Windows 10: Trying to log into a Microsoft account, get's an error that says "You must be online the...

Discus and support Trying to log into a Microsoft account, get's an error that says "You must be online the... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 Pro PC. Also made a local account and a dummy Microsoft account and tried to go to Settings> Accounts > and "Sign in with a... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Johann Capulong, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Trying to log into a Microsoft account, get's an error that says "You must be online the...

I have a Windows 10 Pro PC.

Also made a local account and a dummy Microsoft account and tried to go to Settings> Accounts > and "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" and I'm getting the error message: "Oops something went wrong".

1. I've downloaded and ran the Microsoft accounts Troubleshooter

2. Logged into https://account.microsoft.com and is now sure that it's not incorrect password.

3. Done Windows Network Diagnostics

4. I don't have a 3rd party anti virus

5. Tried to log on another computer and it actually works fine.

:)

Johann Capulong, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Geethu B Win User

Problems logging in to account

Hi Suzanne,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with logging in to Microsoft Account. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the complete error message you get while logging in to Microsoft Account?

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect Microsoft Account Settings.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to sign in to your Microsoft Account directly and check if you face any issues.

How do I sign in to my Microsoft account?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/sign-in-how

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try the steps in the article which will help you to identify and fix some problems with the
    Microsoft Account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/sign-in-cant

Note: Try the steps which you have not tried before.

To resolve the issue related to Microsoft Office 2016, I suggest you to post the query in Microsoft Office 2016 forums.

Results in Office - Microsoft Community

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Aug 4, 2019
  3. Teokute Win User
    Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Trying to log into a Microsoft account, get's an error that says "You must be online the... :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Aug 4, 2019
  4. Trying to log into a Microsoft account, get's an error that says "You must be online the...

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

Trying to log into a Microsoft account, get's an error that says "You must be online the...

1. Trying to log into a Microsoft account, get's an error that says "You must be online the... - Similar Threads - Trying log Microsoft

2. getting "password is incorrect" trying to log into microsoft account instead of local account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    getting "password is incorrect" trying to log into microsoft account instead of local account.: It is a completely fresh install on a completely wiped drive. I have gone through all steps I could find regarding this. Last I tried was messing with netplwiz and that process before I gave in and just started from fresh. only to have the same problem. The big issue is, I...
  3. getting "password is incorrect" trying to log into microsoft account instead of local account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    getting "password is incorrect" trying to log into microsoft account instead of local account.: It is a completely fresh install on a completely wiped drive. I have gone through all steps I could find regarding this. Last I tried was messing with netplwiz and that process before I gave in and just started from fresh. only to have the same problem. The big issue is, I...
  4. When i try to log into my Microsoft account i keep getting this error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i try to log into my Microsoft account i keep getting this error: I'm trying to log into my Microsoft account but whenever i enter the password it keeps saying "something went wrong please try again later 0x80190001" does anyone know the solution to this problem?...
  5. When i try to log into my Microsoft account i keep getting this error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When i try to log into my Microsoft account i keep getting this error: I'm trying to log into my Microsoft account but whenever i enter the password it keeps saying "something went wrong please try again later 0x80190001" does anyone know the solution to this problem?...
  6. my system is showing an error "you must be online the first time to complete your account...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my system is showing an error "you must be online the first time to complete your account...: my wife can sign on into her account, but i cant. how do i get into my account??? my system is showing an error "you must be online the first time to complete your account setup " in window 10...
  7. Stuck on lockscreen - error: you must be online the first time to complete account set up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck on lockscreen - error: you must be online the first time to complete account set up: HELP! I’m stuck at the lockscreen with an error “You must be online the first time to complete account setup” what happened: - I was trying to add my computer/device on my microsoft account since i am accessing the microsoft store the first time. I tried to switch to local...
  8. you must be online the first time to complete your account setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    you must be online the first time to complete your account setup: Microsoft & Adobe think I am not connected to the internet when I am. It is not the firewall, I had 2 techs from Adobe try and fault find only to give up in the end and refund the cost of the software I was trying to install. Now I have the same issue with Microsoft. I...
  9. When I try to login to my account on Microsoft store it says "lets get you signed in" and...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    When I try to login to my account on Microsoft store it says "lets get you signed in" and...: When I try to login to my account on Microsoft store it says "lets get you signed in" and has a continue button, after pressing it it does nothing except closing the window. This happened after recently resetting my pc....
  10. Log in errors - You must log out first...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log in errors - You must log out first...: I've a new computer (all in one desktop) and every single time I log in it comes up with this error... so it logs me out and when I log in again it's with a NEW temporary account.... I'm so frustrated... I personally have two Microsoft accounts (home and work) and my...