to install to. I've made a USB bootable installer, which loads, and takes me to a "windows needs to load drivers" message right after...
  7. win 10 not loading

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    win 10 not loading: Hi, win 10 will not log on computer. i get to screen before welcome and it will not let me go further. self repair will not work. i try to reset computer and it says not enough disk space when win is in stalled. please help! i did just install a new motherboard and...
  8. installing win 10 with img from media tool

installing win 10 with img from media tool: i decided to reinstall everything starting with windows 7 then upgrading or using the free upgrade that i initialy used to get windows 10. but it seems that offer is no longer on the start menu bar \ task bar. i have the img of windows 10 pro burned from media creation...
  9. Media Creation Tool is stuck on 0% when i try to install win 10 on usb

Media Creation Tool is stuck on 0% when i try to install win 10 on usb: Before you answer this i would also like to know if there is any way to upgrade from windows 7 enterprise? If there isnt can you tell me why this wont move its been on 0% for 2 hours now! Thanks Paul [img] 10865
  10. Tried to install Win 10 Preview problem

Tried to install Win 10 Preview problem: Have a Samsung 1-T EVO SSD with Win 8.1 Pro. I downloaded the latest Win 10 technical preview and downloaded it to my C: drive which is the EVO SSD. Formatted a new USB media drive and once the download was done I I opened up the download of the Win 10 and dragged all the...