Windows 10: trying to login 1st account but now only get option for 2nd, and it wont work service...

Discus and support trying to login 1st account but now only get option for 2nd, and it wont work service... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; i used a regular login, then i changed to MS account. i had a 2nd acct, like NOT admin priv, so now when I boot up my HP*** laptop, I only get the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MarlisR, Feb 7, 2020.

1. MarlisR Win User

trying to login 1st account but now only get option for 2nd, and it wont work service...

i used a regular login, then i changed to MS account. i had a 2nd acct, like NOT admin priv, so now when I boot up my HP*** laptop, I only get the second acct as opposed to before I had both on lower left. when I enter correct into, it tells me "cant create profile" and I have changed passwords too as it instructs me to do. I assume while it boots up, I have to press a function key or F8, but I know Dell, not HP, and also not too much of Win 10. i dont even kow how to "right click" using the pad in order to see if there are other options. And, my family has 5 computer all with differrent OS and hald Dell, half HP, and the same user logins on various computers in different states, as well as Androis and Apple phones. a mess. i actually thought outlook was a fake domain, so i have no idea where a response will be sent. the gmail acct is also linked to another and the wrong person gets alerts and I only used a cell # for text approval of outlook acct, but it wasnt my phone.

:)

MarlisR, Feb 7, 2020
  2. xfire Win User

Windows Login fail

It doesn't even get to the login screen. It has only an Admin account. This is the 2nd time its happening after running repair once. Maybe I'll try Vista on it if links given by Ahhzz doesn't work.

xfire, Feb 7, 2020
  3. debgram Win User
    Microsoft account login does not work

For several weeks I have tried to login to my windows account, keeps telling my password is wrong, reset password, then go to second step tells me password is wrong. I keep resetting and and it says it was successful but then when I go to use it, it says it's wrong. I can't even try adding the extensions to Edge because of the password, you have to login to your account.

debgram, Feb 7, 2020
  4. tfwul Win User

trying to login 1st account but now only get option for 2nd, and it wont work service...

Can I safely delete this 2nd account

@Brink
    As a follow up - my solution has been the following
    The account used on my 2nd PC was the one listed under "Email, Calendar and contacts", see my very first screenshot.
    I could not remove or change that account. Period.
    Solution (in my case) was to reset Windows on my 2nd pc and change the username, userID, etc. to be the same as on
    my 1st PC.
    Now, on 1st PC the name/email address under "Email, Calendar and contacts" are the same as 'admin' at the top of Settings->Accounts.

Matter now solved, the use of the 'alias' on my 2nd pc was holding me back of deleting it.

=

trying to login 1st account but now only get option for 2nd, and it wont work service... [​IMG]

=

tfwul, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

1. trying to login 1st account but now only get option for 2nd, and it wont work service... - Similar Threads - trying login 1st

2. Will the data and account from the 1st laptop also delete on my 2nd?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will the data and account from the 1st laptop also delete on my 2nd?: I have 2 laptops with the exact same microsoft account and my question is that: if I remove all my data and account on the 1st laptop will it also delete it on my 2nd laptop?...
  3. Will the data and account from the 1st laptop also delete on my 2nd?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will the data and account from the 1st laptop also delete on my 2nd?: I have 2 laptops with the exact same microsoft account and my question is that: if I remove all my data and account on the 1st laptop will it also delete it on my 2nd laptop?...
  4. 2nd Display Shows Same Background as 1st only on Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd Display Shows Same Background as 1st only on Startup: On windows 10 I have 2 monitors a 1920 x 1080 and a 2560 x 1440. I set up my monitors to slideshow through about 3 dozen different images, with different images on each monitor that stretch to fit the monitor. But every time I turn my computer on the second monitor will only...
  5. 2nd Display Shows Same Background as 1st only on Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd Display Shows Same Background as 1st only on Startup: On windows 10 I have 2 monitors a 1920 x 1080 and a 2560 x 1440. I set up my monitors to slideshow through about 3 dozen different images, with different images on each monitor that stretch to fit the monitor. But every time I turn my computer on the second monitor will only...
  6. 2nd Display Shows Same Background as 1st only on Startup

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. 1st Boot Fails, 2nd Boot Works (Bios?)

in Windows 10 Support
    1st Boot Fails, 2nd Boot Works (Bios?): Greetings, So over the last weeks I tried Ubuntu Mate and Zorin. I installed each OS on my Mini PC twice and although interesting they weren't stable enough to switch to. I then installed Win10 again and it's actually zippy and works fine. Except for -- -- a strange booting...
  8. 2nd Round, 1st didn't take

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    2nd Round, 1st didn't take: Please help, see original post and replies. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/bsod-help/e419fc04-c640-4f78-82e7-95da67ccb0c0?tm=1593152513665&rtAction=1593402409083...
  9. 2nd Account Fingerprint Login

in Windows 10 Customization
    2nd Account Fingerprint Login: Windows 10s. Two separate accounts setup each with password, pin & fingerprint One account login gives Pin and/or Fingerprint option. Second account only gives Pin option...how do I get Fingerprint option for both accounts?...
  10. 2nd Windows Install corrupts 1st?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2nd Windows Install corrupts 1st?: This has happened to me more than once. I have an NVMe drive (1TB) and an SSD (500GB EVO 860). The NVMe is the main drive and a clean install of Windows 10 is all set up on it and it worked fine. I booted to a Windows 10 installation media (USB) and installed Windows 10 on...